• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

gutshot

In Week 4, the entire NFL community rallied together to take a stand and engage in the time-honored American tradition...

baltimore-ravens-kneeling-protest-1-ap-jt-170924_31x13_992.jpg

24-nfl-protests-bills-med.w710.h473.jpg

24-nfl-protests-colts.w710.h473.jpg

...of telling Donald Trump to go fuck himself.

(In all seriousness though, the response to Trump's inflammatory tweets were good to see. It is also good to see players working with the commissioner and owners on trying to enact real change. Hopefully this weekend will be remembered as a turning point in the on-going struggle for racial equality.)

Other American traditions honored this week include, the Lions getting screwed...

lions-controversial-td-against-falcons.gif

...Tom Brady leading 4th quarter comeback drives...

giphy.gif

...and Eli Manning's face.

giphy.gif

Week 4

CHI @ GB
NO @ MIA (London)
CAR @ NE
JAX @ NYJ
TEN @ HOU
PIT @ BAL
CIN @ CLE
DET @ MIN
LAR @ DAL
BUF @ ATL
PHI @ LAC
SF @ ARI
NYG @ TB
OAK @ DEN
IND @ SEA
WAS @ KC

TheGrizz

Go Pack go, please don't start out as slow as you did on Sunday against the Bengals. We can't lose to the Bears at home, we just can't!

Sephzilla

Go Pack go, please don't start out as slow as you did on Sunday against the Bengals. We can't lose to the Bears at home, we just can't!

If the Packers ever needed a big blowout win, right now would be the perfect time for it. Kick the crap out of a rival at home and get a lot of momentum leading into a big match in Dallas

gutshot

Go Pack Go!

But Tate was down before the ball crossed the goal line

I've watched the gif a couple dozen times and still am not convinced of that. But even so, they got screwed because if the call had been made in real-time, they probably would have been able to get one more play off.

Jarnet87

Hot off Case Brady's destruction of my Bucs, Schmeli Manning comes to town. Odell and crew are going to feast against the leagu's worst secondary.

Sephzilla

I've watched the gif a couple dozen times and still am not convinced of that. But even so, they got screwed because if the call had been made in real-time, they probably would have been able to get one more play off.

SSoTzBq.png

He's pretty clearly down. Knee on the ground, being touched by a defender, has control of the ball, is a few feet short.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I think the Bears have a shot on Thursday. The Packers look like their usual selves, where Rodgers has to bail out the rest of his team.

Stare horrified into the pale, slack-jawed face of your destroyer, Green Bay.

crop_exact_full_image.jpeg

The Destructor is coming. Glennon the Traveler, the Destroyer.

Go Bears!

mnannola

Cowboys looked pretty good last night. They still seem to rely a little too much on the running game in order to open up the passing game, but as long as the offensive line plays well that isn't a huge deal. Dak looked pretty good.

He was definitely down. It's just unfortunate that the refs didn't see it in real time.

Obviously it would be super hard to do on purpose in the moment, but this is a weird case where Tate would benefit from slightly bobbling the ball as he's going to the ground. Happened to Tyreke Hill last year. He appeared to be stopped short on the final play against Denver (I think) but replay showed that he didnt have full control of the ball until after he was in the endzone.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

They wouldn't be able to get the line set in only 8 seconds.

Badosh

Skol.

CHI @ GB
NO @ MIA (London)
CAR @ NE
JAX @ NYJ
TEN @ HOU
PIT @ BAL
CIN @ CLE
DET @ MIN
LAR @ DAL
BUF @ ATL
PHI @ LAC
SF @ ARI
NYG @ TB
OAK @ DEN
IND @ SEA
WAS @ KC

haimon

The only way this could be worst for lion fans was if they ruled it correctly and in the excitement he spiked the ball.... That would have made Detroit go nuts....

If Bionic still cared about football, I'd tell him the Ravens are gonna whoop that ass, but he's out now.

Apparently there are petitions around Baltimore to take down Ray Lewis' statue in Baltimore.

Kneeling is what prompted the petition, not.....other......things.

The only way this could be worst for lion fans was if they ruled it correctly and in the excitement he spiked the ball.... That would have made Detroit go nuts....

Yeah, there's no telling what would have happened in the confusion.

Anyway, I liked my OT title better. Go Steelers, except that chucklefuck running the offense.

This should be a nice easy win for the Eagles. Losing cox sucks but the chargers are bad and it should be a very pro-Eagles crowd.

Top Bottom