• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

GM Connected was not listed in the achievements either.

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

depward

The problem here is EA's potential excuse of,

"We do have EASHL in NHL 15 - just for PS3 and Xbox 360."

But many people upgraded to the "current gen" with the thinking (back then, the "no duh EASHL will be included") that they would be playing EASHL in NHL 15 on their PS4s / Xbox Ones.

I don't care if they did this: I'm fairly certain NHL 15 for PS3 / X360 is probably almost the exact same of NHL 14 + presentation overhaul.

I am not supporting EA by buying this. I buy every single NHL release and I just won't do it for NHL 15 based on this decision.

Don't care about the whole "didn't have resources / didn't have time" - you had two years. EASHL players are your brand evangelists; there are communities out there dedicated to the game mode.

Spend time ensuring all of your game modes carry over before spending all that time replicating rinks where most of us will be mashing the A / cross buttons to not view during the game.

Worst part is I bought an xbox one for EASHL in next gen. Fuck EA so much.

Yeah out of all of this, I wish I kept my 360 or ps3. At least I could play some club matches. This is just baffling....Two years for what? incredibly unrealistic jerseys that flap around like a flag in the wind and 1080p?

Yeah out of all of this, I wish I kept my 360 or ps3. At least I could play some club matches. This is just baffling....Two years for what? incredibly unrealistic jerseys that flap around like a flag in the wind and 1080p?
I absolutely would have kept my 360 if I had known. Hell I practically got paid in peanuts :(

I am still going to get the game on the extreme cheap, used, because I want to practice in anticipation....for next year. Aghhhh!

Pretty sure they just decided to finish the last gen versions of NHL 15 while a small team worked on the next gen arena interiors, then spent a month or two porting it with 1080p and FlappyJersey tech, only to realize a bunch of game modes no longer worked so they just removed them.

BOOM slap a $69.99 on it and sell it!

Ugh, boy did they screw this up.
I hate to be a dick, but I'm cancelling my pre-order to make a statement. Maybe get it half price at Thanksgiving, but they need to hear our displeasure.

I absolutely would have kept my 360 if I had known. Hell I practically got paid in peanuts :(

I am still going to get the game on the extreme cheap, used, because I want to practice in anticipation....for next year. Aghhhh!

Yeah I'm actually considering getting a 360 cheap on craigslist and buying the old gen version, I skipped NHL 14 because I was waiting for the ps4/xbox one versions....

Fixed1979

Your order has been cancelled successfully. For your reference, here is a summary of your order:

You just cancelled order #702-5018544-3604241 placed on July 2 2014.

Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

I may pick it up at some point, but it's going to be used or really cheap.

depward

Yeah I'm actually considering getting a 360 cheap on craigslist and buying the old gen version, I skipped NHL 14 because I was waiting for the ps4/xbox one versions....

Based on this, I'm not sure many 360 / PS3 people are going to upgrade to NHL 15. Might make sense to buy NHL 14 and play EASHL on there...

I hate to be a dick, but I'm cancelling my pre-order to make a statement. Maybe get it half price at Thanksgiving, but they need to hear our displeasure.

lol what?!

that is the best and most reasonable thing for you to do as the consumer

Now that you mention it, I just might do this...

Based on this, I'm not sure many 360 / PS3 people are going to upgrade to NHL 15. Might make sense to buy NHL 14 and play EASHL on there...

great, now I feel like a whore!

I really should vote with my wallet though

True that, Considering it will be extremely cheap to buy NHL14 used, But what if EA decides to shut the servers off for NHL14.....LMFAO

I'm so furious right now, their talented mods over at the EA forums banned me for mentioning Destiny and all the other great games coming out in the next months.

Played EASHL since 09 and now this. Used 20€ version here I come.

beatnik11

Neo Member
I really hope this is just a bunch of fear mongering from knee jerk EA hate (which honestly they deserve most of it, but not necessarily on all occasions). I just cant seem them taking out something that is such a big draw for a sizable amount of the community. Frankly I am getting it anyways because I dont play EASHL and have no desire to play online, all I care for the the LtL mode. If they were to take that out it would be an instant no buy for me.

a916

I'm pissed off in a major way but still hesistant to call them lazy devs. There must be a reason it's not in the game - I still won't be buying it if that's the case but I am curious to hear their explanation as to why it's gone.

More than likely. It probably has to do with time/money. It always has to do with those two.

Smackodon

Neo Member
And just like that, I'm out. There was already enough bullshit in 14 that just about put me off from even trying the next one, but I held out hope that the series would go back to it's former glory. I really, really hate the current state of sports games. I'm debating not getting FIFA 15 now just out of principal.

tmac456

welp. decided I'm not getting this at release. if I get it at all, it'll be a cheaper, used copy. no justification for spending $60 on this garbage

I wonder if the backlash is real, they might announce patching them in later on this year. Moves like this will kill review scores, critics generally dock big points for things like this.

More than likely. It probably has to do with time/money. It always has to do with those two.
I can definitely be corrected on this one as I probably just sound like an upset fanboy to an experienced dev, but they had an extra year. And the fact is this game seems awfully vanilla even if they had a limited team. Still, their communication about this issue was really poor and they upset their most loyal community. And it seems like they don't care.

I guess the numbers show that more people still buy it on previous gen consoles? That's my only explanation for them not taking care of us.

I wonder if the backlash is real, they might announce patching them in later on this year. Moves like this will kill review scores, critics generally dock big points for things like this.

we don't have any good sports games critics though, outside of the usual crowd (pasta, OS, etc) all the other reviewers at the big name companies who can sway the masses don't give a shit about sports games, don't really care, and don't know shit about the things that matter to the dedicated crowd

I guess the numbers show that more people still buy it on previous gen consoles? That's my only explanation for them not taking care of us.

Who knows, maybe the numbers show those modes aren't as important as we think? It's always the vocal minority that screams the loudest, etc.

Killing a mode that people love is one thing, but killing a mode that EVERYONE plays would make zero sense from any angle.

Who knows, maybe the numbers show those modes aren't as important as we think? It's always the vocal minority that screams the loudest, etc.

Killing a mode that people love is one thing, but killing a mode that EVERYONE plays would make zero sense from any angle.

As a game developer you always need to satisfy core and casual gamers at the same time. By stripping out EASHL and GM Connected, they basically hurt both. You can't make it any worse.

I have to ask, is EA Vancouver the smallest team EA has? Is even the 2nd team for Visceral/Bioware bigger than these guys?

You'd think not, EA has 2 massive buildings here. One in Burnaby is literally a gigantic campus where they do mo-cap and development, the other is a huge office tower on the waterfront in downtown where all the suits are.

Maybe they are just hollow (?).

Ugh, boy did they screw this up.

*sigh*... i'm conflicted in that right now I have it pre-ordered on the E3 special for about $42 (the one where Amazon screwed up and put an extra 30% off the 30% off)... I already boycotted 13 and 14 for general laziness of EA... If I cancel the order and do want to re-buy it later it will likely cost more.

So what i'll probably do is get it, give it a week... if it sucks as much as I think it does trade it in quickly so it gets sold used an EA doesn't get more $$$....

Hrm.

Arment

Real sorry about losing your game modes.

Fortunately for me I just play local 2 player with a buddy. We must have 5000+ games played.

Still not sure about picking this up. The transition games tend to suck and 14 is the best I've played in a while.727-851-3456

Ardenyal

If I had a preorder I would cancel it :mad:

The way this was (not) communicated was the biggest dick move of the whole thing. Why not be upfront about it and tell us why exactly they omitted the game mode...

depward

Seeing EASHL on my list of trending topics for Twitter is very heart-warming.

This is insane. Still no word from EA.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol and it comes out the same day as Destiny. No way I am dropping $140 on video games on 1 day. Guess which one I am leaning to pick up on the day.

NHL 14 still does it for me. They gave me no reason to upgrade to NHL 15 as they haven't shown EASHL or GMConnected or barely any gameplay improvement.

Fixed1979

Top Bottom