• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

Delt31

No, I think it's important to educate the public as best you can as early as you can since EA clearly is too incompetent and cowardly to do so.

Already a number of people in this thread saved $60. If you really think it's still going to be in the game despite every single indication pointing to it not being in the game, then good on ya. I have a bridge I'll let you subscribe to for a monthly fee.

Guys - the mode probably isn't going to be in but that's just speculation at this time. Not confirmed. I'm just saying why explode now - explode when it actually is confirmed ; )

I'm getting it either way. Sorry but I enjoy 1 vs 1 online too much.

Carlisle

Is it possible that the mode was going to attached to EA Access and they had assumed Sony would have acceped ans supported the program?
And now EA is scrambling trying to figure out how to have it included in the game on Sony but be part of their service for XB1?

I haven't read the thread so I don't know if you guys have gone over this yet. But this is what I think is going on.

I'd think the easiest way to solve that is by making EASHL and GM Connected be paid day-one DLC if you don't have EA Access and free if you do. Maybe they've got their PR department working overtime to find a pleasant way to make that announcement sound. But you'd think when you've got a virtual monopoly on professional team sports you don't have to worry much about what the public thinks of what you're doing.

Oddly enough, if that were the case I'd be more likely to buy the game. I'd only skip this year for the promise of getting those modes next year and not wanting to get a shitty half-finished product at full price. But knowing that it's tied to EAA no matter what and it'll be the same next year and years after means waiting for next year's game won't make a difference. So might as well not miss out on this year's. I hate myself for it, but it's how shit is now.

Anyway, that was a long hypothetical tangent. As other's have said, they're most likely just using this to sell more copies of NHL16. They know this year's will sell like gangbusters either way as it's the first current gen NHL game because they purposefully skipped it last year. So they can strip out all they like. Then bring it back next year to get more people to dip in 2 years in a row. It's entirely a business and profit-maximizing decision, I have almost no doubt.

... They know this year's will sell like gangbusters either way as it's the first current gen NHL game because they purposefully skipped it last year. So they can strip out all they like. Then bring it back next year to get more people to dip in 2 years in a row. It's entirely a business and profit-maximizing decision, I have almost no doubt.

See, I skipped 14 and just kept playing 13. I had planned on getting 15 because its a) next-gen and b) having doc and edzo as announcers. But after seeing the flag jerseys, lack of eashl or gm connected, and docs lack of enthusiasm in the videos that have been released (wheres my SCAARRRRR), i wont be getting this version. sure the hits look better, but thats about all in terms of gameplay.

Carlisle

See, I skipped 14 and just kept playing 13. I had planned on getting 15 because its a) next-gen and b) having doc and edzo as announcers. But after seeing the flag jerseys, lack of eashl or gm connected, and docs lack of enthusiasm in the videos that have been released (wheres my SCAARRRRR), i wont be getting this version. sure the hits look better, but thats about all in terms of gameplay.

I did the same thing actually, and I can't believe I might have to wait yet another year to get this because a billionaire corporation with a monopoly wants to make a few more bucks. It's making me want to skip FIFA this year too and any other EA game on the horizon. But I don't know if I'll take it that far. I'm just really bitter right now.

eznark

Banned
I did the same thing actually, and I can't believe I might have to wait yet another year to get this because a billionaire corporation with a monopoly wants to make a few more bucks. It's making me want to skip FIFA this year too and any other EA game on the horizon. But I don't know if I'll take it that far. I'm just really bitter right now.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Unless your fairly nutty theory about them putting this behind a paywall turns out to be true.

EA Canada is just wholly incapable of replicating the existing game on the new consoles. They are incompetent.

bumpkin

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Unless your fairly nutty theory about them putting this behind a paywall turns out to be true.

EA Canada is just wholly incapable of replicating the existing game on the new consoles. They are incompetent.
They've had the mode in how many versions of the game so far? There is no fucking way it's not basically just something data driven by now. If it's not, then yeah, their software engineers are idiots. But they can't pretend they didn't have a baseline for all of the accompanying UI, especially since they made it for the last gen consoles' versions.

Guys - the mode probably isn't going to be in but that's just speculation at this time. Not confirmed. I'm just saying why explode now - explode when it actually is confirmed ; )

I'm getting it either way. Sorry but I enjoy 1 vs 1 online too much.
I don't think the back covers only saying "1-2" and "2-2" for the XB1 and PS4 respectively under the online multi-player is speculation. It's pretty much confirmation.

Mind you, I don't have any huge vested interest in the EASHL mode being present. I was never good about joining up with a team and being present every time they wanted to play a game.

Last year Madden and FIFA basically I think, ported over their games. For both games, at first it was disappointing cause "I bought a new console to basically have faster menus and a slightly better framerate?" BUT the gameplay in Madden was actually better than previous gen, they didn't leave anything out modes wise. FIFA...I know many have complained about some things left out, but SHIT, at least it came with clubs!

They didn't bother doing that for NHL...AND are excluding it this year. Just mind blowing.

Fixed1979

I'm not sure that dumping this on EA Canada is entirely fair without knowing what mother EA provided them in terms of funding/manpower/expectations. EA as a whole take the blame here.

I'm not sure that dumping this on EA Canada is entirely fair without knowing what mother EA provided them in terms of funding/manpower/expectations. EA as a whole take the blame here.

Agree completely. I imagine it's not a huge team to begin with, and it's their first game on new gen systems - even with the extended dev cycle if they simply don't have the resources then it doesn't matter how talented they are.

w00zey

I am really surprised by the amount of people on here that actually do the online stuff as the primary mode. Sorry to hear that for you guys. I am going to have to start asking my friends but I don't think anyone did gm connected mode or eashl.

Cudder

I get this weird sluggish lag in all my online games in NHL 14 that I never got with 13. It's infuriating and I hope 15 runs smooth online.

Doel

I swear, they do this just to have an extra feature to sell next year's game.

They've lost at least 3 sales from my American friends who were going to play EASHL with me. I'm still buying it, too much of a hockey fan.

Remember: twitch.tv/tsn at 1030am Pacific. Will be joining to flood the chat.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

eznark

Banned
༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE EASHL ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

lol already a total clusterfuck

eznark

Banned
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Nivert

Is this really their first broadcast? I wouldn't blame them for technical issues if it is.

I'm not sure they know about adding a cooldown either by the looks of it.

Is this really their first broadcast? I wouldn't blame them for technical issues if it is.

I'm not sure they know about adding a cooldown either by the looks of it.

It's not difficult to stream to twitch. that's the whole point of twitch. I bet it isn't happening.

this is dumb. An EA Sports game, with NBC branding, being shown on TSN (who is owned by Bell Media)......Why not just admit that the people who want this game wanted canadian branding/commentary and not waste a bunch of money on NBC.....that money could have been spent on the likes of ron maclean or imagine if Don Cherry was in the game, maybe like a post game recap of big hits/saves with his over the top personality.........i want the game i just described instead now.....

Doel

this is dumb. An EA Sports game, with NBC branding, being shown on TSN (who is owned by Bell Media)......Why not just admit that the people who want this game wanted canadian branding/commentary and not waste a bunch of money on NBC.....that money could have been spent on the likes of ron maclean or imagine if Don Cherry was in the game, maybe like a post game recap of big hits/saves with his over the top personality.........i want the game i just described instead now.....

I agree. But also with the Rogers acquisition and CBC losing Hockey Night in Canada, a lot of television elements have yet to be created. You'd be amazed how late all this stuff comes together. So EA wouldn't have been able to have proper Canadian presentation ready for this release.

depward

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EASHL or NO BUY ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

You're going to be disappointed if you think anyone involved with this stream is going to be paying attention to the chat. It's going to be two borderline NHL players trying to out-deke each other for an hour.

depward

"The @Twitch live broadcast of @EASPORTSNHL NHL 15 has been postponed until at least 3pm EST. Thank you for your patience."

Top Bottom