• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 17 |OT| Miami has the Dolphins...the Greatest football team...

At least one Bills beat writer saying sticking up for Tyrod was what made Rex's leash so low he couldn't even hang around till after the Week 17 game

Fucking figures that the only thing I ever agreed with Rex about, the only good thing his ass did post-Buttfumble, is probably why he'll finally be out of the league, at least in terms of head coaching.

Beefy

@Rapsheet
When some in upper management wanted to bench Tyrod Taylor, it was Rex Ryan who kept him on the field. GM Doug Whaley wants to see EJ Manuel

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least one Bills beat writer saying sticking up for Tyrod was what made Rex's leash so low he couldn't even hang around till after the Week 17 game

Fucking figures that the only thing I ever agreed with Rex about, the only good thing his ass did post-Buttfumble, is probably why he'll finally be out of the league, at least in terms of head coaching.

Tyrod deserves sticking up for. The other two really good skill players on offense were hurt a bunch this year and the offense was in almost every game.

Worst part about Rex in Buffalo was that I THOUGHT he would destroy the AFC East with the talent the Bills had on defense, even if the offense didn't perform well. Yet that D actually declined under him. That's how I knew he was cooked as a coach.
Yeah I was worried when the Bills hired him. Thought highly of Greg Roman as well plus I had a hunch Tyrod would work out. Funny how quickly things can fall apart.

I hope Tyrod gets out of Buffalo, I need him out of the division!

Browns...are doing it?
raw

bX7Eo.gif

@Rapsheet
When some in upper management wanted to bench Tyrod Taylor, it was Rex Ryan who kept him on the field. GM Doug Whaley wants to see EJ Manuel

I really hope for the Bills sake this isn't true. Taylor has his flaws but he's the best QB the Bills have had in ages. Unless they have a clearly better replacement (which they don't) he should be the starter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Other future, potential coaches see it as well as future free agent players see how the front office operates

I agree that it is classless and a dumb decision but that pretty much describes the Bills in the post Super Bowl run era.

@Rapsheet
Weird. EJ has looked terrible the little we have seen of him. I can't believe that anyone in the organization thinks he will actually be better then tyrod. Plus what kind of message would rex have sent if he benched tyrod while the team was still alive for the playoffs for a much worse qb. Bills need to get a new GM.

Thinking about it, if the Cowboys don't win the owl this year I ain't even mad. Got a great, young offense that we can keep for years, a certifiable star for qb, and we probably might draft a decent pass rush if we trade Tony for a 1st round pick.

We're set, boys.

This mindset is the only thing keeping me sane after the Carr injury. Going forward, the raiders will be the best in the AFC.

@JeffDuncan_
If Reggie Bush fails to rush for 3 yards vs. NYJ, he’ll become 1st NFL RB to finish a season with negative rushing yardage with 10+ carries.

Also Rapoport saying this game will be used to evaluate EJ for next year too. Strong possibility every QB who started a game for the Bills this season gets fired after it

cdyhybrid

Seahawks are not doing it.

However, the Huskies ARE doing it!

Weird. EJ has looked terrible the little we have seen of him. I can't believe that anyone in the organization thinks he will actually be better then tyrod. Plus what kind of message would rex have sent if he benched tyrod while the team was still alive for the playoffs for a much worse qb. Bills need to get a new GM.

Yeah, this seems like a huge waste of time. We've seen plenty of EJ already.

Did Whaley draft EJ? Wondering if he's desperately holding onto hope that the pick can be salvaged and not be a complete waste.

MechDX

Seahawks are not doing it.

However, the Huskies ARE doing it!

Texans 2017 opponents:
HOME: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, AFC West Champion (Kansas City Chiefs or Oakland Raiders).

AWAY: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots.

I should do it!

So they benched him so he doesn't get injured so they don't have to pay out his salary next year and will probably let a decent QB go.

Texans 2017 opponents:

I should do it!

You should come down for LA Game, we'll skip the game and just go out instead, it'll be more fun than watching the Rams.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
@JeffDuncan_
If Reggie Bush fails to rush for 3 yards vs. NYJ, he’ll become 1st NFL RB to finish a season with negative rushing yardage with 10+ carries.

Also Rapoport saying this game will be used to evaluate EJ for next year too. Strong possibility every QB who started a game for the Bills this season gets fired after it

EJ isn't good but he's definitely low end backup material at worst. But the Bills want to get rid of both of their QBs for what exactly? To get into the same market as teams much worse than you for the scraps?

So they benched him so he doesn't get injured so they don't have to pay out his salary next year and will probably let a decent QB go.
But you see the GM didn't draft him so he doesn't get any credit if he is good. It is way more important to stroke your ego then to build a good team.

FUCK YOU BUFFALO FOR DISRESEPCTING MY BOY

Denver is calling, TyGOAT.

By the way I watched EJ play a ton at FSU and always thought he was shit. Figures the dumbfuck Bills would disagree.

But you see the GM didn't draft him so he doesn't get any credit if he is good. It is way more important to stroke your ego then to build a good team.

Yup, which is why when someone asked me why I wanted Rex fired if it would mean Buffalo might be good...I said that Buffalo would still be terrible without Rex and this is why.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Teams where I'd rather have Tyrod than their current starting QB.

BILLS
JETS
RAVENS
DOLPHINS (Moore in this case, Tannethrill is my boi)
BROWNS
TEXANS
BRONCOS
RAIDERS
JAGUARS
TITANS (Again injury related)
RAMS
VIKINGS
49ERS

Tyrod deserves sticking up for. The other two really good skill players on offense were hurt a bunch this year and the offense was in almost every game.

That Oakland game though... sure, blame the defense a bunch but dammit, all the Bills had to do there was a get a first down or 2 to just eat some clock and they went 3 and out like 3 times in a row, forcing the D back on the field when they were clearly gassed.

I'm fine with them benching Tyrod for this meaningless game, given what happened to Mariota and Carr last week. Keep Tyrod healthy so whatever new coach you bring in can make the decision on whether you want Tyrod back and not be forced to keep him due to injury.

I'd be fine with the Bills keeping Tyrod and still drafting a QB within the first 4 rounds or so. Tyrod is as good as they've had in a long time but for every nice play he makes, he is still pretty inaccurate, rarely throws over the middle, is late on a ton of throws and just doesn't see the field very well. Even this past week, Clay and Watkins bailed him out a bunch of times with some great catches on what should have been pretty routine throws you want out of your franchise QB.

I just don't know what the Bills are expecting if they do get rid of Tyrod. Trade for Romo? There really aren't any great free agents out there and even if they sold out to get a higher draft pick for a QB, I don't think there are any really worthwhile QB prospects in this draft that merit a high pick.

Trey

Tyrod played the best game of his pro career to stay alive in the playoffs, and the defense let him down. Keeping Tyrod the starter is the best thing Rex has done in his tenure.

I really think I'm going to Pittsburgh (or Houston) for the Dolphins game....I know we probably aren't winning against Pitts but I still really want to go. Houston would be a closer game (and cheaper)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really think I'm going to Pittsburgh (or Houston) for the Dolphins game....I know we probably aren't winning against Pitts but I still really want to go. Houston would be a closer game (and cheaper)

You were clowning the Stealers even when Ben was healthy in that game. Houston actually matches up better against Miami in some ways.

Bengals seems like a great HC spot. They already have a franchise QB and super talented team. Owner has lots of patience with coaches.

Top Bottom