• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach

NFL Films youtube uploaded a video called Top 10 Things To Love About Tim Tebow to celebrate his birthday

it's fucking 34 minutes long
What's the problem?

That overtime TD to beat the Steelers is probably a top 5 NFL GAF moment of all time.

Bless you, Tebow

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
DHOCfb1UwAA5b8t.jpg

WYTS Cards http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-arizona-cardinals-1797815626

They did this thing on the NFL network with Larry Fitzgerald where they asked him if he could name every quarterback he caught a touchdown pass from, and it led to one of the most depressing lists of quarterbacks you’ll see outside of Cleveland. Carson Palmer is literally the second best quarterback I’ve ever rooted for, and he’s had more massively traumatic knee injuries (at least 2) than playoff wins (1) in his career.
mf0njhaffn0vwdmjtkvo.png

K-Gun

Hello friends. Was at a music festival all weekend with no phone so I'm just catching up on the news. Looks like the Eagles were active

Bummer about JMatt getting traded, he was a good teammate and a good guy but the writing was on the wall. He has inflated stats and would've demanded more money than the Eagles could've paid. He's also pretty much the definition of average WR. He's got the stats, but he's still not broken 1,000 yards and averages about 11 ypc. Darby was an excellent corner his rookie year, but took a step back last year. I'm not too worried though because the entire Bills defense took a step back, and he fits Schwartz' scheme.

Zeke suspension is overdoing it, unless they can support the claims that they have photographic evidence. In which case, fuck him

See, that's the part of this deal that doesn't make sense, if he fits with Schwartz he should fit in just as well with McDermot, they're very zone heavy split safety schemes, but hell what do I know. Schwartz may play a little more man, but in this day and age, a zone defender plays man as well, they don't just spot drop. I like the move from Philly's perspective. The entire Bills secondary was confused last season, best way to describe it. I do worry about Darby's ball skills, his biggest knock, just doesn't track the ball well. Darby's catchup speed is great though, really helps him/bails him out. He was flat out great his rookie year, took a step back against KC, was banged up and sat out a few games down the stretch. Hope he works out, rooting for him.

This the most Fake news picture I've seen. A pic of Big Ben with the words SAINT directly behind him? 🤔 Send that old man home.

Dutch..... we did it
Cleveland Browns Players Amazed By Star Rookie Comfortable Walking Around Shirtless

CLEVELAND—Generating an excited buzz throughout the first three weeks of training camp, Cleveland Browns coaches and players have been amazed by how comfortable star rookie defensive end Myles Garrett appears walking around shirtless, sources confirmed Monday. “In my eleven seasons here, we’ve never had a guy with this kind of confidence and swagger,” said left tackle Joe Thomas, noting that a stunned hush fell over the team on the first day of training camp as they stared at Garrett in absolute awe when he self-assuredly jogged out onto the field for warmups wearing nothing but mesh shorts. “He’s never given being shirtless a second thought, you can tell he’s just that fucking bold and poised. It’s incredible having somebody around who has no doubt they can pull off that off, and I know it’s starting to rub off on the other guys.” At press time, sources confirmed that the entire team had timidly gathered to witness Garrett make eye contact with a reporter during a post-practice interview.
http://www.theonion.com/article/cleveland-browns-players-amazed-star-rookie-comfor-56642

Hindl

See, that's the part of this deal that doesn't make sense, if he fits with Schwartz he should fit in just as well with McDermot, they're very zone heavy split safety schemes, but hell what do I know. Schwartz may play a little more man, but in this day and age, a zone defender plays man as well, they don't just spot drop. I like the move from Philly's perspective. The entire Bills secondary was confused last season, best way to describe it. I do worry about Darby's ball skills, his biggest knock, just doesn't track the ball well. Darby's catchup speed is great though, really helps him/bails him out. He was flat out great his rookie year, took a step back against KC, was banged up and sat out a few games down the stretch. Hope he works out, rooting for him.

Well they don't exactly run the same scheme. They're both 4-3 defenses that mainly have the front four attack, but McDermott is a bigger blitz guy, taking from Jim Jonhson's 00s Eagles defenses. Meanwhile, Schwartz rarely ever blitzes and does use more man coverage looks, especially press. Plus I think the Bills just wanted more picks and jumped at the chance to do it. And I'm not worried about the ball skills. It's a bummer, but I'd gladly take PBUs over getting burned for the millionth time. Maybe we'll have a chance of slowing down OBJ, Dez, and Washington's weapons

K-Gun

Well they don't exactly run the same scheme. They're both 4-3 defenses that mainly have the front four attack, but McDermott is a bigger blitz guy, taking from Jim Jonhson's 00s Eagles defenses. Meanwhile, Schwartz rarely ever blitzes and does use more man coverage looks, especially press. Plus I think the Bills just wanted more picks and jumped at the chance to do it. And I'm not worried about the ball skills. It's a bummer, but I'd gladly take PBUs over getting burned for the millionth time. Maybe we'll have a chance of slowing down OBJ, Dez, and Washington's weapons
While I admittedly don't have the numbers, McDermott may have learned D from JJ but he certainly hasn't shown the same propensity to blitz. It's zone heavy rush four more often than not. Leslie Frazier is D-Co, you know his ass isn't blitzing. I don't have blitz %, but he prefers rushing 4. I think last year he blitzed more than any other year since his D didn't have the bookends to get home. Think he's going to sit back, especially with how young the corners are, LBs can't cover either.

MechDX

Seth Payne’s 9 Random Thoughts & 19 Practice Thoughts From West Virginia

1. I can’t tell you how excited I get when I watch Watson run the bootleg. Not only is he capable of pulling the ball down and running for easy yardage when it’s there, but it sets up the zone running scheme perfectly. Regardless of what Watson does in the passing game, I can predict with confidence that he will make Lamar Miller and D’Onta Foremen better runners by complementing them with the boot game.
6. One underrated positive for Watson: At times I completely forget that playing under center was foreign to him until several months ago. He looks completely comfortable in the mechanical aspects of taking a snap, handing the ball off, executing play action, etc.

16. You can tell Watson has been watching a lot of Brady film when you see him standing completely motionless in the pocket, legs deader than my soul. It’s almost eery looking, like something has gone wrong, but we’ve seen Brady do it for years and he’s kinda good.

I know...pre season....blah blah blah...practice

The only two consistent things that everybody seemed to agree on, pre draft was Watson had that leadership factor and he was a student of the game and always trying to improve. I would not be completely shocked if he basically locked himself in a room a month before TC and just watched film on Brady over and over.

I dont know what to think. Someone tell me what to think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom