• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 17 |OT| Miami has the Dolphins...the Greatest football team...

I would assume that they want to get started at talking to coaches, specifically Tom Coughlin.
O heard a bills beat reporter on the radio the other day who said TC is number one on their list. I wish the eagles had gotten him instead of Doug, to bad no one who is any good is willing to work under Howie.

Worst part about Rex in Buffalo was that I THOUGHT he would destroy the AFC East with the talent the Bills had on defense, even if the offense didn't perform well. Yet that D actually declined under him. That's how I knew he was cooked as a coach.

BigAT

Worst part about Rex in Buffalo was that I THOUGHT he would destroy the AFC East with the talent the Bills had on defense, even if the offense didn't perform well. Yet that D actually declined under him. That's how I knew he was cooked as a coach.

Same here. I'm still kind of stunned he never did anything with that defense considering the amount of talent they had on that side of the ball when he arrived.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still don't like this thread but after sleeping on it I will support my friends Trejo and TDR for this a playoff birth.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yup, and he can bring Ed Reed back too.

Rob just sucks, leave him.

I honestly think these two posts are related. I think Rex let Rob do all the work on defense while he focused on the offense.

OnPoint

He decided that a well-oiled machine running a solid scheme should instead be square-peg//round-holed into whatever hairbrained ideas he had about how it SHOULD be running.

He sucks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think I'm ready to consider the Ryan brothers hacks these days.

They never achieved their dad's level of success and I wouldn't want them coaching on my team.

I don't think it takes huge brass balls to say this either....it's probably popular opinion now!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Come back rex

Bowles is a good coach. The Jets even with Decker healthy might be even worse talent wise than the 49ers and Browns. They are old, and their cant miss defensive picks from two seasons ago haven't shined. They've also the worst QB situation in the league. Whiny and disinterested Fitzpatrick with no one he can force it to is by far their best option. Geno can barely play and the other two are horrendous, with the one they refuse to play being at least as bad as Goff.

OnPoint

I think I'm ready to consider the Ryan brothers hacks these days.

They never achieved their dad's level of success and I wouldn't want them coaching on my team.

I don't think it takes huge brass balls to say this either....it's probably popular opinion now!

The greater Buffalo area would agree with you.

Thank goodness Rex is gone. His whole shtick was his defense and his promise of making an already really good defense great. And all he did was make them progressively worse, even if they had some injuries.

I think he's basically a pretty good coordinator just not a good HC. All season the Bills have had issues getting plays communicated to players and the whole debacle of having only 10 guys on the field in OT on the big Ajayi run is just emblematic of that. Last game was just the last straw I think- you had Tyrod and the offense actually moving the ball, doing well and putting the team in a position to win and it was Ryan's vaunted defense that completely shit the bed, coupled with his bone headed coaching decisions, like punting with 4 minutes left in OT in a game where your defense has been terrible and a tie eliminates you from playoff contention just as much as a loss.

Curious to see if they opt to just keep Anthony Lynn and Tyrod now or if they just clean house altogether.

effzee

Jets fans think he was an amazing coach and all the fault was with the GM Tannenbaum for ruining a roster.

In reality Rex has never been a good coach and the reason fans like him is because just like his dad, he talks and acts like a fan so they get hyped.

Fox318

Rex was a great coach who had a shit owner and a shit gm.

He got the jets to back to back afc titles using a qb so bad that it isn't even funny how bad he is.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Thinking about it, if the Cowboys don't win the owl this year I ain't even mad. Got a great, young offense that we can keep for years, a certifiable star for qb, and we probably might draft a decent pass rush if we trade Tony for a 1st round pick.

We're set, boys.

I still don't like this thread but after sleeping on it I will support my friends Trejo and TDR for this a playoff birth.

Great thread Chris. Funny that he bills fired rex with one game to go. He must have refused to go to the team Christmas party.

Thanks friends! We are doing this together :D

I'm at the gym and a girl is wearing a wool infinity scarf on the elpiticle.

Only the scarf....?

EJ Manuel starting against NYJ Sunday

Basically a business decision, I guess. I think Tyrod's contract is such that if he gets hurt before the Bills have to make a decision on his option, they'd be on the hook for a good amount of money, even if they didn't pick up his option.

Game won't matter but I'd almost rather see Cardale for the hell of it since EJ will be a free agent and won't be in Buffalo next year anyway and you know what you've got with him anyway.

MechDX

EJ Manuel starting against NYJ Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1361066307279340

Adam Schefter
3 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·
‪Bills are planning to bench QB Tyrod Taylor vs Jets on Sunday to start EJ Manuel, per league sources. This is a business decision so the Bills are not at risk for the $30.75 million left on his contract that would become guaranteed if Taylor suffered a significant injury. A week after the Titans lost Marcus Mariota and the Raiders lost Derek Carr, the Bills are not planning to take any chances with Taylor; thus EJ Manuel is now expected to start the regular-season finale against the Jets.

KingBroly

Banned
Thinking about it, if the Cowboys don't win the owl this year I ain't even mad. Got a great, young offense that we can keep for years, a certifiable star for qb, and we probably might draft a decent pass rush if we trade Tony for a 1st round pick.

We're set, boys.

Romo's injury prone and he's got 2 years AT BEST left. You won't get a 1st rounder for a backup QB who's on his way out.

But you're just going to lose to the Giants again, anyway.

I honestly think these two posts are related. I think Rex let Rob do all the work on defense while he focused on the offense.

Rob only got there the second year though. Remember the end of the first year when defensive players openly complained that Ryan was fucking up their defense?

Most of the complaints came from Mario Williams so I knew they would be ignored but that D line was absolutely ferocious before Rex got there.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Romo's injury prone and he's got 2 years AT BEST left. You won't get a 1st rounder for a backup QB who's on his way out.

But you're just going to lose to the Giants again, anyway.
You must not be paying attention to the NFL. I guarantee you there are at least 3 teams dumb enough to trade a first rounder for Romo.

TYROD COME HOME!!! I NEVER STOPPED CARING!!!

ZYwsct5.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've seen almost every Bills game that Tyrod has played. He's a good QB. I hope he goes somewhere he'll be appreciated. The offense kept them in almost every game this season.

MechDX

You must not be paying attention to the NFL. I guarantee you there are at least 3 teams dumb enough to trade a first rounder for Romo.

No one is giving a 1st for Romo. Teams know Dallas will have to do something because of his contract. He will more than likely be released or Dallas can get a lower round pick with Dallas redoing his deal and eating quite a bit of that cap hit

KingBroly

Banned

I know the Vikings gave the house for Bradford.

But he's healthy and young. Romo is old and broken. Conditional 4th rounder (up to a 3rd) at best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No one is giving a 1st for Romo. Teams know Dallas will have to do something because of his contract. He will more than likely be released or Dallas can get a lower round pick with Dallas redoing his deal and eating quite a bit of that cap hit

Jets would be dumb enough to give a first and a second for Romo.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They're not going to trade Romo. He's 36, fragile and on a hefty contract. Jerry will give him the dignity to let the guy pick his own team (with a handshake agreement to not go to Washington or whatever).

Just because one team was dumb enough to trade for Sam Bradford (yet again) doesn't mean that the market for any halfway decent QB is a 1st rd pick.

Also the Browns are in a better spot than anyone else picking in the top 10 this year

MechDX

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 24m24 minutes ago
Many players found out Rex has been fired same way the rest of us did: Bills’ announcement on Twitter.

It’s a whole new world out there.

Aint that some shit. Similar to how Bradley was fired in Jacksonville.

Shitty organizations remain shitty for a reason

Bronx-Man

Banned

I know the Vikings gave the house for Bradford.

But he's healthy and young. Romo is old and broken. Conditional 4th rounder (up to a 3rd) at best.
That does not matter.

Teams will give up big shit for Romo. Cleveland, LA, and the Jets would give it up. Y'know why?

Because these are all dummy dumb dumb franchises that will do anything, no matter how boneheaded, to give off the impression that they're revelant and have a fighting chance. They don't give a fuck about his age or his contract, they see his stats and they convince themselves he's all they need to get ahead.

Top Bottom