• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Good stuff.

Ricky Williams Jr.?

q4-ajayi-run-amazing-angle-2-not-great-blocking-just-great-by-jay.gif

q2-ajayi-run-powers-through-for-first.gif

I didn't want to say it...but yes :D I love the way he's running. I'm not delusional in thinking we have a chance at the playoffs or even a winning record I just really want this offense to stay healthy so we can see what they can do and so they grow together to get ready for next year.

Friends don't let friends become optimistic about the Dolphins, friend.

At least let me enjoy the bye week :(

Bread

Banned
it's nice to see dolphins fans happy again, even if its only for another week or so before the team implodes again.

Line_HTX

One more year man. At least his replacement is good.

I'm just tired of watching him making tackles way downfield and not crowding the scrimmage anymore. It's gotten really frustrating because it feels like he's just running there just to fill a spot. He's no longer making any banging plays.

RBH

*checks last week's thread to see GAF's reaction to the end of the Falcons/Chargers game*

So you gonna set your nuts on fire now, or later RBH

RBH burning his crotch right now

*waves at RBH*

edb5e73cb009f22e6eb2fe454816e524.gif

*sneaks up on RBH*
iUENOdt.gif

Remember last year when the Falcons started the year like 6-1

All this has happened before and will happen again

Invest in more lighters, RBH. They're needed

zlIFqH0.gif

<3

Two weeks! Bye, baby! Loss to the Jets will be crushing but it wouldn't be a Dolphins season without some false hope being destroyed.

For this week friend, we are winners! Let's not worry about that inevitable collapse until it happens.

it's nice to see dolphins fans happy again, even if its only for another week or so before the team implodes again.

I'm going to be so happy when they stomp your chargers!! And I'll be there in person!

Bread

Banned
For this week friend, we are winners! Let's not worry about that inevitable collapse until it happens.

I'm going to be so happy when they stomp your chargers!! And I'll be there in person!
can't believe you didn't buy me a ticket. this betrayal will not be forgotten

On the first day of the NBA season I am reminded that Warriors fans are the worst.

My Pats fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> warriors fans

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's ... pretty bad

Yikes

I think it's time to go to Tom Savage at this point. Good on Houston for trying to bring in a quarterback to complement their good defense but it didn't pan out.

Can you imagine if this team had prime Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson back and a healthy JJ Watt?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I knew it as the season started but the Vikings are overrated and you get the sense some sort of implosion is coming.

Say what you want about Jim Caldwell but I doubt he would call out his offensive line and call them soft.

That combined with the stuffed animal massacre, tells me a lot about Mike Zimmer and how he thinks. He seems like the type of coach who will panic at any sign of doubt.

And with Sam Bradford as your Quarterback you probably shouldn't get comfortable. The Sam Bradford MVP talk from Weeks 3 to Weeks 4 was always laughable.

Sam Bradford is who we thought he was. A below average QB who turns the ball over. Combine that with what appears to be a weak offensive line and the Lions have the chance to gun for the NFC North title.

The Vikings defense is solid af though, I'll give them that. You can only go so far with Sam Bradford though.

MechDX

Yikes

I think it's time to go to Tom Savage at this point. Good on Houston for trying to bring in a quarterback to complement their good defense but it didn't pan out.

Can you imagine if this team had prime Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson back and a healthy JJ Watt?

Wont make the move to Savage. Just wont

Line_HTX

Can't say they didn't at least try to find somebody. No progress and didn't pan out, but again, there was no one else available.

MechDX

At some point they will have to. Can't continue to get the worst qb play in the league every week. They will lose the rest of the team.

Lol

Nope and no one will get fired. Its just McNairs M.O.

Capers was terrible and got 5 years
Kubiak was sub .500 and got 8

After the QB flip flopping last season they wont make a change

squicken

I knew it as the season started but the Vikings are overrated and you get the sense some sort of implosion is coming..

Unless defensive players start getting hurt, they will be fine. Offensive line is a big issue but Philly has a very good defense that forced TOs. That was Bradford's biggest mistake. He has to know how good that defense is and just eat the ball. Be willing to try and win 9-6 games and not turn the ball over

Lions aren't even going to make the playoffs b/c of their defense. Stafford is very good, though

Slo

I knew it as the season started but the Vikings are overrated and you get the sense some sort of implosion is coming.

Say what you want about Jim Caldwell but I doubt he would call out his offensive line and call them soft.

That combined with the stuffed animal massacre, tells me a lot about Mike Zimmer and how he thinks. He seems like the type of coach who will panic at any sign of doubt.

And with Sam Bradford as your Quarterback you probably shouldn't get comfortable. The Sam Bradford MVP talk from Weeks 3 to Weeks 4 was always laughable.

Sam Bradford is who we thought he was. A below average QB who turns the ball over. Combine that with what appears to be a weak offensive line and the Lions have the chance to gun for the NFC North title.

The Vikings defense is solid af though, I'll give them that. You can only go so far with Sam Bradford though.

I don't disagree with you about the Vikes being overrated, and an incoming collapse is debatable, SammyB being SammyB is spot on, but I completely disagree with you about Zimmer being a panicker.

That part couldn't be more wrong.

I don't get how you pin that loss on Bradford at all when the dude was sacked 6 times and hit 19 times. He barely had a chance to set his feet in that game.
Guys where coming off the edge unblocked all game long. No offense could possibly function like that. Schwartz hardly blitzed all year and you could see that the vikes were not expecting it.

Duxxy3

Bob sucks. Under utilizes Miller in the running and passing game. He needs to smarten up like Gase did.

I remember this part from last nights game - Miller was averaging 12 carries a game in Miami. 20 a game in Houston.

That said, I agree. Miller is phenomenal. He needs to be used more often.

I simultaneously like and dislike that Carson Wentz was credited with two tackles yesterday. He got an assist on his first interception, and he got a solo tackle on the fumbled handoff to Sproles. It's likely he saved a touchdown on both.

Hindl

Guys where coming off the edge unblocked all game long. No offense could possibly function like that. Schwartz hardly blitzed all year and you could see that the vikes were not expecting it.

Gotta give credit to Schwartz. The man hates blitzing but when it wasn't working he was willing to adapt and bring the pressure when necessary. I Also thought it was funny, there were a few times that game where he rushed 4 but had Bradham come in while dropping Cox into coverage

Spinluck

It's Time to Recognize Greatness of Luck, Stafford (via [url]http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2671464-simms-in-60-its-time-to-recognize-greatness-of-andrew-luck-matthew-stafford?utm_source=teamstream&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tsandroid[/url]

Kas we made it friend!

Gotta give credit to Schwartz. The man hates blitzing but when it wasn't working he was willing to adapt and bring the pressure when necessary. I Also thought it was funny, there were a few times that game where he rushed 4 but had Bradham come in while dropping Cox into coverage
Yeah he did an amazing job, vikes game plan was also terrible though. Having Sam come out and throw deep was insanity. Also several plays the eagles had a db at the end of the line and the vikes never changed the protection. Just dumb football by them.

Top Bottom