• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

CCF23

vivlA.jpg

Enough HOPE. Enough NOPE.

We're dropping the puck.

CCF23

Fuck it. I posted it. Wanted to keep it minimalist. We need this right now. WE HAVE HOCKEY. LET'S FUCKING GET IT ON.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I gladly admit defeat. Let the illegitimate Cup-runs begin!
Unless the Canucks win, of course.

Waking up to watch the WJCs threw off my internal clock enough that I'm awake earlier than normal...at least I wasn't too late on hearing about it!

From other thread:

Any other NHLgaf have twitter? I want to follow. Even the nopers.

List

edit: Tentative deal in place on Ed Snider's 80th birthday.

Hopefully Meszaros'll be ready...last injury report had said that if we started in January, he might be ready for opening night.

Erdrick

Subscribed.

Lets get this gong show started.

It'll be interesting to see some of the conditions of players coming into the training camps. Byfuglien, Wellwood and Evander Kane are big question marks for me. Kane, esp. better be in game shape when needed considering the contract he got just before the old CBA expired.

Time for Burmistrov to come back up from the AHL too, perhaps.

CCF23

FUCK ALL THE MEMBERS OF TEAM HOPE/NOPE THAT AREN'T CANUCKS FANS. BATTLE LINES DRAWN ONCE AGAIN.

CCF23

No more HRR. No more pension. No more make whole. No more linkage. No more variance or term.

Goals. Assists. Wins. Losses. Save percentage. STANLEY FUCKING CUP.

We got our Selanne, our RPG line, our Hiller, our Fowler, our questionable D and our new studs...

Bring on the 2013 Anaheim Ducks.

We're gonna be fucking hot this year.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
eberle+hall.jpg

"Awesome. We were getting bored of dominating the AHL."

1297357367397_ORIGINAL.jpg

"Tell me about it."

tambellini_steve487_381.jpg

"Let me get this straight. We can finish 17th and still get the 1st overall pick? Hahahahha"

Game on, bitches.

Alucard

Banned
Interesting...

"John Shannon of Sportsnet reports that teams will only play within their conferences."

LET'S DO THIS.

crosby%3Dheel.png

mariojagr1.jpg

"These greedy fucks, eh Mario? I was averaging 4 million a year and winning scoring titles in the mid-90s. Good times."
"The years we won our Cups, I was only making 2 million, Jags. 2 fucking million. Max Talbot makes more than that today. LOL."
"Shit is a mess and out of control."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thread title!

<3

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Interesting...

"John Shannon of Sportsnet reports that teams will only play within their conferences."

Not surprising. Easier to schedule and the league is really pushing these interdivisional rivalries now with the new realignment.

Plinko

Had they played a full season, I would have stuck with my prediction of Detroit missing the playoffs for the first time in ages.

Now I'm not so sure. With such a short camp and season it's going to be mayhem this year.

CCF23

I'm so happy I can do this:

Western Conference:

01. Vancouver
02. St. Louis
03. LA
04. Chicago
05. SJ
06. Nashville
07. Detroit
08. Dallas
--------------------------
09. Minnesota
10. Phoenix
11. Edmonton
12. Colorado
13. Anaheim
14. Calgary
15. Columbus

Eastern Conference:

01. NYR
02. Boston
03. Carolina
04. Pittsburgh
05. Philly
06. Washington
07. Buffalo
08. TB
----------------------------
09. NJ
10. Ottawa
11. Florida
12. Toronto
13. Montreal
14. Winnipeg
15. NYI

Alucard

Banned
For public image, the best choice to win the Cup this season is clearly Pittsburgh, with Crosby leading the way and dominating everybody.

Alucard

Banned
Let's do a little segment called, "What the Lockout Taught Me."

-I can live happily without hockey
-Internet sports journalism is a joke
-Hockey players are children

Brinbe

Come on Vancouver!

We will take luongo for a 2nd!

We will save you that compliance buyout!

:)

Ha, this week is gonna be obnoxious with that Lu to Leafs talk. Anyway, glad they finally got it done. Playoffs or tank is the preferred result this truncated season, but knowing this team, we're gunning for 9th!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ha, this week is gonna be obnoxious with that Lu to Leafs talk. Anyway, glad they finally got it done. Playoffs or tank is the preferred result this truncated season, but knowing this team, we're gunning for 9th!

Nothing can happen until ratification anyways which will hopefully be Tuesday or Wednesday

Is this set in stone?! Sabres cup, 2013!

It's an agreement in principle

Now they have to draft the CBA (lots of paperwork), sign all the documents and legal papers.... Owners have to vote on it, players have to vote on it... Ratified.

Season starts either next Tuesday for 50 games or next Saturday for 48 games

pringles

Gonna be a crazy 'season'. Anything can happen.. I'm fucking excited though.

It's great that Brunner and Zetterberg have been building chemistry and tearing it up in the swiss league, maybe they can carry some of that over.

Otherwise I'm completely unsure of how we will do.

For public image, the best choice to win the Cup this season is clearly Pittsburgh, with Crosby leading the way and dominating everybody.
...but that would make everyone hate hockey again and wish it went away forever!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I bet the Leafs are the happiest that there's a potential new CBA because they didn't qualify once for the playoffs under the last one.

Alucard

Banned
Gonna be a crazy 'season'. Anything can happen.. I'm fucking excited though.

It's great that Brunner and Zetterberg have been building chemistry and tearing it up in the swiss league, maybe they can carry some of that over.

Otherwise I'm completely unsure of how we will do.

...but that would make everyone hate hockey again and wish it went away forever!

Not if you want to hit the mainstream market!

I don't care about basketball, but I'll pay attention more if Lebron's dominating.

Top Bottom