• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

squicken

Putting this on the new page. One of the coolest things I have read in awhile
--
Really fascinating look at injuries and positional value.

The Injuries Shaping the NFL Season

“We wanted to know: What happens when all of the sudden a team unexpectedly loses a player?” said Joshua Price, assistant professor of economics and finance at Southern Utah. “How is a team affected by losing that starter?”

The most important position was not a shock: The researchers found that if a team loses its starting quarterback over four games, it will, on average, manage 1.3 fewer wins in that span. (Say, didn’t the Patriots drop a game without Tom Brady in the first four weeks?)

They also found that wide receivers, tight ends, and exterior offensive linemen were all on the second tier of importance, with each starter costing his team about half a win over a four-game absence. Then there was a surprise, though: “There was a tie for last place,” where injuries caused noticeably less harm to a team, Price said. The first spot was running back, which has been borne out anecdotally this season: Look at how the Vikings and Bucs are performing without Adrian Peterson and Doug Martin, respectively. The next was interior offensive linemen. And then, incredibly, “every defensive position,” Price said. “That surprised us.”

So if your team is going to take injuries, hope to take them on defense

Putting this on the new page. One of the coolest things I have read in awhile
--
Really fascinating look at injuries and positional value.

The Injuries Shaping the NFL Season

So if your team is going to take injuries, hope to take them on defense

Our defense already sucks without the injuries and we saw weeks 1-5 what Miami looks like with Oline injuries.

Might want to marry her, Chris. She sounds smart.

Whoa...she's still at the lady friend stage, marriage is a long way off.

MechDX

Grain of salt time but the info is from the same guy who talked about Andre Johnson leaving right before he did so.....

There is some dissension in the Texans locker room wanting Oz pulled for Savage including Hopkins. Some players wanting Savage from the start because they felt he out played Brock in preseason.

Still dont see it actually happening

squicken

I be pissed off too if I was Hopkins. Stats are horrible.

Throws to Hopkins are horrible! Brock can't complete 5 yard passes. Savage has accuracy issues, but nothing like this. Still, HOU losses are against 3 very good teams. Probably not time to press the panic button

MechDX

CvoWC-HWcAA1Hyc.jpg:large

Arian was so good when he was healthy. That long striding motion with cuts that would just break ankles.

Arian was so good when he was healthy. That long striding motion with cuts that would just break ankles.
He was a beast but I'm glad he called it quits. Every snap he played for the Dolphins was a waste. He had a drop that was so egregious on Sunday that I wanted him cut.

That said, tons of respect for the guy and the awesome career he had.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1/3rd of the league is bad. Another 3rd is uninteresting. So unless it's your team playing a lot of the games will put you to sleep.

Line and sf2Fanatic have sexual tension that is off the charts. Never seen anything like it except for
me and Bread, me and rando, me and kave, me and Sweeney bae, me and Floy? No that last one for sure isn't right

Bread

Banned
Line and sf2Fanatic have sexual tension that is off the charts. Never seen anything like it except for
me and Bread, me and rando, me and kave, me and Sweeney bae, me and Floy? No that last one for sure isn't right
you must have meant lyle, not floy.

you couldn't possibly have meant floy

this_guy

Grain of salt time but the info is from the same guy who talked about Andre Johnson leaving right before he did so.....

There is some dissension in the Texans locker room wanting Oz pulled for Savage including Hopkins. Some players wanting Savage from the start because they felt he out played Brock in preseason.

Still dont see it actually happening

It needs to be done but won't happen because that's admitting they made a $72 million mistake (they can cut him after year 2 and not lose as much but it's still admitting a mistake). All Brock does is throw 4 yard passes as hard as he can like Mallet used to. He's too antsy in the pocket and when there is someone open for a decent gain he's overly excited and misses those too (Ryan Griffin was wide open with lots of running room on a pass he just completely missed).

j-wood

I think the NFL problem with ratings is fucking games on too many nights.

We all love football yes. That doesn't mean I want to watch football every single night of the week, there are other shows I want to watch.

I mean look, we have Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night for NFL.

College has Friday night, Saturday night.

That leaves two nights a week without football on. NFL didn't think they could over saturate the market and that's exactly what I think they've done.

Top Bottom