• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#FireJulien

Team is making noticeable improvements in a few areas, but the offense is still completely MIA

Galchenyuk is absolute trash yet again
Red is not around
🤔
Been so busy I've had to watch on delay, he looks like a different player from earlier in the season, and IDGAF what his fancy stats are. Worst is Gallagher who literally looks like a 13th forward right now, I've never seen him play this bad.

I was interested in him, but if he's turning that deal down, then no thanks.

yyzjohn

Banned
we're losing against Toronto over the weekend and we're not making the playoffs, add that to my list of official garbage prediction

At this point you've predicted so much contradictory shit who can even follow anymore? From Habs winning the Cup this year to now not making the playoffs you've got all the angles covered.

Solo

Galchenyuk had zero (0) shot attempt tonight

he's doing this to himself. can't blame the coach anymore, can't blame the wingers, can't blame anyone else

I didn't see the game because Rogers sucks, but the box score I see shows 4 hits, 2 blocks, and 64% in faceoffs....so surely he showed GRIT

It's probably a confidence thing. We've seen this a few times in his career.

Solo

Funny thing with how awful he's been the 15 games post-injury is that AGally still has 30 points in 40 games this season, and that 0.75 ppg is a career high (for the third straight season). It's skewed obviously, and just shows how dominant he was pre-injury with 23 points in 25 games (0.92 ppg).

The thing I feel that both MT, and CJ so far, can't see is that he's not someone who creates space and offense and drives the play. He is a shoot first player who needs to play with someone like Radulov who drives the play and creates space for AGally, and not the other way around.

If somehow the Habs traded for Duchene without giving up AGally, I wouldn't be against him going back to the wing. He plays centre like a winger anyway. But not left wing, where Therrien mistakenly placed him all those years. AGally always is his most deadly on the right side where he can unload that one-timer.

Pikma

Banned
Mike Heika says Nill & Co will likely choose to protect Lehtonen for the expansion draft

giphy.gif

It's going to take time for Galchenyuk to find his form coming off an injury, same with Gallagher who got his hand broken in consecutive seasons.

Look at Stamkos, dude was challenging for the title of best player in the world before breaking his leg in 2014.

He only started to show that form again this season, then he tore his MCL...

Also:

C5bwAK8XQAAGwxf.jpg:large

End of the year going to be like

bX7Eo.gif

imBask

Banned
Yesterday (or was it 2 days ago?), Claude Poirier, a VERY respectable ex-police negotiator turned TV personality and a huge hockey fan, said he got some information that something was going on with Price but he couldn't talk about it. I honestly trust Claude Poirier and he's not the type of guy who would create some a fake news

Considering most of his connections are mostly related to criminal affairs, I think there's something to worry about here

could be anything really, maybe Carey just stole a pack of gum, but i'm just reporting it here in case shit goes down

Solo

It's going to take time for Galchenyuk to find his form coming off an injury, same with Gallagher who got his hand broken in consecutive seasons.

I think AGally will be fine (even if it's on another team), but Gallagher.....I dunno, I think he might be done. Which would be so sad as he's so young. But he has basically lost his hands. His game is based on those hands, him battling it out, and creating havoc in front of the net. Now he has no hands and doesn't win or engage in puck battles anymore like he did when he was like a pitbull out there.

I think AGally will be fine (even if it's on another team), but Gallagher.....I dunno, I think he might be done. Which would be so sad as he's so young. But he has basically lost his hands. His game is based on those hands, him battling it out, and creating havoc in front of the net. Now he has no hands and doesn't win or engage in puck battles anymore like he did when he was like a pitbull out there.

Gallagher will be fine. You can't comeback from a hand injury twice thinking you can just start being yourself again. He will take time. Probably more time than Galchenyuk

Solo

Gallagher will be fine. You can't comeback from a hand injury twice thinking you can just start being yourself again. He will take time. Probably more time than Galchenyuk

Time will tell, but Gallagher looked like shit this year well before he broke the hand a second time.

Solo

Come to think of it, have we seen Therrien since his firing?......Price killed Therrien. There's your hot take.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This happens every single time the team is shit. There's some mysterious story that somehow explains why everything is going wrong.

imBask

Banned
I mean I know you joke about the excuses and the meltdowns and stuff, but we went from an okay hockey team to a team who literally can't land a tape to tape pass. Like, none of them can make a simple pass anymore, I would seriously investigate if there's LSD in the water bottles

there's a big difference between a team playing poorly or being shitty and a team being unable to make peewee passes all of the sudden

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm hoping the Flyers can trade Streit at some point.

They're in that middle part of buy/sell, but they aren't going to contend even if they make the playoffs. Dump some salary, get some picks, and call it a day.

Solo

Isn't it known that Shattenkirk is invoking the Martin St. Louis rule? AKA "I'll accept a trade to the New York Rangers and no where else".

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Unless he is hoping Vegas makes it rain, I doubt it. Especially from a playoff team.

So you are saying a right handed defenseman, with very good production, with the Leafs likely to be in the running with so much cap available... Won't get over $6 mil?

He is likely to be around $7.5 mil... Maybe even more.

Holiday

Banned
Isn't it known that Shattenkirk is invoking the Martin St. Louis rule? AKA "I'll accept a trade to the New York Rangers and no where else".
Apparently there were a few other teams he was considering, but that may have changed, who knows.

Cactus

Banned
So you are saying a right handed defenseman, with very good production, with the Leafs likely to be in the running with so much cap available... Won't get over $6 mil?

Tampa's offer might have been $7m for 6 years, which is very reasonable. Maybe he just didn't want to play there.

Kypreos said that Shattenkirk was fine with Toronto or Montreal. Seems like the kind of thing that a player would say to milk every last dollar out of free agency.

That story about Price and this 'very respected' police associate is so perfectly Montreal. What kind of 'very respected' anyone goes on sports radio and says that?

Yawnier

Banned
Yesterday (or was it 2 days ago?), Claude Poirier, a VERY respectable ex-police negotiator turned TV personality and a huge hockey fan, said he got some information that something was going on with Price but he couldn't talk about it. I honestly trust Claude Poirier and he's not the type of guy who would create some a fake news

Considering most of his connections are mostly related to criminal affairs, I think there's something to worry about here

could be anything really, maybe Carey just stole a pack of gum, but i'm just reporting it here in case shit goes down
This sounds like one of Dopeys scoops from hfboards

So you are saying a right handed defenseman, with very good production,
with the Leafs
likely to be in the running with so much cap available... Won't get over $6 mil?

I said playoff team Dopey.

Fruit was too low, I have no regerts

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Montreal loves this stupid shitty drama, and the media there will give the spotlight to anyone willing to talk.

Can't wait to run some more talent out of town.

The beauty of it is, eventually the media, after latching onto these stories, will annoy the shit of the players with them ad nauseum until the they can't take it anymore.

Then when they're run out of town, everyone is all like, "well those stories must have been true".

Weevilone

Kypreos said that Shattenkirk was fine with Toronto or Montreal. Seems like the kind of thing that a player would say to milk every last dollar out of free agency.

That story about Price and this 'very respected' police associate is so perfectly Montreal. What kind of 'very respected' anyone goes on sports radio and says that?

Apparently he said he'd go to Tampa also, but then nixed a pretty solid extension offer to blow it up. Edit: Rumor of course

Cake Boss

Banned
Montreal loves this stupid shitty drama, and the media there will give the spotlight to anyone willing to talk.

Can't wait to run some more talent out of town.

The beauty of it is, eventually the media, after latching onto these stories, will annoy the shit of the players with them ad nauseum until the they can't take it anymore.

Then when they're run out of town, everyone is all like, "well those stories must have been true".

And how come free agents don't sign here, Toronto has a bigger media.

Silexx

BTW, Cake Boss, this should debunk the Ceci-for-Drouin trade that the Sens were too scared to make myth for ya. ;)

James Gordon
@James_J_Gordon

Heard from credible person on these matters that Tampa was asking for Ceci, White and a first-rounder. Was never a one-for-one re: Drouin

Some Positive Habs News regarding our Goalie future.

Owen Sound Attack‏ @AttackOHL

GAME. OVER!

Michael McNiven picks up the 5-0 shutout to tie Jordan Binnington for most wins in a single season with 32!

How did this guy go undrafted is crazy. He's 32-9-1 with 6 shutouts.

Top Bottom