• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

JABEE

You guys keep saying pound the rock, he's trying to tell you that they could not run the ball. The RBs on hand probably didn't know all the plays. Do you trust a guy who hasn't played all year not to fumble? I agree with TC on this.

I think the optimal strategy is to keep the foot on the gas and hope you can score enough to keep your shit defense afloat. Sadly, KC's defense was historically Oilers awful. It's just bad luck, bad talent and a really good player picking them apart. I mean EVERY bit of good luck went the Colts way in that half. Sometimes God hates you
You should have more than two RBs capable of running your plays on the team. Your third string guy should be capable of burning the clock out without turning the ball over.

I understand why they decided to throw the ball, but lacking the depth to close out a game is not an excuse. Your players should be ready.

squicken

I thought the Lions were rumored to be interested in Kubes, but they actually interviewed him today. Stafford would hate Kubes. He protected Schoob in the media but he is a hard ass as far as how he coaches

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I thought the Lions were rumored to be interested in Kubes, but they actually interviewed him today. Stafford would hate Kubes. He protected Schoob in the media but he is a hard ass as far as how he coaches

He is apparently going to bring Wade Phillips with him wherever he goes.

Honestly, after this year, I have no idea why Detroit would do this.

Now, with Kubiak at OC while Whisenhunt is head coach? I'd take that.

squicken

What people don't get about the Texans defense is that it is a pile of shit, Antonio Smith and JJ Watt. Wade isn't exciting but he's not bad. He can't scheme around bad talent like Rex and Belichick, but those guys are rare.

Not saying you should want anything to do with that duo. It's a known quantity and it is not championship caliber

MechDX

Kinda funny Lions fans upset that Gary Kubiak was interviewed. Lions playoff wins since 1958? 1. Kubiak will be a HC again at some point. PDStwitter.

Kind of true. Get you to the playoffs just not past divisional

squicken

Getting a HJ from an AD employee on a scooter is nothing compared to some of the shit we've seen over the years.

His greatest transgression is how he quit the Falcons job. Shows a pretty low character to quit when the going gets tough. See Saban, Nick on that as well

The cover up is what got him fired at Arky if I remember right

You guys keep saying pound the rock, he's trying to tell you that they could not run the ball. The RBs on hand probably didn't know all the plays. Do you trust a guy who hasn't played all year not to fumble? I agree with TC on this.

I think the optimal strategy is to keep the foot on the gas and hope you can score enough to keep your shit defense afloat. Sadly, KC's defense was historically Oilers awful. It's just bad luck, bad talent and a really good player picking them apart. I mean EVERY bit of good luck went the Colts way in that half. Sometimes God hates you

That's precisely what I'm saying. But GAF knows my team better than I do, and certainly better than Coach of the Year candidate, Kool-Aid Reid. I'm surprised more of these guys aren't head coaches in the league. They would have ridden our blocking FB and third string RB (he of nine carries all year) to victory. Why stick with what got us 38 first half points? The Colts would never have adjusted to that.

What people don't get about the Texans defense is that it is a pile of shit, Antonio Smith and JJ Watt. Wade isn't exciting but he's not bad. He can't scheme around bad talent like Rex and Belichick, but those guys are rare.

Not saying you should want anything to do with that duo. It's a known quantity and it is not championship caliber

That's getting him off easy. Any decent QB can decipher his vanilla defense in seconds. Saying the talent is shit isn't fair, theres talent there. At least Capers, for example, tries to make Shit Mountain with what he has. Wade makes no adjustments and just shovels it out as is.

Godslay

Banned
Oh wow, that was fast, even Lunchbox hates this guy.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 4m
Had to be planned but, #Dolphins have replaced GM Jeff Ireland with former Lions GM Matt Millen.

BigAT

Oh wow, that was fast, even Lunchbox hates this guy.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 4m
Had to be planned but, #Dolphins have replaced GM Jeff Ireland with former Lions GM Matt Millen.

Holy cow, I thought you were kidding, but:

slYRjug.jpg

squicken

That's getting him off easy. Any decent QB can decipher his vanilla defense in seconds. Saying the talent is shit isn't fair, theres talent there. At least Capers, for example, tries to make Shit Mountain with what he has. Wade makes no adjustments and just shovels it out as is.

Agree. He gets killed by good QBs. He's too much man and too predictable with his blitzes. But Rodgers, Brees and Brady light up most defenses. Wade is good enough to stop average and bad QBs. He's an okay coordinator. And he's the one who told Rick Smith to take Watt

But really, the defense was talent-poor there this year. There's no scheming around Shiloh Keo and Daryl Sharpton and Brooks Reed as every down players.

His ceiling is playoffs not championship, b/c he can't stop the good QBs. He's better than Cunningham and he and Kubes are a big upgrade over Schwartz and staff, but the ceiling is too low.

Would be kind of interesting to see Kubes run his offense with a QB who can throw it. Schoob probably underthrew 85 TDs to a wide open Andre Johnson all alone 40 yards downfield

Chief's time of possession: 37:33
Colt's time of possession 22:27

Had absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game. We lost because our defense was garbage. Absolute garbage. I'm talking SEC level bad.

Time management had nothing to do with the outcome. I swear some of you guys don't even watch football.

Word.

From the 2nd half kickoff to the lead lost with under 5 min to go.

KC 14 minutes, 54 seconds of possession
INDY 10 minutes, 30 seconds of possession

The problem was 90% the defense barfing all over themselves.
35 Points allowed in 10 and a half min.

Word.

From the 2nd half kickoff to the lead lost with under 5 min to go.

KC 14 minutes, 54 seconds of possession
INDY 10 minutes, 30 seconds of possession

The problem was 90% the defense barfing all over themselves.
35 Points allowed in 10 and a half min.

Your facts don't fit into the preconceived notion that the Chiefs lost due to LOLReid time management issues. I've tried logic...it's time to move on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Doing some more testing, the game's not always taking my body type info properly for some reason. Skin color seems to be going through okay though.

Test crew. Apparently DM is thinking about his ex-wife.

People trying to be as far away from each other as possible in the shower. JABEE keeps his shades on. Workers left a bunch of construction material in there though, high chance of it providing contraband.

These 4 all decided to sit at the same canteen bench for some reason, Fantomex up top wishes they all picked somewhere else to sit:

Fantomex

Doing some more testing, the game's not always taking my body type info properly for some reason. Skin color seems to be going through okay though.

People trying to be as far away from each other as possible in the shower. JABEE keeps his shades on. Workers left a bunch of construction material in there though, high chance of it providing contraband.

These 4 all decided to sit at the same canteen bench for some reason, Fantomex up top wishes they all picked somewhere else to sit:

Haha that seems hella fun to watch.

Have fun with lame duck Philbin next year! Maybe 2015!

Why do you hate us so much?

rando14

:jnc I love it, keep us updated!!

Top Bottom