• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 55s56 seconds ago
Jim Harbaugh as the NFL's 5th best all time winning % as a head coach.

Im sorry FMT.

If I was an owner of a struggling NFL team I would be offering Harbaugh crazy ass money to leave Michigan

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Im sorry FMT.

If I was an owner of a struggling NFL team I would be offering Harbaugh crazy ass money to leave Michigan

Green Bay should just park the Brinks truck outside of his house.

It'd easily be the most attractive position in the NFL if Mike McCarthy got fired.

This is a great video.

The video is about Darrelle Revis and how he recently admitted he lost a step. The great part is that Deion Sanders, Ike Taylor, and Ladanian Tomlinson also talk about when they knew they lost it (Deion doesn't say he's finished like the other two, but admits he lost a step - his explanation of his video is hilarious).

Line_HTX

This is a great video.

The video is about Darrelle Revis and how he recently admitted he lost a step. The great part is that Deion Sanders, Ike Taylor, and Ladanian Tomlinson also talk about when they knew they lost it (Deion doesn't say he's finished like the other two, but admits he lost a step - his explanation of his video is hilarious).

I was actually wondering where Ike Taylor was that game. It looked like something was definitely off when targeted.

I was actually wondering where Ike Taylor was that game. It looked like something was definitely off when targeted.

Yeah when he was telling the story I was thinking "yep, that's exactly what happened." Ike pulled himself.

Revis will never be the same. He's like Troy Polamalu - his true talent came with his instincts. Problem is when you lose the speed all the instincts in the world don't mean shit.

Man was it heartbreaking to see Troy 3 steps behind the play every game.

So I bought an Xbox One S last night. Updated it, got some games downloaded and started watching some Netflix 4K/HDR content. After about an hour, the fan starts spinning really loudly. I hear a whirring and clicking sound coming through and then eventually a high pitched squeak.

I turn the unit off and boot it back. System error. It won't boot. After 2-3 more tries, it finally boots up. I go ahead and reset it back to defaults to test. System Error. It didn't boot the rest of the night.

*sigh*

This is after I had a buddy of mine order me a unit from Microsoft (since he works for them and I got a discount), only for the order to be delivered to the wrong house and lost. My friend ended up getting refunded but its what pushed me to get the unit at the store to begin with.

In the end, I had to pack it up and exchange it this morning. New unit is operating without an issue thus far. *crosses fingers*

cdyhybrid

So I bought an Xbox One S last night. Updated it, got some games downloaded and started watching some Netflix 4K/HDR content. After about an hour, the fan starts spinning really loudly. I hear a whirring and clicking sound coming through and then eventually a high pitched squeak.

I turn the unit off and boot it back. System error. It won't boot. After 2-3 more tries, it finally boots up. I go ahead and reset it back to defaults to test. System Error. It didn't boot the rest of the night.

*sigh*

This is after I had a buddy of mine order me a unit from Microsoft (since he works for them and I got a discount), only for the order to be delivered to the wrong house and lost. My friend ended up getting refunded but its what pushed me to get the unit at the store to begin with.

In the end, I had to pack it up and exchange it this morning. New units is operating without an issue thus far. *crosses fingers*
#Pray4YH

BigAT

*sigh*

In the end, I had to pack it up and exchange it this morning. New units is operating without an issue thus far. *crosses fingers*

Howie must have gotten into your XBOX S with his scheming claws and sabotaged your hardware because Vegas had a lot of money on Microsoft and Chip Kelly also for some reason too maybe I don't know probably

If the Supreme Court is the ultimate prize, winning the Senate is going to be more important anyway.

The Republicans are already signaling that they'll stonewall a 9th judge indefinitely.

They will probably lose control of the Senate though. Obama's nominee will get approved by a lame duck Senate faster than you can say "fuck truck".

TheFatOne

this election giving me the bubble guts.

Not sure why. This shit is over. Only real question is whether Democrats take the senate/house back.
They will probably lose control of the Senate though. Obama's nominee will get approved by a lame duck Senate faster than you can say "fuck truck".

Senate looks good right now for the Dems though. House is always a dream. Getting control of the senate is a very realistic possibility right now.

Got a bonus at work so I just ordered $20 worth of shake shack as a reward. Haven't had it in a few years. Most expensive burger they have with fries and milk shake

If the Supreme Court is the ultimate prize, winning the Senate is going to be more important anyway.

The Republicans are already signaling that they'll stonewall a 9th judge indefinitely.
Good luck with that shit for 4 years. There will be cracks so deep in the Republican party about that decision that it won't last. We're already seeing it with several top Republicans signaling that they will evaluate whomever is nominated post election. Cruz and his freedom caucus will eventually eat shit and have to live with it. Just like his attempted closing of the Government a few years ago.

Good luck with that shit for 4 years. There will be cracks so deep in the Republican party about that decision that it won't last. We're already seeing it with several top Republicans signaling that they will evaluate whomever is nominated post election. Cruz and his freedom caucus will eventually eat shit and have to live with it. Just like his attempted closing of the Government a few years ago.
The lame duck congress will ok Obama's guy once the election results are in and it's clear the senate will flip. Mark it down.

TheFatOne

The lame duck congress will ok Obama's guy once the election results are in and it's clear the senate will flip. Mark it down.

Not if we live in the universe I suspect we live in. Obama will take back his nomination to allow Clinton to pick a new SC justice. She will then pick Obama, and watch as the GOP erupts into a civil war.

Edit: It goes without saying that in this universe the Patriots beat the Cowboys in the super bowl.

Not sure why. This shit is over. Only real question is whether Democrats take the senate/house back.

Senate looks good right now for the Dems though. House is always a dream. Getting control of the senate is a very realistic possibility right now.

Senate's looking likely, House is no longer out of the question. Trump's doing enough damage to the party by making it look like they're against him that a majority of his voters might not even vote for the rest of the ticket

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Seriously you'd have to shoot me if I had to sit through and listen to a show like Mike & Mike everyday.

Edit: Bomani is pretty good too as is some of the specialty sat radio sports shows.

Not if we live in the universe I suspect we live in. Obama will take back his nomination to allow Clinton to pick a new SC justice. She will then pick Obama, and watch as the GOP erupts into a civil war.

Edit: It goes without saying that in this universe the Patriots beat the Cowboys in the super bowl.

Your edit can't actually happen with Clinton winning the election. Any universe where the Pats win the Super Bowl is a timeline where Trump wins the election.

Slo

Seriously you'd have to shoot me if I had to sit through and listen to a show like Mike & Mike everyday.

Edit: Bomani is pretty good too as is some of the specialty sat radio sports shows.

I like Bomani a lot. I only watch him on HQ, but I find that he's usually got a take that's slightly adjacent to the most obvious one. Entertaining.

*sigh*

In the end, I had to pack it up and exchange it this morning. New unit is operating without an issue thus far. *crosses fingers*

Sometimes you get a dud, I made the switch to PC gamer year before X360 release, never experienced MS faulty 360, but back in the days of PS2 that system was a pile of shit, launch day system dead in the box lol, got a new one, 1 month later DVD drive dead, got a replacement it worked until the warranty then DVD drive died again, I went through 6 PS2 in it's lifetime, while many neogaf calls it the king of systems, I see it as a pile of shit that gave me headaches, my launch day GC still works TODAY..if you get another broken one it's not a dud just a pile of shit..

Tom Penny

Skip Bayless was the best. All these other guys are biased and lack sports knowledge.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Skip Bayless was the best. All these other guys are biased and lack sports knowledge.

Ugh I hate the whole first take hot take thing sooo much.

I hate that and vanilla Mike & Mike.

Give me either a show that is fun and pokes fun of sports like Leb's show, a show that tries to tackle broader issues sometimes like Bomani, or give me a show that's usually sport specific with really knowledgeable people giving me actual stats, info, and insight that isn't just surface level prognostication like 90% of ESPN.

BigAT

Goodell's NFL:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoSNY
Giants DE Owa Odighizuwa was fined $12,154 for pretending to take a picture of S Landon Collins after his pick-6 on Sunday. ... Yes, really.

10 years ago Mike and Mike were good, but now they have bigger sponsors they have transformed into the same monotone cunts day after day, if you told me they were robots i would believe you..

Goodell's NFL:

Giants DE Owa Odighizuwa was fined $12,154 for pretending to take a picture of S Landon Collins after his pick-6 on Sunday. ... Yes, really.

hahahahahaha No Fun League indeed

Slo

Goodell's NFL:

Imagine what would have happened if ACTUALLY took a picture.

Top Bottom