• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 17 |OT| Miami has the Dolphins...the Greatest football team...

Wish we could get this guy out of the division
Why? Every year he becomes less effective at the one thing he could do. His production is a joke at this point and he is a terrible character guy. The eagles would be morons to go get him. Any money spent on hm is money that could have been spent on a much better player. I figure the rest of the division is praying that Howie continues to be a disaster as a gm and pays djax.

I'm talking from my ass? Jay Ajayi ran for 204 yards and 2 TDs in that game. His running is what allowed Tannehill to throw all over us.

Ben was playing like absolute trash too (before his injury) and gave the Dolphins short fields with terrible picks. Spare me the fish story of the mighty Ryan Tannehill styling all over us.
Doesn't have to be one or the other. Tannehill and Ajayi both had outstanding games, the offense was clicking on all fronts. A lot of Ajayi's yards came in the second half also, after Tannehill had done most of his damage.

Also Ben had two INTs in the game and only one that gave the ball away in Steelers territory. Not a great excuse for how poorly the defense performed.

I understand none of this fits with your "Tannehill is trash" narrative that you've burned into the dark recesses of your mind though, so by all means feel free to continue with your retconning.

Nobody's stock has fallen as far as fast as Chip Kelly. The Eagles are trying to reverse virtually all of his personnel moves.
Yeah Murray, Kiko and Maxwell sure we're terrible this year, oh wait. Plus who was the gm when the eagles got rid of djax, I will give you a hint it wasn't chip.

If there were justice in this world that'd be the end of Rex HCing in the league

There isn't, so I expect him to replace someone within the next 4 days

I don't know about Rex, but that's gotta be Rob's last stint. I think Rex winds up on one of the Sunday shows. He's loud and opinionated, so he'd be a great counterpoint to Dungy, who while pretty smart about football is so low key.

C0tBGXEUcAIsqgp.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just don't get the Tyrod benching. EJ Manuel sucks. Even if you're Whaley you would at least want to pretend like theres a chance Tyrod is your QB next year for the sake of trade value.

Hindl

Why? Every year he becomes less effective at the one thing he could do. His production is a joke at this point and he is a terrible character guy. The eagles would be morons to go get him. Any money spent on hm is money that could have been spent on a much better player. I figure the rest of the division is praying that Howie continues to be a disaster as a gm and pays djax.

In 4 out of the last 5 games he's had 100+ yards and is going to break 1000 on the season. That's not exactly what I'd call joke production

Trey

I don't know about Rex, but that's gotta be Rob's last stint. I think Rex winds up on one of the Sunday shows. He's loud and opinionated, so he'd be a great counterpoint to Dungy, who while pretty smart about football is so low key.

Rob is such trash. The defensive coaching all the way around has been poor for the last two years.

Doesn't have to be one or the other. Tannehill and Ajayi both had outstanding games, the offense was clicking on all fronts. A lot of Ajayi's yards came in the second half also, after Tannehill had done most of his damage.

Also Ben had two INTs in the game and only one that gave the ball away in Steelers territory. Not a great excuse for how poorly the defense performed.

I understand none of this fits with your "Tannehill is trash" narrative that you've burned into the dark recesses of your mind though, so by all means feel free to continue with your retconning.
Call me a cynic but a QB who gets yards between the 20s and the can't punch it in doesn't impress me much.

You and I are never going to agree on Tannehill (until you do, but I assume that'll take another season or two) but the point that I am trying to make is that nobody fears Tannehill. The Dolphins appear to be winning in spite of him, which was made even more apparent when Moore came in and performed better than Tanny ever has.

Yeah Murray, Kiko and Maxwell sure we're terrible this year, oh wait. Plus who was the gm when the eagles got rid of djax, I will give you a hint it wasn't chip.

I love this "Chip wasn't in charge of personnel" argument you've taken up the past couple of months. It makes for interesting posts.

Doomsayer

I would take Tyrod on the 49ers in a heartbeat, love his game.

Kaep has also quietly put together a decent season after a really rough start. Aside from that abortion of a Bears game he's looked good.

62% completion percentage 8/2 TD/INT with 192 yards rushing a TD. I doubt he will come back, but I wouldn't be against it.

cdyhybrid

Kaep has also quietly put together a decent season after a really rough start. Aside from that abortion of a Bears game he's looked good.

62% completion percentage 8/2 TD/INT with 192 yards rushing a TD. I doubt he will come back, but I wouldn't be against it.
Not bad at all, especially when you consider what's around him outside of Carlos Hyde.

I'm basically convinced you don't actually watch football at this point

Hindl

I'd be shocked if Chip doesn't go after Tyrod. Seems perfect for what he wants to do. How does Kaep's contract situation work now?

Call me a cynic but a QB who gets yards between the 20s and the can't punch it in doesn't impress me much.

You and I are never going to agree on Tannehill (until you do, but I assume that'll take another season or two) but the point that I am trying to make is that nobody fears Tannehill. The Dolphins appear to be winning in spite of him, which was made even more apparent when Moore came in and performed better than Tanny ever has.

I love this "Chip wasn't in charge of personnel" argument you've taken up the past couple of months. It makes for interesting posts.

LMAO

Oh and...

Keep showing that ignorance though,

LJ11

I'll always like Rex, his big mouth gets him into trouble, he's not a good head coach, this group didn't mesh with him at all, but he is a heck of a DC and his D staff has shown chops when they went on their own. D just bitched for 2 straight seasons. Rob had nothing to do with this shit show but somehow he gets thrown under the bus. I'm glad Rex went down with Tyrod, much respect to him for that.

This org is fucking trash and I will no longer actively cheer for them until we clean everyone out, I mean everyone. All I want is Pegula and no one else below him, the rest should be on the street, start fresh. Until that happens I'm not paying money to watch them play, simple as that.

Worst part about Rex in Buffalo was that I THOUGHT he would destroy the AFC East with the talent the Bills had on defense, even if the offense didn't perform well. Yet that D actually declined under him. That's how I knew he was cooked as a coach.

Same here. I'm still kind of stunned he never did anything with that defense considering the amount of talent they had on that side of the ball when he arrived.

He came in at a bad time, guys got older, guys got paid and didn't care or had personal issues, and we had no safeties or LBs, killed him. Everyone thinks Rex is this big oaf, but his D is complex, these morons couldn't grasp it, or rather couldn't play in it, and his biggest weakness was not adjusting or rather over adjusting. We completely stopped blitzing this year after we got torched early in the year, then we stopped playing the run because we couldn't load up the box. Just a mess. Give credit to Pettine, he had similar issues early, and just started playing cover 4/2/and variations. Schwartz came in and ran the same stuff with even less blitzing.

Trey

My particular issue with the defense came from the secondary play. Everyone looked lost or out of position most of the time. Aaron Williams going down, leaving the likes of Corey white starting, didn't help. But damn.

LJ11

My particular issue with the defense came from the secondary play. Everyone looked lost or out of position most of the time. Aaron Williams going down, leaving the likes of Corey white starting, didn't help. But damn.

Yup, they couldn't communicate at all, they were fucking lost all the time, they had no idea who had who when they had to switch off in match zone, just a mess. Two straight years of this, you didn't see it as much the last half of the year because Rex stopped blitzing.

To be fair, when Schwartz first came in there was a bunch of miscommunication in the secondary but they cleaned it up by the 4th game. No excuse for the mess we had the last couple of years, it was pathetic.

squicken

Geez the Bills are a mess. I get firing Rex, and even covering their ass on Tyrod. but who needs to see more of EJ Manuel? I would guess they will fire Whaley after the draft

Yup, they couldn't communicate at all, they were fucking lost all the time, they had no idea who had who when they had to switch off in match zone, just a mess. Two straight years of this, you didn't see it as much the last half of the year because Rex stopped blitzing.

To be fair, when Schwartz first came in there was a bunch of miscommunication in the secondary but they cleaned it up by the 4th game. No excuse for the mess we had the last couple of years, it was pathetic.

Not to mentioned what he did to Steph. Yeah, he was never the most physical guy but you at least saw effort there.

He turned into a mewling coward once Rex showed up, dude has been terrified of contact all year and it's so bizarre.

When was the last game Tannehill threw for 4 TDs?
Jets are a dumpster fire, not a great backbone for your Matt Moore argument. If you're saying Tannehill isn't a top 10 QB in the NFL then... yeah? I mean, okay? Dolphins fans know this. He's shown a lot of progress under Gase, though.

It's hard to give up on a guy when he has the talent and physical skills Tannehill has. You can see a potential ceiling and you want to know if he can get there. As long as he's trending upward I'm on board, and my eyes tell me that's still the case.

By the way, he put the team on his back and won them a few games this year. Chargers and Rams come to mind among others. "Winning in spite of" is absolutely absurd and frankly makes me want to stop discussing this with you.

You guys are focusing on the QB thing too much.

Tyrod knows it's a business, the $30M guaranteed if he gets injured, and this is a chance for EJ to audition to be the back-up next year.

You learn nothing from watching Cardale Jones play a meaningless game against a shitty Jets team. This is just to protect Tyrod (who I 100% guarantee will be our QB next year, especially if we keep Lynn or hire Coughlin) and give EJ a chance to showcase himself.

Jets are a dumpster fire, not a great backbone for your Matt Moore argument. If you're saying Tannehill isn't a top 10 QB in the NFL then... yeah? I mean, okay? Dolphins fans know this. He's shown a lot of progress under Gase, though.

It's hard to give up on a guy when he has the talent and physical skills Tannehill has. You can see a potential ceiling and you want to know if he can get there. As long as he's trending upward I'm on board, and my eyes tell me that's still the case.

By the way, he put the team on his back and won them a few games this year. Chargers and Rams come to mind among others. "Winning in spite of" is absolutely absurd and frankly makes me want to stop discussing this with you.

And 9ers game,

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hackenberg must be a god awful QB... like he was in college. Amazing how he got every excuse in the world when he was at Penn State and they're suddenly good the day hes gone. Shocking really. Solid pick to take a guy who is a "developmental" QB, as in he can't actually play fucking football, in the 2nd round.

dionysus

Yaldog

The Saints D under Rob Ryan was the same. Busted coverages all the time and no one knowing their assignments.

Hackenberg must be a god awful QB... like he was in college. Amazing how he got every excuse in the world when he was at Penn State and they're suddenly good the day hes gone. Shocking really. Solid pick to take a guy who is a "developmental" QB, as in he can't actually play fucking football, in the 2nd round.

It's why I never put my heart into ragging on the 2nd round kicker. I knew in my heart, after years of seeing Hack play, the moment he was taken the real 2nd round bust was clear

If he starts anywhere in the league, the team he starts for is thinking about the following year and giving up on the present.

It's why I never put my heart into ragging on the 2nd round kicker. I knew in my heart, after years of seeing Hack play, the moment he was taken the real 2nd round bust was clear

If he starts anywhere in the league, the team he starts for is thinking about the following year and giving up on the present.

Dude looked lost against 4th stringers in the pre-season.

No chance.

Top Bottom