• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

kesssssssssselllllllllllllll :(

temp1.gif_zpsxb7xkuul.gif~original

My New Years prediction for the fly guys is that they will make me drunk even when I'm gonna say I'm not gonna drink much anymore

zroid

Banned
The problem isn't that you shouldn't be drawing any conclusions to the tournament, it's weighting the tournament over everything else. When you weigh his disappointing juniors performance with his disappointing NHL debut and the opinion of intelligent scouts (Pronman recently said that he sees brother Ryan as Strome's closest NHL comparable...not exactly high praise) it starts to become concerning.

Pronman is and has always been very high on Ryan Strome I believe, so I don't think using that as a criticism is fair. I understand there is some higher degree of weight you should place on the WJC for evaluation but at the end of the day it's 4 games. So for a 3rd overall pick he's already been a disappointment because generally you would already be in the NHL by now. If that is his fault or not is also difficult to parse since he's only played 7 NHL games and hardly any minutes, and the Coyotes are a tire fire.

This is probably the stage where the Coyotes are thinking maybe we should have drafted Marner or Werenski instead, but not much more than that. His status as a high end prospect hasn't changed much in my view.

Erdrick

Jets put Burmistrov on waivers

The new year is starting off right. Good riddance. He's been worse and worse as time has gone on. Would rather have people who play with effort instead of just coasting. That could apply to a few others on this team, to be honest, as of late.

iLLmAtlc

The game is delayed eh? They should just delay it all the way to the evening like the capitals/pens one, that was the best!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like most of the daytime outdoor games have had their starts delayed at this point. The only ones where it hasn't that I can think of were games where it was already snowing, so the lighting was flat.

It's almost as if maybe continuing to schedule games at potential peak sunlight times of day is a stupid idea.

zroid

Banned
I feel like most of the daytime outdoor games have had their starts delayed at this point. The only ones where it hasn't that I can think of were games where it was already snowing, so the lighting was flat.

It's almost as if maybe continuing to schedule games at potential peak sunlight times of day is a stupid idea.

Funnily enough Scott Oake just asked Colin Campbell why they don't schedule the games at night, and his response was because "you guys (AKA Sportsnet) want them in the afternoon."

awkward :lol

PillarEN

Funnily enough Scott Oake just asked Colin Campbell why they don't schedule the games at night, and his response was because "you guys (AKA Sportsnet) want them in the afternoon."

Could have made the Euro population feel extra special and say it was so we could watch the game in sane hours.

iLLmAtlc

Sounds like a half truth. I doubt sportsnet wants it then, but I'm sure NBC does tho (99% of their games are on at 12 pm est)

Socreges

Banned
Coach's decision, so not a health issue. He should get a shot with the Sedins instead of Jayson freaking Megna.
Just noticed he played one game a week ago.

Poor guy had so much promise before his streak of injuries. Hope he can rediscover his scoring touch

Quick

Banned
wasn't a huge fan of these centennial classic jerseys at first, but they look nice in action

Winter Classic jersey still beats it, but it's a nice change from the usual Leafs jersey designs.

I like that both teams' jerseys aren't full-on retro/retro-inspired jerseys. The St. Pats nod with the chest and arm striping is something new for the Leafs, not sure I'd keep it for an alternate jersey design though.

Top Bottom