• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Quick

Banned
Happy New Year.

Happy Birthday, Marvie.

Happy Birthday, NHL. 100 years in November. That's a big deal right.

May your salt remain on the ice and on each other. Fuck you all.

giphy.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Happy New Year, may all your team have more success than the Canucks so we can come last and still pick 3rd overall because fuck the draft lottery

And I was just getting used to the old thread.

New Year's predictions:

- VGK nabs the 1st overall
- Chayka is fired by December
- Maurice is fired by April (in reply to Yawnier, I think he might be one of the reasons the Jest are struggling)
- Laine wins the Calder
- Therrien becomes GM of the Habs, Bergevin stays on as team pres.
- Tortorella wins the Jack Adams

And I was just getting used to the old thread.

New Year's predictions:

- VGK nabs the 1st overall
- Chayka is fired by December
- Maurice is fired by April (in reply to Yawnier, I think he might be one of the reasons the Jest are struggling)
- Laine wins the Calder
- Therrien becomes GM of the Habs, Bergevin stays on as team pres.
- Tortorella wins the Jack Adams

Do you think Marner takes votes from Matthews because I don't see how Laine wins the Calder. He has slowed down while Matthews just keeps getting better.

zroid

Banned
Do you think Marner takes votes from Matthews because I don't see how Laine wins the Calder. He has slowed down while Matthews just keeps getting better.

Matthews gonna slip on the bad ice this afternoon, cause he's never played outdoors before. Break his arm, out for the rest of the season. :(

Let's make some 2017 predictions (Habs Edition)

Carr ,Andrighetto or Plekanec will be traded during trade deadline

Markov will retire at the end of the season

Gallagher will score goals again

Lehkonen will have a decent rest of the season

Galchenyuk will be back and on be a tear

Price will get out of his Mediocre Funk

Desharnais will be put on Waivers because Danault has took his role and earns the trust of Therrien

Habs trade for some bottom pairing Defenceman maybe try their luck at getting a top 4 and fail

Therrien won't be fired(?)

Kirk Muller or Patrick Roy becomes the first Coach of the Vegas Golden Knights

Radulov re signs with Montreal

Byron or trade target becomes an important player in the playoffs

Shaw will score a Playoff series winning goal and all of HabsGAF will love him.

We lose in the second round or lose in the ECF to Columbus.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
David Desharnais signs a three year extension because Bergevin is unable to trade for another centre and thinks this is good enough.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nah

Danault is our 3rd line centre now when the lines aren't mixed up.

Desharnais won't be brought back... I hope

2017 is the year of pessimism, get with it cat.

Davey is our first line centre, for now and forever. Plekanec will be gone in the summer and Bergevin won't know what to do.

2017 is the year of pessimism, get with it cat.

Davey is our first line centre, for now and forever. Plekanec will be gone in the summer and Bergevin won't know what to do.

God I can't wait for Plekanec to be gone

Just go away and go to the KHL where you belong

zroid

Banned
the Predators are lending their support to the opposition of a discriminatory bathroom bill in Tennessee

good on em

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Centennial Classic is delayed 30 minutes because of sunlight.

Reminds me of during the World Series hockey people laughing at baseball for not playing with a bit of rain. Meanwhile as someone pointed out hockey delaying games because it's too bright.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Centennial Classic is delayed 30 minutes because of sunlight.

Reminds me of during the World Series hockey people laughing at baseball for not playing with a bit of rain. Meanwhile as someone pointed out hockey delaying games because it's too bright.

I mean, the Stanley Cup isn't played outdoors.

zroid

Banned
I don't really agree. Some players just excel against weak competition. These are the players who put up points in the junior leagues, but struggle in the NHL which you see all the time. I remember this was particularly pronounced when I looked at Faksa's draft year gamelogs and saw that a disproportionate amount of his point total came against garbage teams like Erie that year.

ok but the sample size is way too small to worry about that kind of thing

i mean drawing conclusions from this tournament in general is a bad idea

Top Bottom