• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Line_HTX

Yesterday (or was it 2 days ago?), Claude Poirier, a VERY respectable ex-police negotiator turned TV personality and a huge hockey fan, said he got some information that something was going on with Price but he couldn't talk about it. I honestly trust Claude Poirier and he's not the type of guy who would create some a fake news

Considering most of his connections are mostly related to criminal affairs, I think there's something to worry about here

could be anything really, maybe Carey just stole a pack of gum, but i'm just reporting it here in case shit goes down

Carey Price committed a crime!

BWONG!

Merguson

Banned
BEAKING NEWS: Today's Curtis McElhinney fan meet and greet has been cancelled. Package deal with Bozak for Hamilton? Stay tuned!

Lol what a mess

i got an email saying i won a chance for a meet and greet with Curtis McElhinney despite never signing up

then i get the email they made a mistake and so i didn't win anything

then the whole thing is cancelled

Cake Boss

Banned
Not even sure why that made me laugh so much. Just perfect delivery to go with the pic I guess.

raw

PillarEN

Not even sure why that made me laugh so much. Just perfect delivery to go with the pic I guess.

Chris Philips really should throw out those jeans. It's cool to have rips and degradation on any part EXCEPT for the very bottom. That just means you've been stepping on your jeans too much. Usually not an issue with shoes on but when your shoes are off.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it known that Shattenkirk is invoking the Martin St. Louis rule? AKA "I'll accept a trade to the New York Rangers and no where else".

It's more like "I'll accept a trade to the New York Rangers and no where else unless they're going to give me waaaaaay more money."

The question is more whether Shattenkirk becomes a Ranger on March 1 or July 1 than anything else, unless the Rangers go a different way. There are a few competing interests here for the Rangers, as they don't want to do a blockbuster future-mortgaging trade yet again after doing one several years in a row now (Eric Staal last year, Yandle the year before, St. Louis the year before that, Gaborik to the BJs for Brass and company the year before that, Nash the year before that, etc.), even if most of those honestly paid off pretty well. The Eric Staal deal was the only real trainwreck of the bunch. At the same time, they have a very very strong need for a RD, and they have a good $10m or so in deadline cap space to work with, putting them in a much better position than in any of those years to add a major contract for the rest of the season. Girardi is almost certainly getting bought out in the offseason, freeing up the lion's share of the cap space we would need to sign him long term.

I'm still not really sold on the idea, honestly, and I'm not even remotely as gung ho on going all in on Shattenkirk as it seems like almost all of the rest of the online Rangers fandom is, but it's looking increasingly plausible. Maybe not at the deadline, though.

For what it's worth, Dreger says the Rangers are zeroing in on Brendan Smith, which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense since he's a lefty, and it hasn't really seemed like the Rangers have been watching the Red Wings all that closely. Curiously they've been watching the Kings like hawks, though.

Curufinwe

I'm hoping the Flyers can trade Streit at some point.

They're in that middle part of buy/sell, but they aren't going to contend even if they make the playoffs. Dump some salary, get some picks, and call it a day.

Ideally they would dump Streit, MDZ, VdV, Bellemare and one of the goalies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BEAKING NEWS: Today's Curtis McElhinney fan meet and greet has been cancelled. Package deal with Bozak for Hamilton? Stay tuned!

Lol what a mess

i got an email saying i won a chance for a meet and greet with Curtis McElhinney despite never signing up

then i get the email they made a mistake and so i didn't win anything

then the whole thing is cancelled

Yup got the same, was so confused.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I understand Gallaghers lack of physical play because of his hands, but it's his mental state that worries me too, he just keeps making awful passes and stupid plays.

Man, the Sens are gonna fleece the Avs.

Ceci + White + 1st for fucking Matt Duchene
Ill die laughing if that's what the Avs get for Duchene, then I'll start crying.

Weevilone

I'm still not really sold on the idea, honestly, and I'm not even remotely as gung ho on going all in on Shattenkirk as it seems like almost all of the rest of the online Rangers fandom is, but it's looking increasingly plausible. Maybe not at the deadline, though.

I didn't think Shattenkirk was very good defensively last year in the playoffs and he's had plenty of mistakes this year. It's the offensive side where he gets the praise. On the conference final run last year he was a -8 with 11 points (2-9) in 20 games played.

He's been a plus player once in the playoffs (14-15) though usually he's been close to level in our short runs.

I think he should have taken the recent deal he turned down, rumored to be with Tampa for $42M.

I like the Berglund deal. He had pretty much a lost season+ during his current contract b/c he didn't get a shoulder fixed when needed. Playing thru it and doing rehab didn't get it done.

He's back from that and stronger now, playing the right way. And though I know it doesn't add to the win column, he wants to be here and that's worth something from a fan perspective. There will be a lot of Blues fans complaining though. I'm convinced the Jackman haters switched to Berglund when Jax didn't get re-signed.

Solo

Waiting on Bergevin to make a move....

giphy.gif

Keep waiting. My guess is that he realizes the team isn't a contender, despite what he thought coming into the season and after the 13-1 start, nor is it a rebuilding team, and as such, stands pat and just rides it out with the current roster. Especially if the Sens swoop in and land Duchene.

Or I'm way off and he trades AAGally during the 2nd intermission tomorrow night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looking at the standings, it might actually be the best case scenario for the Habs to finish 2nd in the Atlantic, I'd much rather face Ottawa, Toronto, or another Atlantic team over getting the division title and having to face a metro team in the first round.

Keep waiting. My guess is that he realizes the team isn't a contender, despite what he thought coming into the season and after the 13-1 start, nor is it a rebuilding team, and as such, stands pat and just rides it out with the current roster. Especially if the Sens swoop in and land Duchene.

Or I'm way off and he trades AAGally during the 2nd intermission tomorrow night.
No way, this is his career on the line at this point. He has no choice but to make the playoffs or he's probably toast, he has to make a move to secure his own job. I understand he's waiting for prices to drop, like every other GM, I'm just afraid he waits too long.

Top Bottom