• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

pringles

Hey look! We get Z and Howard back tonight, Kindl in for Lashoff. So Ovi will only score 3 goals against us in the next 2 games now.
Caps are in a horrible slump so it's almost guaranteed we will be blown out in both games. I will be happy with 1 point and <5 new injuries.

yyzjohn

Banned
Raymond? Kule? Can't see who else that wouldn't have someone coming back.

Was playing around with cap geek and it made my head hurt having McLaren and Orr taking up cap space and having to demote guys that can actually skate like Holland and Bodie. I think the Leafs will dump guys they can in the minors, only player listed on LTIR is Bolland so they still have Clarkson's number against the cap. Might have to deal someone to make room, maybe Raymond, maybe McClement, not sure.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hey look! We get Z and Howard back tonight, Kindl in for Lashoff. So Ovi will only score 3 goals against us in the next 2 games now.

Caps are in a horrible slump so it's almost guaranteed we will be blown out in both games. I will be happy with 1 point and <5 new injuries.

Can't we all just be happy with the fact that Cleary is scratched?

TUSR

Banned
tumblr_mkprgymCjV1qa5ui1o1_1280.png

Merguson

Banned
Was playing around with cap geek and it made my head hurt having McLaren and Orr taking up cap space and having to demote guys that can actually skate like Holland and Bodie. I think the Leafs will dump guys they can in the minors, only player listed on LTIR is Bolland so they still have Clarkson's number against the cap. Might have to deal someone to make room, maybe Raymond, maybe McClement, not sure.

I don't see McClement or Raymond going anywhere.

We're probably dealing with the slew of forwards we have such as McLaren, Orr, Ashton, Bodie and Smith.

Maybe Holland if he is still eligible to be sent down.

We have 10 forwards that will be staying for sure, when healthy. That leaves two spots for the six guys mentioned.

yyzjohn

Banned

We're probably dealing with the slew of forwards we have such as McLaren, Orr, Ashton, Bodie and Smith.

We have 10 forwards that will be staying for sure, when healthy. That leaves two spots for the six guys mentioned.

They don't just carry 20 players though, you need a 23 man roster. Try working out the salaries on cap geek and you'll see for yourself, not that easy with Bolland back in. Carry a 7th d-man for insurance and 2 other forwards in the press box. All count against the cap.

Can't we all just be happy with the fact that Cleary is scratched?

I already did that once and it backfired into terrible pain and disappointment, not going to get excited this time until the team is on the ice without Danny boy.

HOPE!!!!!

I'm unsure if I will be negative about this game, we have Z back, Cleary is out, Howard is in and hopefully plays like he did before he got injured. However, the Caps pretty much have owned us over the years and know how to beat us. I'll miss the game regardless because of drop-in, but I may be slightly optimistic about this game, I know, shocking right?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They have busses here that are 90 bucks round trip that take 7 hours with free wifi. So its just a matter of hotel really, that and im having another child in april so my better half has to sign off, so it wouldnt be super costly. Id much prefer to actually go to the game but I suppose some of you are OK enough to drive uo and have a few beers with, how far is the pub from the game? Wonder if I could manage both.

Besides its been like a year since ive had tim hortons, I need that THC.

Given that the game is in Toronto and not Vancouver, you most definitely won't be able to do both. ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Edmonton keeps scraping from the bottom of the "Scrappy / gritty / character" player barrel. Someone should tell Mac T you need actual talent to win.

Edmonton keeps scraping from the bottom of the "Scrappy / gritty / character" player barrel. Someone should tell Mac T you need actual talent to win.

What? Fraser is a solid D-man with a great physical presence. <puts down glass of bleach>

I think Nonis needs to flex his onions and send Orr and McLaren down to the AHL.

McLaren is broken physically, and Orr's had a conversion on the road to Damascus after seeing Parros cave his face in on the ice.

Merguson

Banned
They don't just carry 20 players though, you need a 23 man roster. Try working out the salaries on cap geek and you'll see for yourself, not that easy with Bolland back in. Carry a 7th d-man for insurance and 2 other forwards in the press box. All count against the cap.

But don't forget management said they were willing go with less than 23 players for the season earlier on.

They could go with a 22-man roster. That's feasible depending on who is on the main roster.

LevelNth

Banned
But don't forget management said they were willing go with less than 23 players for the season earlier on.

They could go with a 22-man roster. That's feasible depending on who is on the main roster.
Leafs also have the advantage of having the Marlies right next door, so we only need emergency guys for road trips. Call ups can be made 2 hours before game time if need be.

Also I found out Bodie still has 2 games of eligibility before he needs to clear waivers. So he's definitely getting sent down after Saturday, along with probably Ashton.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They were promised 'big changes' D:

Surprisingly, last year before the head and knee injury, he really would've been the exact type of guy they needed. Now? Well, at least they still have that first overall pick.

Top Bottom