• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Sephzilla

That Green Bay vs Atlanta game is probably going to have 100+ combined points scored. If Atlanta was smart they'd pass the ball until Ryan's arm fell off, because Green Bay's secondary is devastated. And McCarthy will then
hopefully
be forced to abandon the run game and let Rodgers sling it around just to stay in the game.

Line_HTX

Week 8 schedule

ZIHGF1e.png

Farooq

Banned
Oh yeah I haven't watched Tyrod play that much but he could count. That was a very low key signing. I was more thinking the guys like Palmer getting huge contracts. They just never seem to live up to how much money they make.

I get what you are saying. That is why I brought up Tyrod, Bills got tremendous value when they signed him.

Changing the subject back to my original point about building complete teams, In the case for the Cowboys Romo has 19.6 million left in guaranteed signing bonus, it would make sense to hold onto Romo for 2017 imo.

14m for Romo as back up/starter in 2017 vs 5.1m savings in cap space. Unless a team comes calling with multiple picks, the security of Romo should outweigh 5.1m in cap space.

In 2018, best case scenario Romo retires (
after winning the SB in 2017
) and we only have 8.9m of his bonus to pay. Two years to do something with Dak's minimal cap hit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Monday night and Thursday night have horrible matchups.

Sunday has some potentially interesting ones:

Sea@NO feels like a loss for Seattle

NE@Buf feels like a "Super Bowl" win for the Bills

Ari@Car might be decent

GB@Atl eh... Depends if Rodgers is better. Otherwise it'll be like 45-14

SD@Den here's one that would've been better for Thursday or Monday... SD has been playing everyone close this year. Their combined losses are only 14 points total! They're my dark horse to make a run this year.

Philly@Dallas Dak vs. Wentz. NBC has to be breathing a sigh of relief to have this game.

Literally any of these matchups are better than Ten-Jax or Min-Chi. The primetime schedule this year has been fucked.

edit: I'd also rather watch Det@Hou or KC@Indy

Feels good to be a Dolphins fan
Maybe it's just the fresh new coach thing but I love listening to Gase talk. His approach is what I'm looking for from a HC. I just hope the front office can keep supplying him with quality players.

The optimistic part of me (keep in mind this is like infinitesimally small) says Tannehill is still learning how to operate in this new offense and he will continue to improve. During this nice two game stretch he's been above average at times but hasn't been consistently great. I'm always hoping the ceiling is a little higher.

Greg

Maybe it's just the fresh new coach thing but I love listening to Gase talk. His approach is what I'm looking for from a HC. I just hope the front office can keep supplying him with quality players.

The optimistic part of me (keep in mind this is like infinitesimally small) says Tannehill is still learning how to operate in this new offense and he will continue to improve. During this nice two game stretch he's been above average at times but hasn't been consistently great. I'm always hoping the ceiling is a little higher.
I laughed

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Dan Quinn is gonna ask the league why Julio never gets the fucking call.

AJC

“He’s a big, physical player and there is a lot of contact that happens near him,” Quinn said Monday. “But as far as why on certain ones (there is no call), that will be something I will discuss with the league. I don’t have an answer for why there is not more fouls.”

Great stats squick, it was only missing that bradford was hit 19 times. I haven't seen a qb get beat up like that since the game where buddy Ryan tried to hurt Joe Montana.

I'm going to the Broncos game this week. It will save me from having to watch Redzone for the other garbage teams in this league.

I thought we were friends :(

I agree and now with a run game and with all the starters on oline playing hopefully we get to see more improvement. Tannehill was average last week but since we won nobody has said a word...funny how that works.

Here is a breakdown of the game and he goes more in depth on what Tannehill is being asked to do and how his work load will increase now that we have a functioning line.

https://thedeependmiami.com/2016/10/25/dolphins-dichotomy-film-review-of-the-best-worst-plays-from-bills-vs-dolphins/

Edit: and I agree on Gase...I can watch him talk about anything...unlike our last two head coaches...

ESPN is really focusing on the Cleve..... hmmm surprisingly I feel like this is a disturbance of the force 🤔 I think we might be in the wrong timeline friends

I thought we were friends :(

I agree and now with a run game and with all the starters on oline playing hopefully we get to see more improvement. Tannehill was average last week but since we won nobody has said a word...funny how that works.

Here is a breakdown of the game and he goes more in depth on what Tannehill is being asked to do and how his work load will increase now that we have a functioning line.

https://thedeependmiami.com/2016/10/25/dolphins-dichotomy-film-review-of-the-best-worst-plays-from-bills-vs-dolphins/

Edit: and I agree on Gase...I can watch him talk about anything...unlike our last two head coaches...
Good stuff.

Ricky Williams Jr.?

q4-ajayi-run-amazing-angle-2-not-great-blocking-just-great-by-jay.gif

q2-ajayi-run-powers-through-for-first.gif

Top Bottom