• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

RBH

jxrDQhbX6v2T2.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9fHMY76io#t=23s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

Wrayfield

I think it is some movie about him talking about one of his movies. I don't understand Germans or their art so I don't get the NFL tie in, but it's still damn funny. I laugh at all Big Ben is a rapist jokes

Neither do I, lol! I think bucket was just looking for some rambling that he could tie in.

Christmas list for NFL GAFfers:

Bionic-testosterone shots, velcro shoes
Cajunator- Beer and a hooker
RBH-non burnt penis
Kave Man- catnip and treats
eznark- equality for all coloring book

Striker

Makes sense. Guess question will be on the extension
Eli is definitely staying, but I'm still curious what will happen with this coaching staff. TC I can see staying, but there must certainly be an overhaul on the staff, at least on the offensive side. Garafalo also thinks TC stays, but I haven't seen him spectate much on Gilbride. Fewell has this year under contract but then he can walk. I'd let him go too and look into somebody else. They need to find quality DE's though, or hope JPP can re-gain his 2011 self once his body heals up.

Draxal

Eli is definitely staying, but I'm still curious what will happen with this coaching staff. TC I can see staying, but there must certainly be an overhaul on the staff, at least on the offensive side. Garafalo also thinks TC stays, but I haven't seen him spectate much on Gilbride. Fewell has this year under contract but then he can walk. I'd let him go too and look into somebody else. They need to find quality DE's though, or hope JPP can re-gain his 2011 self once his body heals up.

If Gilbride goes, TC goes. TC was very reluctant to get rid of Sheridan and Lewis, and he's much closer to Gilbride than those two.

Biggest issue I have with Coughlin this year, is that he needs to give Moore and Hankins much more playing time, to see what we have with them. Everything else I really blame on Reese and Ross.

If Gilbride goes, TC goes. TC was very reluctant to get rid of Sheridan and Lewis, and he's much closer to Gilbride than those two.

Biggest issue I have with Coughlin this year, is that he needs to give Moore and Hankins much more playing time, to see what we have with them. Everything else I really blame on Reese and Ross.

I blame Eli

Striker

Reese is another guy who needs to improve, and do it fast. This is a big draft for him.

Hufnagel was TC's guy and got forced out as well. So I can see something here with Gilbide in the same sense. The Giants offense has been in the top ten for a number of years, and that changed last year. Two years of this production isn't cutting it and it starts with the coaching. I did see his interview on Giants.com about worrying of his job safety, and from what I gather, he blames the lack of talent than his playcalling. Hey numbnuts, stop calling deep routes for these guys when the interior of the OL is constantly getting destroyed.

I blame Eli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIzOEHKQPqg

I would, too.

Fucking Hakeem. What happened to you?:(

Hey numbnuts, stop calling deep routes for these guys when the interior of the OL is constantly getting destroyed.
...but he hasn't done that for quite some time, now. The Giants offense has been adjusted at this point for the last 6 games or so. Short crossing routes, back shoulder throws on 5 step drops, short slants and a heavy heavy focus on the running game because the offensive line can't block. I don't think that complaint really applies anymore.

You can certainly ding him for a lack of imagination in this adjusted offense; continued reliance on screens that go nowhere, overuse of the shotgun draw (which frankly could easily be put at the feet of Eli if he's checking to those plays!) , etc. If anything, this offense is so predicated on the deep pass that it shows you how pedestrian it is when that's taken away.

I've defended Gilbride here plenty in the past but even I'm not opposed to his moving on but it's not for a lack of trying or because he's stubbornly holding on to the deep passing game.

Hankins played 24 snaps last game. Moore played nearly 20. They are being worked into the rotation but I agree both need more playing time alongside Jernigan (this is going to happen now with Cruz out) and Hosely.

Jeff-DSA

I hate playing in Buffalo this late in the year, but I feel pretty good about winning out. I'd like to see the Ravens lose, but I never like seeing New England win. Conflicted.

bionic77

I just left a reading (shithole of a town in PA, so bad it should be in Florida) Chik Fil A and I saw a scumbag Pats fan wearing a Hernandez jersey.

Hard to finish my lunch after that.

Wish there was law that put Pat fans in jail. :(

WedgeX

Banned
Back to Charlie Brown mode, Lions-GAF.

Who is going to coach the Lions next year?

I really don't have any pertinent thoughts for the remainder of the season. Lions blew the biggest opportunity they've had during my lifetime. Them going to the playoffs now would be due to grand luck, they've earned nothing.

You know people's picks mean nothing.

I know. I know that what's said in here (or really anywhere on the internet) has zero impact on what happens on the field.

It's just (and this is just a me thing), I think I prefer being the underdog. I prefer back when no one had any expectations of us, back when people saw us beating on the Vikings and Bucs and they thought we were phonies and frauds who would be demolished by the first good team we saw.

Bowser

I know. I know that what's said in here (or really anywhere on the internet) has zero impact on what happens on the field.

It's just (and this is just a me thing), I think I prefer being the underdog. I prefer back when no one had any expectations of us, back when people saw us beating on the Vikings and Bucs and they thought we were phonies and frauds who would be demolished by the first good team we saw.

Loser's mentality. Time for the Panthers to grow out of this mythical underdog positioning and take their place among the league's elite.

Can someone avatarize this for Kas?

qcj8pFz.jpg

bionic77

be careful or you might be next...
I know. I was thinking of taking a picture but any person who still wears a Hernandez jersey is a psycho and I don't want to leave my kids without a father.

The Pats organization doesn't give a fuck about who gets executed but us decent folk still do.

Getting self-righteous while having a murderer win two SBs on your team = Ravens fans.

smh

Edit: So Eli's broken the record for most interceptions by a Giants QB in his career huh?

He was also hopped up on deer piss and I'm pretty sure Flacco sacrificed a virgin to have that post-season he did. No self-righteousness here, get that ring by any means necessary. To bad Manbaby snitched you out, could of got at least one ring against Eli. Now snitches, that is something to get self-righteous about.

bionic77

They really need to fix his delivery. Throwing balls that low is just asking for trouble. Maybe it'll improve his accuracy too.
We need to close the book on Fatty being an elite qb. And then shred it and burn it.

Not even KAS can defend his coach or qb after this collapse.

Eventually you have to go out and win some games. Excuses are for losers like Gata. Speaking of that idiot is he visiting PA? Maybe the Reading area?

Draconian

We need to close the book on Fatty being an elite qb. And then shred it and burn it.

Not even KAS can defend his coach or qb after this collapse.

It's hard for me to say at this point. He's only 25, but can anybody point to any one big game he's actually won? He has some of the best weapons in the league and yet his completion percentage is under 60. This falls into line with what he's been doing his entire career. He just doesn't look like he's improved from season to season as much as he should have and things like sidearming the ball should've been expunged years ago.

Trey

Hey Marrone + Hackett. You see what the Chiefs are doing with Charles? You see what Gailey did with Spiller last season?

Do that shit.

Bowser

Where it gets really interesting is that Baltimore-Cincinnati matchup. If Week 16 sees the Dolphins beat the Bills, Week 17 becomes a free-for-all. The Dolphins would then make the playoffs, likely as the no. 6 seed, with a win over the Jets at home. The winner of the Bengals-Ravens game would clinch the AFC North and a home playoff game in the first round, while the loser would almost surely go home empty-handed. Given Miami's soft AFC East schedule the rest of the way, they have to be considered the favorites to win the no. 6 seed. San Diego would need to win out while both the Dolphins and Bengals lose out to claim the no. 6 seed.

Notice how I said the Dolphins would "likely" be the no. 6 seed with a win in Week 17? They still have a shot at winning the AFC East, and the Patriots, amazingly, could still miss the playoffs. If Miami wins out and the Patriots lose to the Ravens and Bills — often a thorn in New England's side — the Dolphins would win the AFC East at 10-6, by virtue of having a superior record within the division. If the Ravens win the AFC North and the Bengals beat the Vikings in Week 16, that would leave 10-6 Cincinnati in the playoffs as the no. 6 seed over the Patriots, by virtue of their home win over New England this year. It seems unlikely, of course, but with two weeks in the NFL season to go, it's amazing that just four teams (Seattle, Denver, Indianapolis, and Kansas City) have clinched playoff spots.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/86159/the-lions-cant-seem-to-help-themselves
This season has been awesome.

Second scenario would be delicious.

Falcons finish the season with @SF and vCAR.

Ouch.
There shall be no joy in Mudville these last couple of weeks.

49ers will want to send off the Stick in grand fashion, and both teams are fighting for top spot in their divisions. We're toast.

Next week's MNF game will be shitty, too.

Anyway, I'm getting brain freeze at all the scenarios the Phins can get in. I guess I'll just root for them to win their last games, and we're in.

it's for the best, we win out and get in hot, I don't honestly believe we can go on a 9 game win streak but damn it we can finish strong and maybe play spoiler to someone

Top Bottom