• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

lol, shit is blowing up. I'm really surprised they continue to remain silent, when it seems like they have nothing to gain by doing so. Come out and say it's not in the game, and let it run it's course, instead it's just going to be dragged on indefinitely.

Haha, the replies to those couple posts over the last few hours are insane. So much hate! Yikes.

Antti

I'm not going to lie, as sad as it is, this is going to change my weekly schedule in a massive way hahah. Used to play ~20h of EASHL weekly.

Mattius14

Neo Member
It's not a HUGE surprise that they haven't settled the issue yet, since they're undoubtedly waiting on a PR draft process to make any sort of announcements.

What's way more interesting is the idea of them not making it a priority mode to make work for this game. It brings in money for them in a number of ways, from the boost slot/packs to the advertising revenue of the loading screens. EASHL is one of the modes that has the most longevity in the game. You've got the most amount of people logging in consistently, staring at these timed advertisements while they wait to play their game. It just doesn't make sense to remove a mode where you get supplemental income like that.

Who knows, maybe they want to announce EASHL but were planning to do it at the same time as another mode that they still want to wait on. They could be scrambling to re-edit a trailer or a blog post. Or, they could be hiding behind a big rock waiting for someone else to confirm to the masses the thing they're mad and yelling about.

I'll admit that no EASHL wasn't really a game breaker for me since I'm more of a versus/Be a GM type person, but the no GM Connected really sucks. With this and Destiny coming out the same day, I may wait a few to pick it up. I just really want to play a new (next gen) hockey game since I skipped last year, first time since 08.

Who knows, maybe they want to announce EASHL but were planning to do it at the same time as another mode that they still want to wait on. They could be scrambling to re-edit a trailer or a blog post. Or, they could be hiding behind a big rock waiting for someone else to confirm to the masses the thing they're mad and yelling about.

I would bet on me getting laid by a unicorn tonight over this mode existing this year

not that I'm into that kind of thing or anything

bumpkin

It's not a HUGE surprise that they haven't settled the issue yet, since they're undoubtedly waiting on a PR draft process to make any sort of announcements.

What's way more interesting is the idea of them not making it a priority mode to make work for this game. It brings in money for them in a number of ways, from the boost slot/packs to the advertising revenue of the loading screens. EASHL is one of the modes that has the most longevity in the game. You've got the most amount of people logging in consistently, staring at these timed advertisements while they wait to play their game. It just doesn't make sense to remove a mode where you get supplemental income like that.

Knowing EA and recent trends, watch EASHL be a DLC add-on available in a few months for $9.99.

Marvie_3

Banned
What a bunch of fuckwads. EA and their lazy fucking team couldn't come up with these staple modes in TWO FUCKING YEARS!? If we gave them that kind of time again, it'll probably just add NHL 94 and Winter Classic modes again instead...
Those jersey physics are way more important than important game modes.

True that, Considering it will be extremely cheap to buy NHL14 used, But what if EA decides to shut the servers off for NHL14.....LMFAO
This wouldn't surprise me at all. :lol

Cudder

It's really shitty that they removed EASHL, but I'll admit it doesn't affect me since I literally only play online vs. I feel bad for everyone who plays EASHL though. :(

It's really shitty that they removed EASHL, but I'll admit it doesn't affect me since I literally only play online vs. I feel bad for everyone who plays EASHL though. :(

There's no better feeling for me in the NHL games than playing with a team of friends and working together like a real team. And that's what EASHL provides. I'll grab it used or on sale, just because I only had NHL14 for a short while (I sold my old gen stuff for new gen and NHL15) :(

eznark

Banned

I imagine it will affect you as (hopefully) far fewer people will own the game.

C-PK

Neo Member
Pre-order Cancelled. Will only change my mind if this is confirmed as in game from Day one, and it better not be an after thought patch.

Mattius14

Neo Member
Pre-order Cancelled. Will only change my mind if this is confirmed as in game from Day one, and it better not be an after thought patch.

Patches are not typically after-thoughts, but merely a way to still support something while hitting their absolute deadline to ship. I'd actually be just fine with a patch if it meant we get the gameplay mode we want. Making games is not a picnic. If they announce an update it means they they truly do want the mode in, but just couldn't do it for day one. Making games is brutal, I wish people had just a little bit more sympathy for the developers. Enough at least to understand that the deadline and the ones that set it are to blame, not necessarily the devs trying to do whatever they can to meet it.

Obviously it sucks to pay for something that isn't perfect day one, but you don't have to pay for it, ever. If you want to refuse to pay for something because you think it's not good enough, that is your decision, not the developer's fault for failing to provide you with something you personally want.

(I know I sound like one, but I'm not a developer)

^I agree with part of what you're saying, but I think everybody here is more upset because they didn't have the game last year, and this year is so bare bones. So we wonder what the hell they've been doing and focusing on besides on presentation and all that other nonsense. And there's been a flagrant lack of communication.

Cudder

Do sports games usually get substantial patches that add game modes to the game?

I would think because they're already on a super tight 1 year schedule, they start working on next years game right away. Working on a big patch like that would dig deep into the development on the next game.

Got back into hockey games last year with '14 after not playing any since 2K5 even though I love the sport. This is a big disappointment for me and my friends since that was pretty much all we played. None of us are getting it now so hopefully they take notice for '16. One less game to buy this year for me.

Do sports games usually get substantial patches that add game modes to the game?

I would think because they're already on a super tight 1 year schedule, they start working on next years game right away. Working on a big patch like that would dig deep into the development on the next game.

They weren't on a 1 year schedule, this is the first release of NHL on next gen so they've been working on it for 2 years.

Samyy

I wish I could cancel my preorder but im getting it $20 dollars cheaper and that would also cancel my Destiny and Dragon Age pre-order. Will make sure to buy NHL 16 used.

Haven't bought an NHL game since NHL 11 and I was so looking forward to NHL 15, I haven't ever tried things like EASHL and GM connected before....goddammit.

eznark

Banned
Patches are not typically after-thoughts, but merely a way to still support something while hitting their absolute deadline to ship. I'd actually be just fine with a patch if it meant we get the gameplay mode we want. Making games is not a picnic. If they announce an update it means they they truly do want the mode in, but just couldn't do it for day one. Making games is brutal, I wish people had just a little bit more sympathy for the developers. Enough at least to understand that the deadline and the ones that set it are to blame, not necessarily the devs trying to do whatever they can to meet it.

Obviously it sucks to pay for something that isn't perfect day one, but you don't have to pay for it, ever. If you want to refuse to pay for something because you think it's not good enough, that is your decision, not the developer's fault for failing to provide you with something you personally want.

(I know I sound like one, but I'm not a developer)

I agree it's unfair to call them lazy.

They are simply grossly incompetent.

Cudder

They weren't on a 1 year schedule, this is the first release of NHL on next gen so they've been working on it for 2 years.

They still put out a game last year. And I was referring to next years schedule. If they work on a patch for EASHL, I assume that would cut into a nice chunk of dev time on NHL 16, which they would start working on when 15 ships.

They still put out a game last year. And I was referring to next years schedule. If they work on a patch for EASHL, I assume that would cut into a nice chunk of dev time on NHL 16, which they would start working on when 15 ships.

The game they put out last year is almost identical to the one they put out the year before...

That's the thing they literally add one or two features too the gameplay and update the rosters. They also told us NHL15 was going to be on an all new engine, I highly doubt that looking at the animations for next gen NHL15. It looks like a 1080p version of NHL14 with some tweaks and new presentation.

I wish I could cancel my preorder but im getting it $20 dollars cheaper and that would also cancel my Destiny and Dragon Age pre-order. Will make sure to buy NHL 16 used.

Haven't bought an NHL game is NHL 11 and I was so looking forward to NHL 15, I haven't ever tried things like EASHL and GM connected before....goddammit.

GM connected was what I was interested in ... ONLY because I tried it on NHL 13 and the load times were just ridiculous (seriously took about 10 minutes just to update a lineup if someone was injured)... but apparently that's probably been stripped out too.

Real sorry about losing your game modes.

Fortunately for me I just play local 2 player with a buddy. We must have 5000+ games played.

Still not sure about picking this up. The transition games tend to suck and 14 is the best I've played in a while.727-851-3456
Is that the number we call if we want to set up a match with you online?

I think I've decided I'm out if EASHL is out. I play some GM Mode and some standard VS Mode. But I highly doubt they touched GM Mode at all... The only single player mode I play.

EDIT: And apparently there's no GM Connected mode. Yup, I'm definitely out. There's too many other games to play this Fall. In addition to the actual NHL starting up again.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is it possible that the mode was going to attached to EA Access and they had assumed Sony would have acceped ans supported the program?
And now EA is scrambling trying to figure out how to have it included in the game on Sony but be part of their service for XB1?

I haven't read the thread so I don't know if you guys have gone over this yet. But this is what I think is going on.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Is it possible that the mode was going to attached to EA Access and they had assumed Sony would have acceped ans supported the program?
And now EA is scrambling trying to figure out how to have it included in the game on Sony but be part of their service for XB1?

I haven't read the thread so I don't know if you guys have gone over this yet. But this is what I think is going on.

Anything is possible considering we have had ZERO response from EA..

ryan299

NHL 16 is going to have all these online modes put into it and they will call it innovation. This is a such a joke.

Mrbob

If EA attached this mode to Access that would be extremely dirty.

That would be hilarious. I doubt it but I wouldn't put it past EA.

Neil_J_UK

So if you look for Rammer34's gamertag on the Xbox One, you can see the achievement list for the game.

There's no EASHL achievements.

C-PK

Neo Member
It's the only mode I play on fifa and myself and 5 friends were buying nhl 15 specifically to play this mode. So congratulations ea. Down 5 sales from my group. Loads more losses to come I'm sure.

eznark

Banned
You think? If anything, the actual figure is higher hahah. When EHL is on, I clock over 10h every weekend easily lol

Already looking forward to the Twitch broadcast getting bombarded.

༼ つ _ ༽つ Give EASHL kappa!

I'm not going to lie, as sad as it is, this is going to change my weekly schedule in a massive way hahah. Used to play ~20h of EASHL weekly.

I'm surprised you aren't just going to double dip and get the 360 version as well. Most hardcore EASHL players I know are doing that.

C-PK

Neo Member
I can't see how a game in development 2 years can be missing such popular game modes.

When fifa 14 made the switch it was missing some features that existed in the ps3 version, yet we still had to pay full price. It's not good enough.

I can't see how a game in development 2 years can be missing such popular game modes.

When fifa 14 made the switch it was missing some features that existed in the ps3 version, yet we still had to pay full price. It's not good enough.
At least that game had clubs. And it's 11 on 11.

Delt31

I can't believe this entire thread is based on an assumption. Wouldn't you want to first hear what's actually in the game and then complain? I know there is a lot on the wall saying not in the game but wait until then to bring it considering it might not be true no?

The fuck are they doing? They just introduced GM Connected two years ago and it's already getting chopped? I mainly play Be A GM and Be A Pro so I'll still be picking up the game but man, I hope sales tank for them.

I can't believe this entire thread is based on an assumption. Wouldn't you want to first hear what's actually in the game and then complain? I know there is a lot on the wall saying not in the game but wait until then to bring it considering it might not be true no?

Nothing is factual yet but man are you seriously gonna believe at this point we're making uneducated assumptions?

I don't know what else more you need to see. No communication. No achievements. No mention of anything about game modes that would attract consumers to buy your product THREE WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE DATE.

eznark

Banned

No, I think it's important to educate the public as best you can as early as you can since EA clearly is too incompetent and cowardly to do so.

Already a number of people in this thread saved $60. If you really think it's still going to be in the game despite every single indication pointing to it not being in the game, then good on ya. I have a bridge I'll let you subscribe to for a monthly fee.

Top Bottom