• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Holy shit has Fox ever been banned?

I almost got back into the Poligaf thread then saw that the Ed Hochuli of mods now posts there so I am out. You guys will have to hear me gush about Gary Johnson in here!

Gary Johnson is too reasonable a human being for the tea party addled masses.

MechDX

Texans better get something out of this *plethora* of FA WRs.

You'll get Jacoby Jones for another year and like it!

Im surprised there arent mods who post regularly in this thread.Guess they dont like football.

Ive seen Bish stick his head in on rare occasions the only one regularly is Otepious(?) who is a Jags fan. Thought he was baiting me this year when I called the Jags defensive lineman wimps for calling the Texans O line dirty.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Fox318 is another damn fool, went to gaming side and ended up banned. When will these fools learn

ChipperJones.gif

EDIT:
Someone tweet this link to snes for me. Thx.

LJ11

Holy shit has Fox ever been banned?

I almost got back into the Poligaf thread then saw that the Ed Hochuli of mods now posts there so I am out. You guys will have to hear me gush about Gary Johnson in here!

LOLOLOL

What's the deal with the community section anyway? Seems like they dumped a shit load of threads in there. Wanted to check out the Dark Souls thread and I saw host of other shit mixed in. Seems like a mess.

Hope they don't put the sports threads over there.

Narag

LOLOLOL

What's the deal with the community section anyway? Seems like they dumped a shit load of threads in there. Wanted to check out the Dark Souls thread and I saw host of other shit mixed in. Seems like a mess.

Basically a repository for old gaming OTs to keep them off the front page and OT stuff that became minicommunities and were always bumped iirc.

LOLOLOL

i play a non-LJ controlled bills team for the first time in like 5 years this week in our madden online franchise league. we miss you brother!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Basically a repository for old gaming OTs to keep them off the front page and OT stuff that became minicommunities and were always bumped iirc.

That, or just trying to get people to notice there's a 3rd forum!

LJ11

Glad they've kept sports here, for now anyway. I swear, I thought they just got rid of the Political threads and stuff like that. Had no idea that they moved OT stuff.

i play a non-LJ controlled bills team for the first time in like 5 years this week in our madden online franchise league. we miss you brother!

There's a reason I sold the game. A few months ago you needed an extra player and you made a post in one of the NFL threads, I immediately checked Amazon and said, nah don't do it.

Haven't visited the thread either, just to keep temptation low. I will be back though, no doubt. That lag on my end was truly awful though, otherwise I would've gutted it out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LOLOLOL

Sports threads will end up moving to community, along with the other OTs which are basically always at the top of the boards. There are several mods who want it to happen. It's just a matter of time.

dschalter

What do you guys do to get banned so much? 5,560 posts on my old account and 2,600 on this one without getting banned. Are you guys PMing dick pics to the mods or something?

reasons people get banned (in order)

#1: they posted on the gaming side.
#2 they were a dick to someone.
#3: they posted something culturally conservative in a thread that is sexuality related ((you will get banned if you disapprove of any choice made by a gay parent, ever).

Who took over?

we have had a couple bills players since LJ left: first it was Mik. he was pretty good and actually won the division last year but then time constraints prevented him from coming back. now the bills owner is a dude waiting to have his account approved on gaf so we have to contact him via XBL. he's been pretty good though.

its worth saying that neither mik or the other guy are actually bills fans. they just kind of got them by default because they were the only team left :/

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
we have had a couple bills players since LJ left: first it was Mik. he was pretty good and actually won the division last year but then time constraints prevented him from coming back. now the bills owner is a dude waiting to have his account approved on gaf so we have to contact him via XBL. he's been pretty good though.

its worth saying that neither mik or the other guy are actually bills fans. they just kind of got them by default because they were the only team left :/

...aw. That's just wrong. Well, if that dude drops my team, let me know. I suck at Madden, and Buffalo has crap for numbers, so it'll be perfect!

...aw. That's just wrong. Well, if that dude drops my team, let me know. I suck at Madden, and Buffalo has crap for numbers, so it'll be perfect!

well we are approaching our 4th and final season of madden '12. bout to get to the playoffs in season 3 and we have enough people returning to have a mostly full season 4. if you're interested in a team OTHER than the bills the possibilities are: chiefs, lions and browns. check out the thread in the community section if interested!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
well we are approaching our 4th and final season of madden '12. bout to get to the playoffs in season 3 and we have enough people returning to have a mostly full season 4. if you're interested in a team OTHER than the bills the possibilities are: chiefs, lions and browns. check out the thread in the community section if interested!

Who says its final.

Im ready to ride this bitch into June

Who says its final.

Im ready to ride this bitch into June

takes us about 2 months to finish a season. this one is going to end sometime in march so if you're going to "ride this bitch into june", then you're going to ride it into july cause that's how long a 5th season would take!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
reasons people get banned (in order)

#1: they posted on the gaming side.
#2 they were a dick to someone.
#3: they posted something culturally conservative in a thread that is sexuality related ((you will get banned if you disapprove of any choice made by a gay parent, ever).

I laughed pretty loud at this one.

Disagreeing with the echo chamber in those threads will often get you banned. Being anything other than a Liberal Atheist/Agnostic might not end in a banning but at the very least getting likewise echo chambered out of most threads. Not sure how eznark does it honestly.

jakncoke

Banned
What do you guys do to get banned so much? 5,560 posts on my old account and 2,600 on this one without getting banned. Are you guys PMing dick pics to the mods or something?

Been banned 3 times in my 20k posts.
1. Posting C**t Punt pic
2. Calling people allergic to Peanuts mutants :)me)
3. The :lol debacle

I really don't understand the banning policy on GAF.

No one does. Not even the mods!

I've been banned 3 times as well... for:

1. I don't remember what it was
2. Telling someone to get a pair of fucking glasses because they don't know how to read
3. Suggesting Crecente explore a career in killing himself

Then there were my other accounts

jakncoke

Banned
I've been banned 3 times as well... for:

1. I don't remember what it was
2. Telling someone to get a pair of fucking glasses because they don't know how to read
3. Suggesting Crecente explore a career in killing himself

Then there were my other accounts

:me

Milchjon

I got banned once early in my GAF life for suggesting Sp0rsk shouldn't be a mod if he didn't own a PS3 for neutrality reasons :jnc

Needless to say, I was very, very drunk at that moment.

Godslay

Banned
Damn, I've never been banned. Maybe I'm playing it too safe, and not doing it right? I'll read and not respond to certain topics just to avoid being banned. The Iran threads are an example.

I got banned once early in my GAF life for suggesting Sp0rsk shouldn't be a mod if he didn't own a PS3 for neutrality reasons :jnc

Needless to say, I was very, very drunk at that moment.

I can hear SNES' old chubby fingers typing a tweet furiously as he reads this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom