• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osi Umenyoira was on Mad Dog radio on Sirius and he was quoted as saying he would take less money in an extension to stay with the Giants. What a difference a year and a Super Bowl championship makes.:)

If that's the case, I honestly don't think the Giants will trade him. If he's willing to come in at lower money via extension (and considering he's only about a 3.9 million cap hit at the moment), there's no reason not to keep him.

Oh and Brandon Jacobs continues his TNA appearances. This time choke slamming Bubba Ray through a table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_dwxoMxCI&feature=youtu.be

Not unexpected but the Cowboys will move Tyron Smith to left tackle in 2012 and Doug Free will move back to RT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/24/tyron-smith-is-moving-to-left-tackle/

Tyron Smith, who had a strong rookie year at right tackle, will be the team’s starting left tackle next season. Doug Free will move back to right tackle. The move has been expected since the Cowboys took Smith ninth overall in the 2011 Draft and Free’s struggles this season made it a priority. The team didn’t want to move Smith, who played on the right side at USC, as a rookie because of the lack of offseason time to work on the move, but Jason Garrett said Thursday that they think the time is right.

Also not surprising but league sources are reporting that Mario Manningham will hit free agency as expected. He wants to be paid starter level money which the Giants won't pay with Cruz next in line for his pay day. I see the Bears as a likely landing point. PFT posits the Redskins which is also a possibility.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/24/manningham-prepares-to-enter-free-agency/

In a development that hardly qualifies as a surprise, Giants receiver Mario Manningham most likely will hit the open market on March 13 at 4:00 p.m., according to a league source.

One of the stars of Super Bowl XLVI, whose acrobatic sideline catch fueled the game-winning drive, we’re told that Manningham wants to be paid like a starter. With Hakeem Nicks already getting that kind of money and Victor Cruz wanting the same, Manningham becomes the odd man out.

Either I'm getting old or God of War III is harder than the previous two. Or both. Just played for about 90 minutes and got my ass kicked ... a lot. Got past Hades finally but had some trouble a centaur and his army and then a chimera. I'm like, WTF? This used to be a great series because it made you feel like such a badass... now I feel like an old-ass.

Hopefully you don't encounter the same game breaking glitch I experienced fighting Hercules.

Bowser

Under Armour should make Cam their MJ and use this as the new-age "Jumpman" logo:

SmJ2z.jpg

Mr2day

Either I'm getting old or God of War III is harder than the previous two. Or both. Just played for about 90 minutes and got my ass kicked ... a lot. Got past Hades finally but had some trouble a centaur and his army and then a chimera. I'm like, WTF? This used to be a great series because it made you feel like such a badass... now I feel like an old-ass.

Hades was the toughest boss in the game imo. The only other fight that gave me trouble was late in the game against a bunch of cerberus and satyrs after you fall off the labyrinth.

Parts of it were harder than it needed to be, but on the whole I thought the last levels of II were harder. I still love the series to death though.

Anybody play the SSX demo? I'm not sure what to think. Graphics look nice, but while playing it I just had this "meh" feeling.

Rapsheet said:
Good talk with Carl Poston, the agent for Andre Carter. Sounds like he's ahead of schedule on rehab. Wants to be back with Patriots

Yes please! He had a great season last year, if they can re-sign him for a good price I would be happy to see him return to NE.

Stealers have cut down $25 mil in cap space in a week. Lulz, the "cap" is such a ridiculous sham. Now they aren't over the cap, they're right at it. How they gonna sign rookies!? Who the fuck knows!

Stealers have cut down $25 mil in cap space in a week. Lulz, the "cap" is such a ridiculous sham. Now they aren't over the cap, they're right at it. How they gonna sign rookies!? Who the fuck knows!

Says the fan of the one team actually found guilty of cap violations. Side deals for Jim Druckenmiller, brilliant!!

Anyway, Steelers still have Harrison and Polamalu to restructure and busted old guys like Smith, Farrior, Hampton, Foote, and Ward to choose from for dumping. And an idiot like Kemo, who they should have cut already. And they're also saving money by going with Kapinos to punt and not resigning Sepulveda. Essex and Starks probably won't be back either.

Says the fan of the one team actually found guilty of cap violations. Side deals for Jim Druckenmiller, brilliant!!

Anyway, Steelers still have Harrison and Polamalu to restructure and busted old guys like Smith, Farrior, Hampton, Foote, and Ward to choose from for dumping. And an idiot like Kemo, who they should have cut already. And they're also saving money by going with Kapinos to punt and not resigning Sepulveda. Essex and Starks probably won't be back either.

Nfl hates us and is jealous of our success. Meanwhile, the stealers owners are allowed to break the rules and a rapist is free to play in the nfl since its with Pittsburgh!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
my god, when you think about the amount of money the 9ers had to spend to get that special needs backup qb a super bowl...

Raveninsider said:
Ben Roethlisberger received a $10.7 million bonus to restructure his deal, reducing his base salary to $900,000 in 2012. Ben Roethlisberger's new salary-cap figure $8.89 million 2012

The fuck ?

Mr2day

Parts of it were harder than it needed to be, but on the whole I thought the last levels of II were harder. I still love the series to death though.

Anybody play the SSX demo? I'm not sure what to think. Graphics look nice, but while playing it I just had this "meh" feeling.

Yeah SSX demo didn't wow me as much as I was hoping. I think it's because I tried doing the tricks with the right stick instead of the buttons.

I dont have a console to try out the demo, but that was my impression of the game from the first screenshot. The SSX series thrived on over the top tracks and over the top moves. The further they have moved away from that the less fun the games have been. And I'm the kind of guy who always goes for a more realistic approach in games over more arcadish. VF and Tekken over Street Fighter or a Blaze Blue. But SSX is a game that works best the more over the top it is.

Yeah SSX demo didn't wow me as much as I was hoping. I think it's because I tried doing the tricks with the right stick instead of the buttons.

Yeah, but even as I switch to classic controls, something felt missing. And I hate that rewind feature only because I bump it when I don't want it. This game is also much more forgiving, it'll let you land all sorts of tricks very late.

I dont have a console to try out the demo, but that was my impression of the game from the first screenshot. The SSX series thrived on over the top tracks and over the top moves. The further they have moved away from that the less fun the games have been. And I'm the kind of guy who always goes for a more realistic approach in games over more arcadish. VF and Tekken over Street Fighter or a Blaze Blue. But SSX is a game that works best the more over the top it is.

Yeah, 3 was a good game, but I didn't play it nearly as much as I did 1 and Tricky. There's all kinds of rails and downed trees and other stuff to grind in this demo, but I can't quite put my finger on why it's so dull. Maybe it's the layout. Maybe the final tracks are more exciting. In any event, looks like I'll be holding off on this one until a price drop.

Greg

Yeah, I didn't like it. The 'track' seemed generic, and they just added a bunch of alternate paths to make it seem interesting. And the look of the game doesn't mesh well with how it plays.

The original will always be the best.

Haven't played the demo, but I loved the previous iterations. I'm probably going to wait until this comes down in price though. I'm on an RPG kick right now with Skyrim, Amalur and the upcoming ME3.

eznark

Banned
I don't even know how to feel on this.

Depending on what you had to give up, I think you should feel happy. There is no way anyone gives a first so at worst it would be a second rounder. I'd say that getting the greatest athlete in the history of sport is worth a second round pick.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Depending on what you had to give up, I think you should feel happy. There is no way anyone gives a first so at worst it would be a second rounder. I'd say that getting the greatest athlete in the history of sport is worth a second round pick.

I'd definitely give up a second rounder for Chris Redfield LaRon Landry.

EDIT:
Site is slow but some of the cap stuf there is interesting. Still is going to bite you in the ass at some point later.

The ass biting portion is right now. The cap is just going to keep going up, so these will sting less in the future. In the immediate future, there will be no fa acquisitions, just a feeble attempt to keep the current talent.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
is multi in hot shots just those 30 person tournaments or could we play a four player match where we actually see each other's shots?

Ez,

I got a notification that you earned a trophy and it crashed my system!

Site is slow but some of the cap stuf there is interesting. Still is going to bite you in the ass at some point later.

2013 is the only question mark. If the cap remains about the same as this years, they should only be about 7 - 10 million over it next year, which is a lot better than the mess they had this year. 2014 shouldn't be a problem because everyone is expecting the cap to bump up big because the new TV deal kicks in.

Godslay

Banned
Hot Shots vita is so fucking good

Thought about getting that since I played the shit out of it around the PSP launch. I am enjoying Uncharted besides the fucking gyro log garbage. The majority of my time so far has been spent playing Symphony of the Night. It looks great with the bilinear filtering and on the OLED. $250 dollar SOTN machine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom