• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

John Ketchum ✔ @Ketchcast
Chris Long with his arm around teammate Malcolm Jenkins as he raises his fist during the national anthem.
DHed8VgXoAAG2Km.jpg
That's my defense :')

Anyone in here on the Quad want to get into the FW 5.00 beta?

I have a spare code and figured I'd ask here before I go to the general population in the Beta thread.

AFCS plays the NFCW this year
I read the schedule wrong.. *commits seppuku*

NFL giving Dallas a free win against the colts I'll take it! We don't play the raiders until the end of the season so Elliott should be back. First six games of the season are giants, Broncos, cards, rams, packers, 9ers and skins. Giants and packers I could see losing but the rest of games should be winnable with or without Elliott. DMC and Morris should do fine for a stop gap.
Giants = if you had a reliable pass rush, sure.. I'd pick y'all if you had one. 0-1

Broncos= it's at Mile High and if you all had a reliable pas rush, I'd pick y'all.. but no. That's a lot to ask of Dak to carry. 0-2

Cards= I could see you all winning if Dak doesn't go to complete shit as the D isn't as great as previous years. 1-2

If the Rams had even a mediocre offense.. I think I would pick Rams.. but I'll pick you all. 2-2

You aren't beating Packers without Zeke.. it would require Rodgers to go to complete shit even if the Game is in Jerry World 2-3

You'll beat the 9rs 3-3

So.. 3-3 I think. I think you'll drop Washington since Zeke will have rust. 3-4

Why are people pretending it's Zeke that makes the running game great and not the O-line. Any starter in the league will be productive.

Any starter would be productive, but not that productive. McFadden barely broke 1K yards, while Zeke was 300 yards ahead of the next highest RB. He almost hit 1K yards after contact last year. Add in his catching and pass block ability and it's not hard to tell why. If Elliott was on the Rams or Seahawks OL he obviously wouldn't have put up those numbers, but he's still impressive. Morris and McFadden will put up numbers in Weeks 1-6, but defenses won't be afraid of them
This

WYTS Skins http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-washington-redskins-1797971084

We are the only team in the NFL without an 11-win season in the last 25 years.
I inherited two things from my father: a predisposition for heart disease and Washington Redskins fandom. If given the choice, I’d return the fandom.
Back in ’93 I took my wife to her first (and turns out, last) Redskins game. It was her first-ever professional sporting event of any kind, so she was excited. I got us seats right in the corner of the end zone, and I told her ‘Cool! We can see them celebrate right in front of us!’

The ‘Skins lost 3-0 to the Jets. NBC’s Play of the Game was a botched FG attempt where the ball bounced of Boomer Esiason’s helmet. Somehow we’re still married.
They fired their GM who promised to turn around decades of incompetence. On his way out, they smeared him as relapsing in his fight against alcoholism.

They further alienated their star QB by tagging him for the 2nd year in a row. Their opening offer was so ridiculous that Cousins’s agent never responded.

The current GM, after having failed to sign Cousins to a long-term deal, and tagging him for the second year in a row, held a press conference where he called him the wrong name six times, and then refused to take questions.
After a trip a few years ago to Austria, Croatia, and Slovenia in which a few buddies and I had an absolute blast one of my friends and I made a life bet. The bet was whoever’s team wins the Super Bowl first the loser has to pay for a round trip ticket to Slovenia for the winner when we go back. My team in the bet is obviously the Redskins. His team is the Buffalo Bills. That bet will never pay out for either of us, ever.
Set aside every awful thing they have done, every contract they have botched, and the awful suburban DC fanbase. The thing that depresses me the most: if they ever reach the top of the sport and win the Super Bowl, I will have to watch Dan Snyder hold that trophy. As insane as it is, I literally don’t know if that is worth it.

AFC East Tank Train continues

Evan Silva ✔ @evansilva
I expect #Bills to listen to trade offers for Shady McCoy & Tyrod Taylor if not make some themselves. Getting 2017 wins not their priority.

Hindl

Evan Silva ✔ @evansilva
I expect #Bills to listen to trade offers for Shady McCoy & Tyrod Taylor if not make some themselves. Getting 2017 wins not their priority.
AFC East saw the Pats offseason moves and just went 'eh, fuck it'

Hindl

Pre-Season Hype Alert:
Derek Barnett is a fully-formed pass rusher.
Let's not get crazy, it's still preaseason, but he's been excellent so far. Pretty much everything people said about him in the draft and training camp is showing up on the field. He'll be pushing for a starting job before the end of the season. Still needs to work on his counter moves though

To be fair, Bill put out a hit on Tannehill and the rest of our injured. We didn't just give up like the bills and jets

lol they needed a beta for that?
Yeah fair. Jets and Bills said fuck it, Dolphins just died

Zeke

I read the schedule wrong.. *commits seppuku*

Giants = if you had a reliable pass rush, sure.. I'd pick y'all if you had one. 0-1

Broncos= it's at Mile High and if you all had a reliable pas rush, I'd pick y'all.. but no. That's a lot to ask of Dak to carry. 0-2

Cards= I could see you all winning if Dak doesn't go to complete shit as the D isn't as great as previous years. 1-2

If the Rams had even a mediocre offense.. I think I would pick Rams.. but I'll pick you all. 2-2

You aren't beating Packers without Zeke.. it would require Rodgers to go to complete shit even if the Game is in Jerry World 2-3

You'll beat the 9rs 3-3

So.. 3-3 I think. I think you'll drop Washington since Zeke will have rust. 3-4

This
Broncos qbs are Semen and Lynch I don't buy them beating Dallas.

They'll get CJ Anderson back and they still have Booker to have a decent running back tandem plus their defense is still good enough to cause problems for Dak in Mile High.

That's why I'm going Denver over Dallas

Nialrot

Evan Silva ✔ @evansilva

Best course of action is to trade Bortles for Taylor then and I can guarantee wins will be scarce.

Yeah shady isn't going anywhere. He's the 4th best back in the league but the cap hit is too high and he's 29 years old. The only way someone will take him is if he agrees to restructure his deal.

Plus at this point, most teams flat out don't have the cap space.

I said a few pages back the Jags should trade a conditional pick for Tyrod. I was under the assumption Bort could at least show if he's worth keeping or not, but it sounds like they gave up. If Buffalo balks at the conditional pick I'd throw in Bort at that point and ask for a low round pick back (6th rounder seems fair). No real risk for the Bills and it's possible they wind up with a salvageable QB if they can figure Bort out.

I know they want Mccarron but that asking price is way too high. The Bills don't even want Tyrod. Plus Tyrod's contract is basically year to year, so if it doesn't work out and Cousins hits FA next year they can jump for that ship instead.

The only thing that makes sense to me here is if the Jags really don't think they're as good as the on paper talent says. If they think they're still a year away, maybe they're looking to pick up one more top 10 pick before going all in. I don't see it though, they're stacked in a lot of key positions.

Denver matches up extremely well against Dallas, that's a loss. Might even be a blowout.

You have absolutely nobody in your secondary. Siemian's not great by any means, but he has two exceptionally good receivers that know how to get open and know how to destroy players that are worse than them. And you have one of the worst pass rushes in the league, which was where Siemian struggled last year.

On offense Zeke could gash Denver's D pretty hard... but he won't be playing. DMC and Morris aren't power backs, and that's where Denver's run defense struggles. They have the speed to match up with faster backs, they just have a hard time preventing that extra 2-3 yards guys like Zeke are able to get at the end of the play. So you're relying on Dak to go for at worst 300/3/1 against the absolute best group of corners in the league and one of the best pass rushes. I love Dak, I think he's going to become a superstar one day, but he's not good enough to pull that off yet.

Keep in mind too that before CJ Anderson went down and Denver totally lost their run game last year, they were 7-2. Siemian has another year of experience and that offensive line should play better this year. A lot of people are counting out Denver this year but I see 11 wins if they can stay healthy and get top 20 QB play.

I think the Cowboys are winning the NFCE this year (partially because that division is NOT as good as everybody thinks it is), Zeke suspension or not, but they have some teams they really don't match up well with. Denver is one of those teams. Atlanta's one of those teams. New England is one of those teams. If the Chargers stay healthy they're one of those teams.

MechDX

Trevor Man Juice is not a good nor bad QB. He is just a QB by definition.

He won't win you any games on his own. Probably has one of the bottom 3 weakest arms of any QB in the league

He is better than the Backstreet Boy knock off Lynch who is just a damn moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom