• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

It’s weird when you realize NFL teams carry a bunch of players on their roster they know have no chance of making the team in the name selling out four full-price preseason games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It’s weird when you realize NFL teams carry a bunch of players on their roster they know have no chance of making the team in the name selling out four full-price preseason games.

It also boosts up the lesser college stars/undrafted kids who clown them at practice because they were famous. It's why they sometimes get signed to practice squads a year or two after flaming out because they were on LSU or BAMA or whatever.

brentech

Packers GM Ted Thompson on anthem protests: It's a free country
None of his players have protested during the national anthem, but Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he wouldn't have a problem if they did.

Posted this to the wrong thread at first. Feels bad, but I stand by telling the football (euro) thread the good word of Ted.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I feel like this image may be relevant again.

CKprT77.jpg

Posted this to the wrong thread at first. Feels bad, but I stand by telling the football (euro) thread the good word of Ted.

Somebody like Rodgers needs to step up and take a knee. Until someone completely indispensable to their team (and white) takes a stand, the "both sides" group will keep living in their ridiculous little lie that things are fine. It takes someone they look up or relate to before they think about changing their tone. And if a player of Rodgers caliber started doing it you can guarantee it would start a domino effect.

WedgeX

Banned
Somebody like Rodgers needs to step up and take a knee. Until someone completely indispensable to their team (and white) takes a stand, the "both sides" group will keep living in their ridiculous little lie that things are fine. It takes someone they look up or relate to before they think about changing their tone. And if a player of Rodgers caliber started doing it you can guarantee it would start a domino effect.

Rodgers would be the perfect one to do so.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bortles will turn into a good QB once he gets out of Jacksonville. He'll be starting for Arizona next year and will lead the Cards to glory

MechDX

Only reason anyone thought Bortles would be good is because he looks like Ben Roethlisberger and had a smoking hot girlfriend.

Bortles is an ago old tale in the NFL. Small school QB with talent who was put into the wrong situation. Started way too soon in a very unstable situation

Bortles will turn into a good QB once he gets out of Jacksonville. He'll be starting for Arizona next year and will lead the Cards to glory

Savage ia going to Arizona dammit!

Tankard

I will miss Baldy Bortles somehow, he was a funny guy in interviews.

Looking forward to that top 3 pick next draft, we will have tough competition for that too.

It's not just that, the preseason is the de facto minor leagues. Every player on these bloated rosters is getting on tape against (relatively) high level competition in a way that's indispensable for scouting, given the lack of proper feeder leagues.

Didn't he wow everyone in his first preseason? Or am I remembering too much hype?

Bortles will go through stretches in a game where he looks good, sometimes really good and then he will all of a sudden throw a pick 6.

I still think Bortles will be fine, especially when Hurns and Lee come back.

Bortles did help me win fantasy football leagues the past 2 years, so there is that..

I'm just waiting for game 10 or so when Bortles goes full on shit-Bort; and Coughlin comes down from the booth to rip his head off. Bort is the king of garbage time in games that have already been decided, outside at that at his best he's decent and at his worst he's utter shit.

Striker

“I think we all have to be careful making assumptions,” coach Ben McAdoo said. “Josh and Geno are competing right now for the No. 2 spot and if it doesn’t look the way we want it to look, Davis will get a crack.”
I still think Geno wins it but an extra roster spot would be nice.

Kurt Warner's doofus ass was saying Webb and Geno were battling for the #3 job last week. He gets paid to say those things. :(

Jarnet87

Watching Bort last night anytime they designed a play where he could quickly get the ball out to the first read he did fine. When he actually had to go through progressions and make a good throw it fell apart.

@AdamSchefter
Patriots fear DE Derek Rivers, their top draft choice this year, has suffered a season-ending knee injury, per @FieldYates and @MikeReiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom