• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card 2012 |OT| You Need An Ace In The Hole

Link

The Autumn Wind
Do you think that RGIII was forced to play?

He played through it as well, it was as much as his decision as it was Shanahans. If players can't go, they can't go. It's their job to communicate that to the coaches. If they think they can play and they coach allows them to, then it is what it is. Right or wrong.
I'm saying it was stupid and irresponsible of Shanahan to let RGIII stay in the game when he was obviously hurt. I don't care what a player says, it's the coaches responsibility to think of the safety of his players first.

trent.gif

shermanshermansherman.gif
I LOL'ed

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't like the move, but I certainly don't dislike it, more like indifferent. Actually, this is probably the only coach hire in the last 4 searches that hasn't pissed me off so I guess you can say I do like it.

Too many variables right now, need to see the coordinators before we really get an idea of what's to come. He did do a pretty good job with inferior talent, wasn't a good recruiter but who wanted to play for Syracuse after the Robinson era.

We'll see.

Sure. Which is why the worst I said was that this move doesn't exactly make me hopeful. Time will tell, of course, but based on the current evidence there just isn't anything there to get excited about.

Hellix

I hope the 'hawks have it in them to take down Atlanta. It will be glorious once they go one and down for the fourth time.

JCizzle

I'm saying it was stupid and irresponsible of Shanahan to let RGIII stay in the game when he was obviously hurt. I don't care what a player says, it's the coaches responsibility to think of the safety of his players first.

This. He's a young 20 year old kid who doesn't know better. Shanny is a grown ass man paid to make these decisions. Inexcusable.

Godslay

Banned

I don't disagree, but if a player says they can go some coaches let them. It was on Shanny to pull him. RGIII would have played until he died, but the blame is also on him to know his own limits and when he is detrimental to his own team and take a seat.

jchap

Washington radio states that CLEARLY RGIII was badly injured even before the game started and you could tell even during the 14-0 start :p

Link

The Autumn Wind
I don't disagree, but if a player says they can go some coaches let them. It was on Shanny to pull him. RGIII would have played until he died, but the blame is also on him to know his own limits and when he is detrimental to his own team and take a seat.
I'm not going to blame a player for wanting to play hurt. I wouldn't even blame a coach for letting that player play banged up. But RGIII was practically on one leg and was completely ineffective. At that point, it's to no one's benefit to leave him in. It was just baffling on all fronts.

Washington radio states that CLEARLY RGIII was badly injured even before the game started and you could tell even during the 14-0 start :p
Yeah I was worried about this. TV and Radio in DC are going to go X-Files on the team. Every story, from the Dr. James Andrews thing to the field condition, is going to be blown up.

JCizzle

You couldn't tell that he couldn't plant his leg or move at all? It was terrifying to watch him put in that position, then the inevitable knee blowing out injury that followed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not going to blame a player for wanting to play hurt. I wouldn't even blame a coach for letting that player play banged up. But RGIII was practically on one leg and was completely ineffective. At that point, it's to no one's benefit to leave him in. It was just baffling on all fronts.
By the time of the fumble it became inexcusable.

Cloudy

Banned
It's easy to hammer Shanny tonight but they got into the playoffs on that bad knee and the kid obviously wanted to play. I don't think RG3 was hurting them out there..

Top Bottom