• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

I think it definitely shows how unpopular NHL is in general though, this story barely registers in a world where the most bullshit non news will generate 100 pages. This is a legitimate controversy and really only the die hards care, and it really doesn't seem like there are a whole lot of us. A very vocal minority for sure.

Quality over quantity.

We deserve better.

Robcat

Banned
Six pages on Gaf for an NHL game? Wow as a Canadian and a big fan of the NHL series it's good to see the support for this game. Hopefully this will open EA's to start treating this game more like they treat FIFA.

depward

I've tried HUT and even FUT in FIFA and I honestly just can't get into it. Without EASHL the value of EA's hockey games for me are drastically decreased.

Looking forward to this coming week's reveal. Will it magically be in there with EA trolling us (probably not)? How will they address the exclusion of the game mode in current gen?

It's just crazy. Pro clubs is a pretty big part of FIFA; imagine if they left that out in a release. People would go more nuts than with EASHL.

I've tried HUT and even FUT in FIFA and I honestly just can't get into it. Without EASHL the value of EA's hockey games for me are drastically decreased.

Looking forward to this coming week's reveal. Will it magically be in there with EA trolling us (probably not)? How will they address the exclusion of the game mode in current gen?

It's just crazy. Pro clubs is a pretty big part of FIFA; imagine if they left that out in a release. People would go more nuts than with EASHL.

They're probably not going to address it and are going to pretend like it never existed

D1NO

Neo Member
I feel like this is EASHL will be in the game. I think they just want people to order the HUT Ultimate edition so people get the "free packs" ... this gets more people into HUT which they think will make them buy more packs with real $$.

Last years game hid the EASHL deep deep into the menu system. They know it's popular but they want more people playing HUT to make more $$.

I believe it will be in, just not advertised.

If it's not in though, I'm waiting until NHL15 hits the vault since I already paid for EAAccess.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They're probably not going to address it and are going to pretend like it never existed

Oh, they'll address it...next year at E3 when it is advertised as the "new" feature in NHL 16.

KaYotiX

Banned
I just can't fathom them not including EASHL... Such a great mode.

I'll still buy it because I haven't played NHL since NHL 13. I also like the HUT mode alot. (but I don't buy packs, just grind them out)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Checking the boxes from last year, there was nothing on the back of the box for EASHL.

HOWEVER. There was online players of 2-12.

If this years box doesn't say that, EASHL is probably gone for next gen.

depward

Some new off-screen gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUmUwsAL-GQ

Not EASHL related... but one that that is bothering me with officially-released stuff from EA as well as in this video is how big the rink seems to me.

I mean, the players seem so small with the rink and ice area being so big. Just seems like forever between the blue line and the goal.

Anyone else feel this way?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Some new off-screen gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUmUwsAL-GQ

Not EASHL related... but one that that is bothering me with officially-released stuff from EA as well as in this video is how big the rink seems to me.

I mean, the players seem so small with the rink and ice area being so big. Just seems like forever between the blue line and the goal.

Anyone else feel this way?
I would assume that has to do with the camera angle being close. Could be wrong though.

So, confirmed that it's not in the game? If so, EA just lost a sale.

Well, not confirmed but likely.
Over at the EA forums someone posted that the game's version present at TubeCon in Finland offered a greyed out menu point called "Live the Life Online", no evidence has been seen so far though. I still have a feeling we'll get to see something club related this week.

Well, not confirmed but likely.
Over at the EA forums someone posted that the game's version present at TubeCon in Finland offered a greyed out menu point called "Live the Life Online", no evidence has been seen so far though. I still have a feeling we'll get to see something club related this week.

That sounds like maybe you create a player and then join pick up games...no clubs, maybe.

Which I guess is a somewhat decent alternative but then again, pick up games is also kind of what drives me crazy sometimes with the number of douches out there.

gotta love the community interaction here with EA. they deserve lost sales even if this mode is in the game.

This is the worst part, me and my friends were so hyper for this game. I had a conversation with my friend last night who said even if EASHL is in the game he's probably just going to get it from gamefly because of the way EA has handled this. Seriously deflating, especially considering we've been waiting at least a year for next gen NHL.

This is the worst part, me and my friends were so hyper for this game. I had a conversation with my friend last night who said even if EASHL is in the game he's probably just going to get it from gamefly because of the way EA has handled this. Seriously deflating, especially considering we've been waiting at least a year for next gen NHL.

Every single EASHL player was hyped for the new-gen iteration. After all this mess in the last few days they need to at least present an improved EASHL mode. It won't be enough to simply say "it's in" now.

AlexIIDX

Man, if its not in the game the devs better be prepared for a shit storm. I really think it will impact sales a lot, thats how important the game mode is (I still think it'll be there)....I just really want GMC and i'm nervous that won't make the cut. I'm in an GMC league and we have an nhl15 forum and have been so eager to start. That would be such a let down.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder how many people will pick it up without knowing it's not in the game? I wouldn't have known it might not be in, if not for Gaf. I could see a lot of players just grabbing it only to find out it's not in once they get home.

Every single EASHL player was hyped for the new-gen iteration. After all this mess in the last few days they need to at least present an improved EASHL mode. It won't be enough to simply say "it's in" now.

I'll be honest if it's in the game and is its usual self I'm going to be a sucker and forget it ever happened. At this point I just want the damn mode lol. I will still definitely not hold them in very high regards though.

I feel bad saying that cause it's someone else's job and livelihood, I'm sure they're good people but ..... HOW!

I'd understand if they need time to actually improve on it---but please EA Canada, you CANNOT let 2k Sports release a game a year before you AND that game to have more features!

I wonder how many people will pick it up without knowing it's not in the game? I wouldn't have known it might not be in, if not for Gaf. I could see a lot of players just grabbing it only to find out it's not in once they get home.

I think someone who gets the game on day 1 will have known by now---the crowd who picks it up later on, will probably have heard about it by then. But I'm sure there are the numbers who will just get it, assuming it's in because they don't follow gaming news. And I kind of hope there's plenty of those people, the more outrage from diverse crowds, the better.

If it's not in the game it will suck. But there's no way I'm going a full year without a NHL game hoping that it'll be in NHL16. HUT and versus mode it will be I guess.

Been waiting for years for the next gen version of NHL...and EASHL is all I play. And I hate what is happening right now.

So the FIFA team has released blogs about their game and the improvements to modes

.....that game comes out 2 weeks after NHL.

Milly79

Regardless if it's in or not, I'll pick it up. It's been almost a year since I've owned a 360 and the game. If it's not in, I'll just switch to playing FIFA pro clubs. Definitely not the same, but it'll feed the itch.

I'm not that good in vs, so Hut is gonna outta the question. At least online, anyway. Too many stacked teams out of the gate. I really don't get the appeal of dropping so much cash to get the a chance at the best players.

depward

Alright, so bets on this "full game modes reveal" will be happening this week?

Thinking it's a nice Friday afternoon post.

PHIBALNATION

Neo Member
Why have it included, everyone on the losing team quits when their team gives up a few goals. Try finishing a game and not be a sore loser, never play it because of this.

Why have it included, everyone on the losing team quits when their team gives up a few goals. Try finishing a game and not be a sore loser, never play it because of this.

This happens in every multiplayer game of any genre. Some people quit when they're down. You're never going to avoid that.

Why have anything outside of single player in that case? I've had plenty of people quit on me in VS mode as well.

Fuck 2K for quitting on hockey. Now EA just doesn't even give a shit. No NHL on PS4/Xbone last year. And now short on features this year?

Damn it. I want 2K Hockey back.

Red_Man

This only happens when you play in shitty drop ins, if you find a decent group of guys to do 5's'6's this doesn't happen nearly as often.

Red_Man

Does this game support azure servers to stop people from cheating online?
I've been playing this game on an almost nightly basis for 4 years now, and have had a handful of people I've come across that I thought may have been cheating.

Top Bottom