• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

bumpkin

Welp. Check this out:

Costco: Xbox One version - go to the back of the box look:

rJVTmfr.png

Xbox Live: 1-2 players.

Costco: Xbox 360 version - go to the back of the box look:

OhwJ2XO.png

Xbox Live: 2-12 players.

Uh oh
Oh. Fuck.

I'm getting it on PS4 anyway, although that back cover didn't seem to have good news either.

I'm going to get the game used eventually, I think. But this isn't going to be a day 1 digital or hard copy for me. No, EA, you will not get this guy's $$$ directly.

I hope there's at least online leagues or something of that sort...just anything with multiplayer beyond the basics...I'd be interested in starting one/joining one if that exists here.

I'm going to get the game used eventually, I think. But this isn't going to be a day 1 digital or hard copy for me. No, EA, you will not get this guy's $$$ directly.

I hope there's at least online leagues or something of that sort...just anything with multiplayer beyond the basics...I'd be interested in starting one/joining one if that exists here.

Doubt it, there will probably be tournaments like in FUT, man this is a big crock of shit, I've been waiting for this since the PS4 was announced

I wouldn't say that's confirmation but it's not looking good at all.

Costco wouldn't have the game yet so that's probably placeholder boxart......I so fucking hope it's not true or I'm going to be so pissed about this!!!

It might be because they can't nickel and dime you as much in this game mode compared to HUT.

But seriously if it's not in that's a pretty big feature gone, it was always my 2nd favourite only to the franchise modes.

It might be because they can't nickel and dime you as much in this game mode compared to HUT.

But seriously if it's not in that's a pretty big feature gone, it was always my 2nd favourite only to the franchise modes.

Can't be a reason. It's the only mode that creates additional revenue aside from HUT, so they could remove GMC or NHL Moments or whatever. But not EASHL.

I think someone mentioned but I guess it is a somewhat different game when you have 12 people online. I don't know, when I play in FIFA clubs it seems to be mostly OK but it seems like if I use certain cameras behind the players (instead of like on TV) the game seems to dip to 30 FPS. So I wonder if this was some concern for them

And yeah that person above has a point...they may not have the manpower. Still, it's a freaking bummer man.

depward

Still holding out some hope for the full game mode reveal next week but geez if the EASHL fanbase isn't reaching a critical mass in its outcry this afternoon.

One tweet, ONE SINGLE TWEET from Rammer or from the @EASPORTSNHL account could silence it.

I think the silence is speaking pretty loudly here. And as someone who was so looking forward to EASHL on PS4, this is a huge bummer.

You think a next gen (or current gen or however you might want to call it) game would carry over all features. EASHL has been in since NHL 09. Fifa had pro clubs in its first next gen game; why does the NHL next gen game get a pass on this after even not releasing a next gen game last year?

I mean, a part of me wants to just buy the PS3 version and Skype with my buddies.

...the other part of me wants to say EA can go screw themselves and skip this year.

WHICH PART OF ME DO I LISTEN TO

rellix

Was finally going to pick up a PS4, mostly for this game. I returned NHL 14 almost immediately, as it felt way too identical, and the people I played with decided to switch to their PS3s. Not the game's fault, but it wasn't enough to keep me playing.

NHL 15 was my reunion with them. Too fucking bad, I guess.

Samyy

I haven't bought a game since 2011 and this is what I get when I'm about to buy again?
Fucking EA - if it wasn't for that Best Buy deal I would have canceled my pre-order.

Take this with a incredibly large grain of salt, But a guy I used to play NHL with all the time told me tonight that the game got "hacked" and EASHL is actually in the game. I've searched Google and the EA forums but can't find anything on the subject....maybe he's just making things up....I want to believe!!!

eek5

Was finally going to pick up a PS4, mostly for this game. I returned NHL 14 almost immediately, as it felt way too identical, and the people I played with decided to switch to their PS3s. Not the game's fault, but it wasn't enough to keep me playing.

NHL 15 was my reunion with them. Too fucking bad, I guess.

Yeah dude! The only thing that my forum homies used to play was EASHL. They are going to be pissed!

I guess no Slappy McSlapshot this year. :(

Take this with a incredibly large grain of salt, But a guy I used to play NHL with all the time told me tonight that the game got "hacked" and EASHL is actually in the game. I've searched Google and the EA forums but can't find anything on the subject....maybe he's just making things up....I want to believe!!!

what would hacking have to do with it? they hacked the box art and put a "1-2 players" logo on back?

Delt31

As much as I hope they have it I call BS on the people who say they're not buying it now. Stop it you know you're getting it new or used

As much as I hope they have it I call BS on the people who say they're not buying it now. Stop it you know you're getting it new or used

Um, if you're a casual hockey fan who only really played EASHL, then yeah, nobody is buying it. You have almost no reason to. People who love the NHL and follow it closely obviously would, but I highly doubt those same people will want to get it new.

I'm on the in-between boat. I don't know dick about real hockey but this is a decent chance for me to get more familiar with the players in it like I have been doing with FIFA. But I'm definitely not getting it new and until it's a discount that's for damn sure.

Delt31

Um, if you're a casual hockey fan who only really played EASHL, then yeah, nobody is buying it. You have almost no reason to. People who love the NHL and follow it closely obviously would, but I highly doubt those same people will want to get it new.

I'm on the in-between boat. I don't know dick about real hockey but this is a decent chance for me to get more familiar with the players in it like I have been doing with FIFA. But I'm definitely not getting it new and until it's a discount that's for damn sure.

Agreed. Point is you'll get it eventually.

Taurus

How do we revive NHL 2k series? Twitter campaign? Online petition?!

I'm ready to do dirty things to get some competition for the EA's shitty yearly full-priced roster updates.

if EASHL isn't in the game there is a 0% chance i will buy the game, new or used. if EASHL is in the game as it was on 360/ps3 then there is a 100% chance i will buy it. it is the only reason i wanted the game

Shit, I don't even remember how to play 1v1 anymore, I'm so use to controlling a single player only. I doubt I would enjoy franchise mode or simply playing 1v1 online.

I tried some 1 v 1 for a change of pace, it's actually very enjoyable, and it's definitely a little different and a lot more realistic---line changes forcing you to dump the puck, playing the game a little more thoroughly instead of the super fast pace of EASHL, etc.

I'm sure the gameplay will be fine, but it's so disappointing this feature's not in. Going to have to fill the void with FIFA...or a company that's even lamer, 2k :(

Shit, I don't even remember how to play 1v1 anymore, I'm so use to controlling a single player only. I doubt I would enjoy franchise mode or simply playing 1v1 online.

Ha, thats where I'm at. We used to do 2v2 local until our group moved around the country, then we discovered EASHL, I don't think I've touched another mode since. Couldn't even finish playing the Winter Classic when that was the opening to one of the games.

The problem with the mode in FIFA is that it definitely requires more than 4 guys to have fun with. When most of your team is controlled by AI it kinda sucks the fun out of it. Don't even get me started on those two man "any" teams. My friends and I do enjoy FIFA friendlies in FUT, but HUT is definitely not as engrossing as it is in FIFA, not sure why, but thats just the way it is.

Considering I played over 1000 games in that one mode and that was 99.9% of where I spent my time, I can tell you right now I won't be buying it....new or used.

The problem with the mode in FIFA is that it definitely requires more than 4 guys to have fun with. When most of your team is controlled by AI it kinda sucks the fun out of it. Don't even get me started on those two man "any" teams. My friends and I do enjoy FIFA friendlies in FUT, but HUT is definitely not as engrossing as it is in FIFA, not sure why, but thats just the way it is.

Yeah, I agree. But I think that's actually going to be possible (On this forum at least)

But I would pick EASHL over Fifa's clubs anyday...cause you have multiple humans controlling just one guy it's often a clusterfuck. NHL feels more rewarding.

Compbros

I rarely buy hockey games, when I play them I have fun but I'm not into the sport enough to really get into the season mode or whatevert they have. However, when I learned about EASHL I wanted the game because it sounded fantastic. I now have 0 interest in the title again and wo't be buying it.

eek5

The only modes I ever played were be a GM and EASHL so I pretty much wouldn't even play NHL15 if it doesn't have EASHL, even if they gave it to me for free. I don't even follow hockey so new rosters or whatever has no draw on me.

My prediction :

EASHL isn't on the disc and misses release day, but they patch it in at a later date.

I mean, if those boxarts are true it makes sense. They can't advertise 12 player online on the box of its not done. That and EA is really insisting on not saying anything until the reveals next week. Maybe there's an explanation.

That would be a pretty damn huge patch...

I could see them maybe releasing it as DLC down the line?...but even then that's bullshit that we'd have to pay extra.

And I would buy it anyways.

Ardenyal

My friends and I do enjoy FIFA friendlies in FUT, but HUT is definitely not as engrossing as it is in FIFA, not sure why, but thats just the way it is.

I think that's because FUT has a lot more diversity with how they rate their players. There might be a silver player that overall has shitty stats but then he's got insane pace and 5 star skills and that's all he needs to be a card worth tens of thousands. In NHL that's largely missing and you end up just looking at the OVR and you already know what the guy can do.

I think that's because FUT has a lot more diversity with how they rate their players. There might be a silver player that overall has shitty stats but then he's got insane pace and 5 star skills and that's all he needs to be a card worth tens of thousands. In NHL that's largely missing and you end up just looking at the OVR and you already know what the guy can do.

I agree, thats exactly it, unfortunately HUT doesnt have the variety and wealth of players that FUT does. Is HUT even popular? I've dabbled, but I've played FUT extensively and even obsessively, even though hockey is my favorite sport, HUT just doesn't click.

C Jones

My prediction :

EASHL isn't on the disc and misses release day, but they patch it in at a later date.

I mean, if those boxarts are true it makes sense. They can't advertise 12 player online on the box of its not done. That and EA is really insisting on not saying anything until the reveals next week. Maybe there's an explanation.
I'm with you. I just don't see how they can wait until NHL 16 before EASHL is on next gen.

I'd be cool with them making a commitment to patch it in, I understand the time constraints, although its fucking EA, why are they skimping? They cant allocate more resources to get the game out as it should be proper?

Its insane that they haven't come out and said one way or another though, like really, what gives? Theres no reason they can't throw out a tweet that just says "everyone chill" thats enough right there.

I think it definitely shows how unpopular NHL is in general though, this story barely registers in a world where the most bullshit non news will generate 100 pages. This is a legitimate controversy and really only the die hards care, and it really doesn't seem like there are a whole lot of us. A very vocal minority for sure.

Top Bottom