• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

nastia-liukin-medium-curly-sexy-blonde-275.jpg

Hmmm need to google

Talon

I find it amazing that Giants fans act like Gilbride made no offensive adjustments. You can knock him for not recognizing that it needed to be done sooner but midway through the season it was all short passes, screens, draw plays and heavy focus on running which we couldn't do anyways. Which I'm sure he hated because the Giants offense is predicated on the deep passing game. No one cares if Eli is running play action if they have no respect for a running game that was non-existent.

Guy did what he could with the personnel he was given. Giants don't fix the offensive line, it doesn't matter who is calling plays.
Ctrl+F "Giants"
Replace with "Falcons"

:(

Konka

Banned

bionic77

Football Outsiders did a study on what teams do different in the playoffs vs regular season that makes them successful. The findings are that it is best to be shitty on defense in the regular season, and that being good at offense in the regular season is bad. So the Chargers are the team to watch this year

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/secret-sauce-revisited
It is best to be lucky. The teams that win it all get one to five crazy and usually lucky plays. That's the difference between winning and losing, winning and dying. It always comes down to a few inches and a few fluke plays.

Godslay

Banned
Football Outsiders did a study on what teams do different in the playoffs vs regular season that makes them successful. The findings are that it is best to be shitty on defense in the regular season, and that being good at offense in the regular season is bad. So the Chargers are the team to watch this year

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/secret-sauce-revisited

Chargers rate out just as bad as Denver in terms of his expectations of playoff success, how did you derive that Chargers are the team to watch? Colts are 1 in AFC, GB 1 in the NFC, as shown by this. Denver and Chargers are neck and neck in terms of expected success, with Denver's expectations being the worst. Which is fine by me.

Taken from the article, 12 is worst, 1 is best.
ibjIiEKaK5YmSx.png

FOX Sports: NFL ‏@NFLonFOX24m
Most rush yds by QB, playoff history:
Young 594
Elway 461
Staubach 432
McNabb 422
Kaepernick 362

They've played 15+ games.
Kap's played 4.

pretty impressive! hopefully kap plays the packers again next year so he can climb ever closer to the top!

KaYotiX

Banned
Injuries fucked us hard this year......I hope the packers can stay healthy next year. Would love too see what they could do with a healthy lineup.

So who do i root for now that green bay is out?

squicken

Chargers rate out just as bad as Denver in terms of his expectations of playoff success, how did you derive that Chargers are the team to watch? Colts are 1 in AFC, GB 1 in the NFC, as shown by this. Denver and Chargers are neck and neck in terms of expected success, with Denver's expectations being the worst. Which is fine by me.

Taken from the article, 12 is worst, 1 is best.
ibjIiEKaK5YmSx.png

Was skimming and thought I read that GB would have been the best choice, but since they were out, it was SD. Oh well, GO Colts then!

He is apparently going to bring Wade Phillips with him wherever he goes.

Honestly, after this year, I have no idea why Detroit would do this.

Now, with Kubiak at OC while Whisenhunt is head coach? I'd take that.

I refuse to believe the Lions would fire Schwartz in part due to him being a dumbass who didn't accomplish anything, only to hire Kubiak coming off a 2-14 season. Nah, not even going to think about it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I refuse to believe the Lions would fire Schwartz in part due to him being a dumbass who didn't accomplish anything, only to hire Kubiak coming off a 2-14 season. Nah, not even going to think about it.

Somebody on Twitter was trying to argue with me that Kubiak is a great coach and that his only problem was that he didn't have a good QB last year.

Konka

Banned
Somebody on Twitter was trying to argue with me that Kubiak is a great coach and that his only problem was that he didn't have a good QB last year.

Install Kubiak and bring in Schoob as competition to Stafford. Schoob starts by week 4.

Godslay

Banned
Was skimming and thought I read that GB would have been the best choice, but since they were out, it was SD. Oh well, GO Colts then!

I don't blame you, it's a dense article. If anything it just proves to me that they haven't pinned down what separates playoff success from regular season success. Regular season is easier to predict in general, whereas playoffs success isn't.

Although I did find it interesting that the home team is favored in all rounds with the exception being the conference championship games. Where it evens out iirc.

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 4m
Browns brass on their way to Green Bay. Will begin their interview with Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo tomorrow
We're going to him? It's a rap, it must be him!
Edit: we've actually traveled to meet most of our candidates, last and this year I believe.

Spinluck

Injuries fucked us hard this year......I hope the packers can stay healthy next year. Would love too see what they could do with a healthy lineup.

So who do i root for now that green bay is out?

831810282.gif

There is only one guy left to root for (PeyPey is another good option).

I don't see how anyone can hate Luck. He congratulates defenders after they knock the fuck out of him, and never flag begs like a bitch. He could throw 5 picks, and still not give a fuck and avoid becoming gun shy.

He also has the heart of a fighter. I'm pretty sure, deep down inside.. Even Pats fans are pulling for him. I could show you the long congratulatory PM from Gata last week (and after every Jags vs Colts game), but it's barely legible and it is confidential.

The only people who don't like Luck.. Well nevermind. I can't think of any.

831810282.gif

There is only one guy left to root for (PeyPey is another good option).

I don't see how anyone can hate Luck. He congratulates defenders after they knock the fuck out of him, and never flag begs like a bitch. He could throw 5 picks, and still not give a fuck and avoid becoming gun shy.

He also has the heart of a fighter. I'm pretty sure, deep down inside.. Even Pats fans are pulling for him. I could show you the long congratulatory PM from Gata last week (and after every Jags vs Colts game), but it's barely legible and it is confidential.

The only people who don't like Luck.. Well nevermind. I can't think of any.

The only problem with rooting for Luck means I also have to root for Irsay. He comes off as a mega douche.

Top Bottom