• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 17 |OT| The Gift That Keeps on Giving

BadAss2961

I have to be honest, I don't like our chances against Seattle's tough, fast D with a gimpy RG3, but it feels so damn good no matter what happens from here on out. Won the division and have our Franchise QB, even after all the shit people talked about how we gave up too much. RG3 was worth every penny and every draft pick.
I'll enjoy watching the Redskins lose next week or the week after that.

And just wait for that sophomore slump for RG3.

Talon

Well your HC is a fucking spineless piece of shit

He rather play it safe and keep getting a paycheck

I mean come the fuck on, try to win the game by playing for a 50+ FG, move the ball you stupid fuck, getting closer helps you %, you asshole
A little anger there...

Ænima

I have to be honest, I don't like our chances against Seattle's tough, fast D with a gimpy RG3, but it feels so damn good no matter what happens from here on out. Won the division and have our Franchise QB, even after all the shit people talked about how we gave up too much. RG3 was worth every penny and every draft pick.
Yeah the playoffs are just a bonus at this point to me. We will be contending for many seasons to come.

Drakeon

So who all's getting axed tomorrow?

Norv Turner
Andy Reid
Pat Shurmur
Romeo Crennel
Whisenhunt?
Lovie Smith?
Chan Gailey? (Haven't heard any talk, but he deserves it for how badly they underachieve)
Rex Ryan? (Mostly just heard about a new GM and Sparano being gone)
Mike Mularkey? (I probably misspelled that last name)
Mike Munchak?
Dennis Allen?
Jason Garrett?
Ron Rivera? (I tend to think he gets another year because he turned things around towards the end, but could still see it happening)

So your basically proving preseason strength of schedule means jack shit. Good job.
And you are proving what? hindsight is 20/20? They base it on the teams previous year record. What else can they go on? Is looking at the schedule after the whole season is over and saying 'those teams you played sure did suck' supposed to be smart?

Romo gon' cry in the car.

original.gif

Ænima;45915613 said:
Yeah the playoffs are just a bonus at this point to me. We will be contending for many seasons to come.

imagine what the blitzes will look like with Orakpo there? Need to overhaul the secondary using whatever draft picks we have left though, and maybe add another big play receiver.

anyone have the strength of schedule rankings for this year? i have to think the niners are very high up. we played games against quite a few winning teams:

packers
vikings
giants
bears
patriots
seahawks (X2)

then again we played trash like the cards, jets and bills

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Norv Turner
Andy Reid
Pat Shurmur
Romeo Crennel
Whisenhunt?
Lovie Smith?
Chan Gailey? (Haven't heard any talk, but he deserves it for how badly they underachieve)
Mike Muklarkey? (I probably misspelled that last name)
Mike Munchak?
Dennis Allen?
Jason Garrett?
Ron Rivera? (I tend to think he gets another year because he turned things around towards the end, but could still see it happening)

Psst... Andy Reid has already been given notice, he's gone

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Norv Turner
Andy Reid
Pat Shurmur
Romeo Crennel
Whisenhunt?
Lovie Smith?
Mike Muklarkey? (I probably misspelled that last name)
Mike Munchak?
Dennis Allen?
Jason Garrett?

Just saw this on a Lions forum:

Chris Mortensen on Sunday NFL Countdown:

There's always that annual coaching surprise. Keep watch on Jim Schwartz in Detroit where league sources insist the Ford family is disturbed enough over the team's culture to have discussed whether firing Schwartz is warranted.

I'd be for it only if we were to get an Andy Reid or Jon Gruden though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
A little anger there...

It's really cause he can't see Alexandra Daddario nude. I don't blame him. He's got to vent towards something and the Texans are a great punching bag right now.

TheFatOne

Ohhh I didn't realize that strength of schedule link Godslay posted was based on the 2011 records. That is a pretty shit way to see SOC after the season is over. Does anyone do an updated SOC after the season is over? I have a feeling the Pats one is actually going to be worse if such a thing is even possible.

Drakeon

Just saw this on a Lions forum:

Only if we were to get an Andy Reid or Jon Gruden though.

I'd seen something like that, but given his extension, I'd be shocked if hes gone. If he's smart, he'll sacrifice one or both his coordinators for another year. Not that it would do Lions fans any good.

Bowser

Norv Turner
Andy Reid
Pat Shurmur
Romeo Crennel
Whisenhunt?
Lovie Smith?
Mike Mularkey? (I probably misspelled that last name)
Mike Munchak?
Dennis Allen?
Jason Garrett?

Don't think we'll know about Rivera until shortly after the new GM is hired. I believe it'll be his call.

Sky Chief

This Redskins draft has to have had more immediate impact than almost any in NFL history.

Through 16 weeks three of their rookies have won ten Rookie of the Week awards (RG3 seven times, Morris twice, Cousins once) and Morris will surely win again this week.

RG3 has broken numerous rookie QB records and is indeed one of the best QBs in the NFL already.

Morris finished the season second in the NFL in rising behind only Adrian Peterson and had the third most rushing yards of any rookie RB in NFL history!

Kudos to Bruce Allen.

squicken

Already some great games on the schedule next year:

Peyton plays games at Foxboro, Indy and Manning Bowl.

I'm going to have to make the trip to Indy for Peyton vs Indy. Squicken, meet me there

Man how much are those tickets going to be? I can't imagine. Irsay will probably make you buy Jags and Titans tickets in a bundle or something

LJ11

imagine what the blitzes will look like with Orakpo there? Need to overhaul the secondary using whatever draft picks we have left though, and maybe add another big play receiver.

You think that blitzing performance is sustainable against a well coached team?

If anything, you won't need to blitz because Orakpo will be paired with Kerrigan. No need to send the house.

Godslay

Banned
Denver's two loses to playoff teams were very early in the season to Atlanta and Houston.

Does anyone doubt the outcome if Denver played either at this point?

Atlanta maybe. Houston, probably not. They were playing hot and with confidence at the time. Might have been a closer game, but I think at that time Houston still wins.

Drakeon

This Redskins draft has to have had more immediate impact than almost any in NFL history.

Through 16 weeks three of their rookies have won ten Rookie of the Week awards (RG3 seven times, Morris twice, Cousins once) and Morris will surely win again this week.

RG3 has broken numerous rookie QB records and is indeed one of the best QBs in the NFL already.

Morris finished the season second in the NFL in rising behind only Adrian Peterson and had the third most rushing yards of any rookie RB in NFL history!

Kudos to Bruce Allen.

I'd argue the Colts draft had a ton of impact. Isn't almost their entire offense rookies aside from Wayne and the OL?

JCizzle

Denver's two loses to playoff teams were very early in the season to Atlanta and Houston.

Does anyone doubt the outcome if Denver played either at this point?

Yes, the Falcons in Atlanta at least would be a very competitive game. As would the Texans if that game was at their place too.

squicken

93 Oilers... on my 13th birthday at my uncles house who's a dirty Cowboys fan.

I cried like a bitch.

Yeah I don't know how anyone old enough to live through that can ask how anything compares to it. If the Rockets would have finished out Choke City it may have come close

Ænima

Yeah we need some new safeties for sure. Our corners aren't great, but the shit we have at safety tends to make them look worse than they really are.

anyone have the strength of schedule rankings for this year? i have to think the niners are very high up. we played games against quite a few winning teams:

packers
vikings
giants
bears
patriots
seahawks (X2)

then again we played trash like the cards, jets and bills

This is draft order (or looks like it) but strength of schedule is next to it.

http://www.raidersblog.com/2012/12/20/nfl-strength-of-schedule-2012/

Looks like Atlanta had the easiest road. (up to 12/20)

MechDX

Yeah I don't know how anyone old enough to live through that can ask how anything compares to it. If the Rockets would have finished out Choke City it may have come close

Texans need to get Rudy T to come have a pep talk. Maybe he could sober up for half a day to do it.

Top Bottom