• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Teams coming off their bye week are now 3-16 in their first game back after today's games

Edit: Just saw Radulov wants 6 years......that's a lot of term for a guy who's already older

fe5bdd3a60af4ec8adab15afe812f73e.png

Babcock made some dumb ass comment postgame about how Ben Smith has great intangibles or some shit.

$6 mil a year to tell me Ben Smith has great intangibles.

Fuck off Mike.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started right now:

Bruins @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Panthers @ Senators

Flames @ Wild
Blues @ Blackhawks
Predators @ Sharks
Ducks @ Oilers

Teams coming off their bye week are now 3-16 in their first game back after today's games

Edit: Just saw Radulov wants 6 years......that's a lot of term for a guy who's already older

I'll give him 4 years.... I don't think 6 is worth it unless he can take a hometown discount

PillarEN

Yesterday the Wings game was on TV here in the CZ. several times the Czech commentator kept mentioning that Steve Ott is a big candidate to be traded at the deadline. This is confusing to me. What playoff team would want Steve Ott to help them get to the Cup?

He's a 4th line enforcer. I know that the playoffs are chippy and someone who can stir up some shit and cause someone to take a dumb penalty is nice and all, but I don't see why you couldn't just demand that one of your last line players becomes a bit of a shit heel while maybe having a chance to also be worth something small offensively. Steve Ott seems like the player that gets scratched for the playoffs except for maybe a game or 2 in a series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Today begins the most ridiculous stretch of the season for the Rangers.

Today: vs. Capitals
Tuesday: vs. Canadiens
Thursday: @ Maple Leafs
Saturday: @ Devils
Sunday: vs. Blue Jackets
Tuesday: vs. Capitals
Thursday: @ Bruins
Saturday: vs. Canadiens
Monday: @ Lightning
Tuesday: @ Panthers
Thursday: @ Hurricanes

That's 3 weeks of games every other day with 2 back-to-backs thrown in with no extra days off, against almost nothing but playoff hunt teams (including 4 games against division leaders). 11 games in 19 days.

This stretch is followed by 4 consecutive sets of back-to-backs, which is also ridiculous, but at least there are extra days between all of them.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Buchnevich-Lindberg-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Klein

Lundqvist

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hank looks off his game so far. The horrible tragedies of the weekend back home in Sweden must be weighing on his mind.

EDIT: MAC!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ZBAD!

I'll keep posting until somebody decides to show up here. :D

EDIT: Well, nevermind. Don't bother to play a replay or anything, NBC.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone here interested in buying CIB N64, GCN, PS3, DS, GBA or 360 games? Will send PMs to you guys first before posting in the BST thread.

/spam

Top Bottom