• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Hunter S.

I hope he told the Avalanche organization the truth (eg he's innocent) and they believe him and that's why they're starting him.

If he's guilty and lied to the Avalanche, starting him will reflect pretty badly on the organization, so I hope they know what they're doing.

Everyone that follows the team knows the turn around is mostly due to great goaltending from Varly and Giggy. They have 3 million invested into him this year. The court system will punish or give innocence to the person. The orginization has no reason to punish him. It is not like he smoked a little legal marijuana. :-D

Acid08

Banned
Vlasic and Braun are leading the league in +/- playing the toughest competition every night. Cannot explain how fucking exciting it is having two guys brought up through the system quietly turning into an elite shutdown pair. Vlasic even has started to find his offensive game a bit this season.

I hope he told the Avalanche organization the truth (eg he's innocent) and they believe him and that's why they're starting him.

If he's guilty and lied to the Avalanche, starting him will reflect pretty badly on the organization, so I hope they know what they're doing.
I assume he made his case, Roy said the organization is fully behind him and Sakic is part of that decision. Mr classy don't fuck around.

Samyy

Thread title is jokes, someone post the wall of shame from the last thread

MatQktG.png

top 10
Honorable mention to TUSR
4/10 are Leafs! Wait I guess Coldplay counts as half? 4.5!
Yea I suck at cropping

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I ended up with more than 19&21? Could've sworn he was first for like 90% of the month...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tortorella said:
Our league is Neanderthal … when they call the Sedins soft. They don’t have a clue what these guys are about
Torts is speaking my language now.

I ended up with more than 19&21? Could've sworn he was first for like 90% of the month...
It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kulemin is skating today, they expect he should be playing tomorrow night.

We are almost fully healthy.

pringles

FUCK YES

THANK YOU GILLIS

THANK YOU SEDINS

THANK YOU HOMETOWN DISCOUNT

Was expecting a Datsyuk-like contract, this is great.

They probably "only" took 7 mio to allow Gillis to still be able to ice a team theoretically able to win a cup around them.
Yeah that 0.500mil more Datsyuk will get really makes a difference!

Great deals for the Sedins, they'll be at this level or close to it probably the duration of it. I hope they get a cup before they're done.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MatQktG.png

top 10
Honorable mention to TUSR
4/10 are Leafs! Wait I guess Coldplay counts as half? 4.5!
Yea I suck at cropping

I apparently had exactly 300 posts in there. I like that, nice round number. And probably just a little below the Oilers' goals against by the end of the season.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah that 0.500mil more Datsyuk will get really makes a difference!

Great deals for the Sedins, they'll be at this level or close to it probably the duration of it. I hope they get a cup before they're done.

That's my point though, they didn't get unreasonable contracts, just like Datsyuk. Datsyuk has a good contract, too.

Var

Whoa, look at those post totals. Smiley had more posts last month than I have had my entire time on GAF.

As the self-appointed captain of Avs GAF and I'd like to say on behalf of Avs GAF, we better play a better game tonight than we did our last game against Dallas.

Fuck the Avs.

What a joke. Only going to be a distraction to the team by starting him. Giggy is more than capable for them.
It's just such a weird thing for them to do as an organization. Maybe they know something internally that we don't, but on the outside, it looks like they're not taking the allegations by his wife seriously at all and playing it as if nothing's happened.

That'd be bad if he's actually found guilty.

It's just such a weird thing for them to do as an organization. Maybe they know something internally that we don't, but on the outside, it looks like they're not taking the allegations by his wife seriously at all and playing it as if nothing's happened.

That'd be bad if he's actually found guilty.

Right. Not to mention if that isn't the case, what message is that sending to your young players and such.

This looks bad on the entire league.

You guys are hilarious.

Nothing she has said has been validated. Why the fuck would anyone change their life around until that happens?

You've just been accused of very serious crimes.

You're a professional athlete ergo a public figure.

Your presence around the team will draw negative attention.

Exactly my point.

"Don't worry about staying out of trouble! You can start in the mean time!"

We'd better stop keyboard warrioring though, Spectre.
Hell, it's not even keyboard warrioring, it's just common PR sense. They're taking a gamble on him being innocent, if he's not, they look terrible afterwards.

"Hey, we let a wife-beater continue playing even after he was arrested because we want to increase our wins!"

So no different than any other professional sports league?
But the NHL is supposed to be different from other leagues in that regards. There is noticeably player shittiness happening off the ice than in the NFL, NBA or MLB.

You guys are hilarious.

Nothing she has said has been validated. Why the fuck would anyone change their life around until that happens?
First off, domestic violence is a very serious accusation and the details she's been releasing are really really bad.

Secondly. Varlamov TURNED HIMSELF in, which given the lack of information otherwise, makes him look very bad. If you were completely innocent, why on earth would you turn yourself in to be arrested?

You've just been accused of very serious crimes.

You're a professional athlete ergo a public figure.

Your presence around the team will draw negative attention.

That's all well and good, but until some evidence comes up, and more importantly, until he's proven guilty, why should he or anyone associated with him have to change a damn thing? It's ridiculous to think that the right thing to do here is put everything else on hold when the allegations haven't been proven one way or another. Why does a person's celebrity mean they have to act to a different standard than say a plumber facing the same allegations in the same circumstance?

Top Bottom