• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

MechDX

Somebody on Twitter was trying to argue with me that Kubiak is a great coach and that his only problem was that he didn't have a good QB last year.

Guy has a point.

And who does no having a QB fall on? Kubiak. Guy is just stubborn and too damn old fashioned. There is a reason McNair said during the firing presser they wanted a HC who could adjust on the fly and admit when something isn't working and make a change. He would be ok as an OC with someone over him who can veto anything not correct.

Also:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/st...ent?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Manziel will declare tomorrow. I absolutely want no part of him personally. Tuicking time bomb in my opinion. #1 is too high to draft Bortles as well.

MechDX

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/07/lovie-smith-darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

BILL O’BRIEN’S NOT LOOKING FOR TOO MUCH—JUST ANOTHER TOM BRADY. Just kidding. He’s not. But what the new Texans coach wants in whoever is under center for him in 2014 (it won’t be Matt Schaub, if the rest of the organization has anything to do with it) is someone who, like Brady, has a passion for football that equals O’Brien’s. “I’d be getting texts, calls from Tom on Wednesday night about the third-down package,’’ O’Brien told me. “Thursday night I’d be hearing from him 9 o’clock, 10 o’clock about red-zone plays. Obviously, he’s talented, but Tom never stopped thinking about football. When you coach Tom Brady, you’re not coaching with him; you’re a partner in the offense with him. That’s the ideal for a quarterback—someone who cares about it as much as you do.” O’Brien found that in Matt McGloin at Penn State in his first year there, and it’s why he went to the mat with NFL teams, stridently insisting to them last spring they should give McGloin a shot in training camp. The Raiders did, and McGloin ended up playing seven games for Oakland, outperforming Terrelle Pryor. The big question for O’Brien: Is Teddy Bridgewater that guy with the No. 1 pick? Is Blake Bortles (288 passing yards, three touchdowns, 74 percent completions in a Sept. 14 Central Florida win at Penn State) the guy after a trade down? Or Johnny Manziel, or Tajh Boyd, or Derek Carr? O’Brien will find out soon enough. “I just got in the building,’’ he said. “There are so many scenarios. We draft a quarterback there, we trade the pick to someone who’ll give us a lot for it, or we take another position. Lots of time to figure that out.” The draft is four months from tomorrow. O’Brien will be sick of the over-analysis by then.

From everything I have read and watched Teddy is the only one in this draft class that fits this description.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/st...cco-brother-enter-draft?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco might not be the only Flacco in the NFL next season.

Mike Flacco, Joe's 26-year-old brother, plans to enter this year's NFL draft, a league source told ESPN.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound tight end, who played four seasons of minor league baseball for the Baltimore Orioles and Boston Red Sox, played football this past season at the University of New Haven.

If there is a god the Ravens will draft him for Larrys response!!

Coldplay would be disgusted with us.

She's alright, nothing special.

Now Samantha Wright, OOF!

Z16JpzY.jpg

87VGuYk.jpg

nRNx5WS.jpg

aADqkQb.jpg

Qlps9kc.jpg

WvtO7C6.jpg

1345040080641maqok.gif

My noodle.

Manziel will declare tomorrow. I absolutely want no part of him personally. Tuicking time bomb in my opinion. #1 is too high to draft Bortles as well.

My biggest issue now with Money is his size and he looks frail. He's not going to be able jump over JJ Watt, or put the spin move on Demarcus Ware to get free. He's going to have to stand in the pocket, deliver and probably end up taking a shot from a Greg Hardy or a Cameron Wake coming off the edge. How many of those shots can he absorb?

I'm over the off-the-field stuff now. All reports say that he has great work ethic and he's able to separate when's it time for putting in the work in the business of football and when it's time to be rich college student Money Manziel in the club.

831810282.gif

There is only one guy left to root for (PeyPey is another good option).

I know new thread and all, but I wanted just to say this in this thread because I missed out on it before and it applies to the Wild Card game.

I was at the Colts game with my dad and I sit up in the upper deck right where this TD happened. It is perhaps the greatest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. We're getting ever so close to completing the comeback, and then this play happened in, like slow motion.

I'm watching Donald get it...I see the ball jump into the air and I'm like "Oh no! We can't fumble!"

Then I see it bounce and I think, "It's going to Luck, whew..."

Then I see Andrew grab it, and I'm saying to my dad, "Andrew's got it..."

Then I see him running with it, and I say, "Andrew's got it!"

Then I see him jump and slam it, and I start yelling, "ANDREW'S GOT IT"

I think I headbutted my dad's chin going in to hug him because we were all going so wild. It was something I haven't felt since watching Marlin Jackson pick of Brady at the RCA Dome.

I finally bought in on season tickets last year because I figured I had the opportunity and maybe this Luck kid would pay off in a couple of years. I have been so blessed to see the Colts play the last two years. It has been special. And I think Luck will continue to be special for many years.

Anyways, it was just an unbelievable time and I'll never forget it. I keep rewatching that play just to remember how awesome that play was. Just...wow.

Wrayfield

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/52c8a7a9eab8ea581c42fcae/831810282.gif[img]

There is only one guy left to root for (PeyPey is another good option).

I don't see how anyone can hate Luck. He congratulates defenders after they knock the fuck out of him, and never flag begs like a bitch. He could throw 5 picks, and still not give a fuck and avoid becoming gun shy.

He also has the heart of a fighter. I'm pretty sure, deep down inside.. Even Pats fans are pulling for him. I could show you the long congratulatory PM from Gata last week (and after every Jags vs Colts game), but it's barely legible and it is confidential.

The only people who don't like Luck.. Well nevermind. I can't think of any.[/QUOTE]

I like him. If for nothing else, I like his barking voice during snapcount. Still believe that's the mark of a good QB.

Top Bottom