• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nah. Schwartz staying means the Lions stay the course, with tons of talent and no hope.

Also, you want the Lions to make the playoffs so we can all dream of them having to go to Seattle. Because holy shit would that end poorly for them.

I think Schwartz would probably run across the field and clothesline Pete Carroll after that game.

Lions won't ever go to Seattle, though. If they somehow make the playoffs, their first game is at home.

Monday night's victory by the Ravens really doesn't affect the Dolphins, but it did affect the New York Jets. That victory officially put the final playoff nail in New York's 2013 season. The Jets are eliminated from postseason consideration.
5-tom-brady-dancing-gif.gif

Congrats on the win man, I said it in the previous thread but I wasn't around during the game. Hope you guys make the playoffs and hopefully we can beat those assholes in Baltimore.
Thanks, man. It was a really good game, well fought by both sides, and in the end it could have easily gone either way. To be honest if the Dolphins make the playoffs I hope they don't have to play the Pats again, I'm scared of revenge-fueled Brady.

gutshot

No one is clicking the link in OP. That was very relaxing Buckethead, thanks for that. I died at the fornication part. Source?

NYG @ DET
PIT @ GB
CHI @ PHI

I still believe.

I'm pretty sure the guy in the video is Werner Herzog. I recognize his accent. Not sure what it is from though. One of his documentaries, I assume.

ShaneB

Yay new thread!!! =) Week 16 already! =(

I'll be back home for the next 2 games, getting spoiled and pigging out on lots of food while watching. I'm hoping the terrible internet home at least keeps Gamepass quality acceptable.

Bold prediction time, I do think either the Cards or the Rams upset the Seahawks and get a win at Centurylink. The Cards are a desperate team, looking for a win and staying in the playoff hunt, whereas in week 17 perhaps starters will be resting, and the Rams could just as easily love to play a spoiler role and perhaps break the home win streak if the Cardinals don't, plus the Rams played us incredibly well last time with their defence and they can contend as shown by their manhandling of the Saints.. In either case, I'm a lot more excited for these last two games than I thought I would be earlier in the season. They're both tough tests and it's no cake walk.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What a wonderful week of football, complemented by an appropriately amazing thread by Buckethead. Bravo.

Go Pack Go!

Is it bad that I want the lions to make the playoffs if it means Schwartz will stay?

Yes. You should be ashamed of yourself. Football fans need to unite against bad football.

squicken

I was bugging me all the time, I think you're right.

I think it is some movie about him talking about one of his movies. I don't understand Germans or their art so I don't get the NFL tie in, but it's still damn funny. I laugh at all Big Ben is a rapist jokes

It is very strange at this point of the season, I never want us to loose (Browns) but if we keep loosing we get closer to that top 3 pick haha.

I hope Josh Gordon and rack up some more crazy numbers in the next 2 games, he seems to be the shinning light on the O but with most things Browns related one more bad test away from a year away :/

jmdajr

So the playoffs will probbaly not look all that much different from last year. At least for AFC. Good going Texans working hard to fall out the picture for years to come.

Wes

venison crêpe
This is an important week for Chud. I've had faith in his tank for a long time but against Geno Smith he's going to have to go all out. I don't trust that guy not to give our defence four taints.

After Sunday's game yes, but after last night's game, this was the most updated draft order I found on CBSSports:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24378501/updated-nfl-draft-order-week-15
Ugggh, I want to burn my penis. Lose out and I believe we have pick 3 or 4
This is an important week for Chud. I've had faith in his tank for a long time but against Geno Smith he's going to have to go all out. I don't trust that guy not to give our defence four taints.
Haden must sit...it must be done...

squicken

Ugggh, I want to burn my penis. Lose out and I believe we have pick 3 or 4

Haden must sit...it must be done...

Haden hasn't been so great the psst few weeks, but the Jets don't really have anyone to beat him. Might need to start Weeden and let him work his magic

I had no idea the Giants could cut Eli and save $10m. That's basically what the Rams face with Bradford. Any indications NY would actually draft a QB in this draft and trade or release Eli?
You have a better chance of the Giants winning the Super Bowl this season. i.e. none.;)

KingGondo

Banned
Idk if we can do it! In scared! -_-
Believeland!
Haden hasn't been so great the psst few weeks, but the Jets don't really have anyone to beat him. Might need to start Weeden and let him work his magic
Old Man Weeden will redeem himself by putting the Browns in position to pick his successor with a top-5 selection.

As long as they get top 5 I'm happy. That should put us in position to get Carr, Hundley, or Bortles. I'm kinda flabbergasted by the love for Bortles, though. UCF isn't very good, and they play in a weak-ass conference. I'd like my QB of the future to put up more than 17 points against SMU, ideally.

In fact, it's pretty mind-blowing that two of the top-5 picks might be QBs from the AAC. :X

I want Hundley, personally.

Bowser

MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

ATL @ SF

Just a few comments on what the Dolphins secondary was dealing with on that final drive against the Pats:

Defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle, great guy, continued to add to the building legend of defensive back Michael Thomas. We all know Thomas was poached off the San Francisco practice squad by the personnel department last week. He showed up at camp on Tuesday.

And on Sunday, pressed into service by injuries to Brent Grimes and Nolan Carroll, he intercepted Tom Brady to save the day. Well, Coyle was asked how many practice repetitions Thomas got with the defense last week.

"He got zero reps in practice," Coyle said. "The only reps he got were reps on the scout team (running the New England defense) and he spent a lot of time in meetings."

On the final series, Jimmy Wilson moved to cornerback. He hadn't gotten a snap at cornerback dating back to OTAs two years ago, Coyle said. Rookie cornerback Will Davis was in the game. And obviously Thomas was in.
It's a miracle Brady didn't punch it in, quite frankly.

Makes sense. Guess question will be on the extension
It seems sort of crazy considering the season he has had but I think the Giants will extend him this offseason.

They could try to do a short 1-2 year extension but I would bet that Eli's agent (Tom Condon) is going to argue that this year is an aberration and push for a long term deal.

If that's the case, a 5 year deal isn't out of the question. Do it sooner rather than later and try to structure the contract so it doesn't completely blow the cap up in the later years or make him cuttable with as little dead money as possible in 2016/2017. In other words, he won't be getting a Drew Brees type deal but the going rate on franchise QB's is about 20 million per season and about 40 million guaranteed not matter what you try to do.

Top Bottom