• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

AFC Championship quarterbacking:

2016: Brady vs Ben
2015: Brady vs Peyton
2014: Brady vs Luck
2013: Brady vs Peyton
2012: Brady vs Flacco
2011: Brady vs Flacco
2010: Ben vs Sanchez
2009: Peyton vs Sanchez
2008: Ben vs Flacco
2007: Brady vs Rivers
2006: Brady vs Peyton
2005: Ben vs Peyton
2004: Brady vs Ben
2003: Brady vs Peyton

BigAT

Let's hear it for the NFL only paying lip service to concussion protocol!

b8na9icf5ayjwf4bjijy.gif

What the fuck was that flag? His helmet looked like it hit the ball

^Never forget.

bionic77

What exactly was Kelce mad about?

That was clearly a hold. I mean it is not even close. I don't get what he was angry about.

this_guy

This thread isn't complete until we post some NBC memes, baby!

siUvhZm.jpg

WzHUa6a.jpg

IxwfVj9.jpg

dvPYlvB.jpg

Geez those are terrible. Did they have Tony Dungy make those? Because it looks like that's his type of humor. Does he have a sense of humor?

Only thing they could do to make it worse is to have Phil Simms read those to you.

Talon

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the 33-32 result for a couple of reasons.

1. Green Bay was in its lull, although you can argue that was Rodger's best offensive output in the first half of the season.
2. Atlanta had just come off losing two tight games against Seattle and San Diego as well.
3. Falcons defense clearly improved as the season went along considering we start 7 1st or 2nd year players (really 8 now since Trufant went down and Collins stepped in).
4. Ty Montgomery didn't play in the first game who is the only running threat of consequence all season.
5. Atlanta didn't have Tevin Coleman (injured at the time) who really blows shit up for defenses as a receiver out of the backfield.
6. Green Bay's secondary is somehow even more depleted now than that point.
7. Somehow our pass defense has been better without Des Trufant back there. (Had New Orleans' top passing offense solved until garbage time defense let 19 points through in the fourth).

It's going to be offensive fireworks and priority #1 for Quinn needs to be keeping AGod in the pocket.

Grexeno

AFC Championship quarterbacking:

2016: Brady vs Ben
2015: Brady vs Peyton
2014: Brady vs Luck
2013: Brady vs Peyton
2012: Brady vs Flacco
2011: Brady vs Flacco
2010: Ben vs Sanchez
2009: Peyton vs Sanchez
2008: Ben vs Flacco
2007: Brady vs Rivers
2006: Brady vs Peyton
2005: Ben vs Peyton
2004: Brady vs Ben
2003: Brady vs Peyton
2005 was Ben vs. Jake Plummer.

The Steelers must prevail. We stand on the precipice of Trumpness. In the same week that Trump gets sworn in, we cannot allow the Trumpriots to win a trip to the Super Bowl.

The Steelers need to win this not just for themselves, not just for America, but for the entire world.

Otherwise we are truly on the darkest timeline.

bionic77

The Steelers must prevail. We stand on the precipice of Trumpness. In the same week that Trump gets sworn in, we cannot allow the Trumpriots to win a trip to the Super Bowl.

The Steelers need to win this not just for themselves, not just for America, but for the entire world.

Otherwise we are truly on the darkest timeline.
Its already the darkest timeline.

The Steelers and the Nintendo Switch are just trying to give a little light and hope in the darkness.

Servbot24

Banned
GO PACK GO

Also, give us the Pats. What a noble and glorious season it would be to take out both the Cowboys and the Patriots.

RBH

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the 33-32 result for a couple of reasons.

1. Green Bay was in its lull, although you can argue that was Rodger's best offensive output in the first half of the season.
2. Atlanta had just come off losing two tight games against Seattle and San Diego as well.
3. Falcons defense clearly improved as the season went along considering we start 7 1st or 2nd year players (really 8 now since Trufant went down and Collins stepped in).
4. Ty Montgomery didn't play in the first game who is the only running threat of consequence all season.
5. Atlanta didn't have Tevin Coleman (injured at the time) who really blows shit up for defenses as a receiver out of the backfield.
6. Green Bay's secondary is somehow even more depleted now than that point.
7. Somehow our pass defense has been better without Des Trufant back there. (Had New Orleans' top passing offense solved until garbage time defense let 19 points through in the fourth).

It's going to be offensive fireworks and priority #1 for Quinn needs to be keeping AGod in the pocket.
I had completely forgotten that Coleman wasn't even active for the first game.

It's been fun to watch the young guys on defense improve as the season went on.

I know Dimitroff has gotten a lot of (deserved) heat in recent years, but 13 regulars from the past three drafts is nothing to sneeze at.

Trumpylvania must be stopped

Root for the only non trump state left

hmmm...

This is bullshit. Fuck trump fuck Brady fuck Belichick fuck anybody else who voted trump.

Man fuck Brady and fuck Belichick even more.

Man fuck Brady and Belichick. I can't look past them supporting such a prick. As long as they are on the Patriots I won't be a patriot fan anymore.

That bullshit yesterday was the last straw

TDR needs to repent.
TDR pls stop this..

You are complaining about the Pats..

But let me ask you all a question.. the Pats are still fucking evil.. no question.. but do you want a world where Pittsburgh has 7 Super Bowls.. that is hell.. I can promise you that you don't want this.

That's Pandora's box.. we can't open Pandora's box..

So... the situation that I didn't want to be forced into as finally been put on me...

Go Pats.. :(

TDR pls stop this..

You are complaining about the Pats..

But let me ask you all a question.. the Pats are still fucking evil.. no question.. but do you want a world where Pittsburgh has 7 Super Bowls.. that is hell.. I can promise you that you don't want this.

That's Pandora's box.. we can't open Pandora's box..

So... the situation that I didn't want to be forced into as finally been put on me...

Go Pats.. :(
I would rather Pittsburgh win the next 15 SBs than the Patriots win 1 more regular season game.

I considered preseason but I spent some time contemplating and decided against it. I'm a man of reason, after all.

Those holds happen every play. The refs pick and choose when they want to throw a flag

C'mon FMT..

kelceisdumb.0.gif

Kelce is a moron. Two handed shove after the whistle. Completely fell for the needling that happens after EVERY play and gave the opponent 15 yards. Cockrell sold it perfectly. Kelce couldn't even look Justin Houston in the face after this because it was so stupid. Then the idiot wants to complain about refs?! He's lucky he was bailed out by Maclin. This guy is gonna get kicked out of another game next season, book it.

I would rather Pittsburgh win the next 15 SBs than the Patriots win 1 more regular season game.

I considered preseason but I spent some time contemplating and decided against it. I'm a man of reason, after all.
If that reality were to occur, you'd never see my ass again.

Because I'll have probably drank enough bleach to fucking fill the ocean

C'mon FMT..

kelceisdumb.0.gif

Kelce is a moron. Two handed shove after the whistle. Completely fell for the needling that happens after EVERY play and gave the opponent 15 yards. Cockrell sold it perfectly. Kelce couldn't even look Justin Houston in the face after this because it was so stupid. Then the idiot wants to complain about refs?! He's lucky he was bailed out by Maclin. This guy is gonna get kicked out of another game next season, book it.

I thought he was complaining about the holding call on the 2 pt conversion

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm disappointed in TDR.

Hoping for other teams to do the work his team should have done in the first place.

Over and over we keep hearing how it's "fuck the Pats" but the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are the teams that could literally fuck them over but y'all keep fucking it up!

It's your fault the Pats are what they are, you're the reason for this. You know it to be true.

You can say "but they cheat" but you know the truth. That's just a beard to hide your sadness.

I thought he was complaining about the holding call on the 2 pt conversion

Oh. My bad.

Kelce was just deflecting from his idiot play.

I'm disappointed in TDR.

Hoping for other teams to do the work his team should have done in the first place.

Over and over we keep hearing how it's "fuck the Pats" but the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are the teams that could literally fuck them over but y'all keep fucking it up!

It's your fault the Pats are what they are, you're the reason for this. You know it to be true.

You can say "but they cheat" but you know the truth. That's just a beard to hide your sadness.

Why is every Browns fan on this board a closet Asterisks fan?

I'm disappointed in TDR.

Wow, this really hit me where it hurts, Kave. I'll try to pull some strings and create a few franchise players out of thin air so my team can stop sucking shit.

I am a parent and the Dolphins are my piece of shit worthless child who will never amount to anything no matter how much I try to help them. No one is more disappointed in them than me!

Top Bottom