• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The pressure of being a star center coming into Toronto would be unbearable

yyzjohn

Banned
I know a lot of you guys love Lupul but I'd like to see him gone. He's regressed offensively, and is a huge liability defensively. Also with his age he'll get injured multiple times each season.

Samyy

Kadri for Johansson.

KLyJGLZ.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
I know a lot of you guys love Lupul but I'd like to see him gone. He's regressed offensively, and is a huge liability defensively. Also with his age he'll get injured multiple times each season.

I'll take another winger from the Leafs, last one worked out so nicely.

MYYYYY LIIIIEEEEGGGGEEEE

Career high 23 goals.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'll take another winger from the Leafs, last one worked out so nicely.

MYYYYY LIIIIEEEEGGGGEEEE

Career high 23 goals.

You sure about that? You picked up an ex Leaf and missed the playoffs. Pick up another off the 18 wheeler and you might be even worse.

So Dave Nonis, thoughts?

+'s
- Signed Bernier
- Signed Raymond

-'s
- Released MacArthur
- Bought out Grabovksi
- Signed Clarkson
- Re-signed Bozak
- Didn't fire Carlyle

Samyy

So Dave Nonis, thoughts?

+'s
- Signed Bernier
- Signed Raymond

-'s
- Released MacArthur
- Bought out Grabovksi
- Signed Clarkson
- Re-signed Bozak
- Didn't fire Carlyle

I can't expect him to fire Carlyle after getting back into the playoffs but I'll real pissed if he's around after the season ends. All-in-all he's been a big fat MEH and maybe a little BLEGH.

You guys still don't like Bozak?

1C Bozak? Gawsh no. Never have, never will. He lost 2 draws tonight when the Leafs absolutely needed him to win.

2C/3C Bozak? Yes.

Samyy, Nonis should have fired him just for the Game 7 collapse. Now we have 2 historic collapses thanks in large part to Carlyle.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's nothing but a stop gap, and its mainly his contract, five years is too long. I'd hope he isn't around for 5 years because that means we've failed to acquire a real #1.

Forgot he was signed for five years, but if he can keep up his current point pace I'd say he's earning that $4.2, plus he seems fine defensively, and great on faceoffs. You're biggest problem is Dion being paid franchise defenseman money.

Edit: Montreal has been playing without a true number one centre for what feels like forever now, I know that feel.

Samyy

Forgot he was signed for five years, but if he can keep up his current point pace I'd say he's earning that $4.2, plus he seems fine defensively, and great on faceoffs. You're biggest problem is Dion being paid franchise defenseman money.

Your bound to put up points when you play between two guys who have put up like 120 this season.
I'm more just annoyed at how the plebs think he is a real #1.

Edit: Montreal has been playing without a true number one centre for what feels like forever now, I know that feel.

Well...congrats on Galchenyuk :(

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Your bound to put up points when you play between two guys who have put up like 120 this season.
I'm more just annoyed at how the plebs think he is a real #1.

Well...congrats on Galchenyuk :(

That's the hope, unfortunately Desharnais will be blocking him, at least he's been putting up points though.

yyzjohn

Banned
So Dave Nonis, thoughts?

+'s
- Signed Bernier
- Signed Raymond

-'s
- Released MacArthur
- Bought out Grabovksi
- Signed Clarkson
- Re-signed Bozak
- Didn't fire Carlyle

Keeping Bozak is far from a minus. The fact he's miscast as a #1 is on Nonis but he's still a good player.

Merguson

Banned
So Dave Nonis, thoughts?

+'s
- Signed Bernier
- Signed Raymond

-'s
- Released MacArthur
- Bought out Grabovksi
- Signed Clarkson
- Re-signed Bozak
- Didn't fire Carlyle

Bozak is fine. I think the Leafs offered MacArthur a contract but he didn't want to stay. So released is.. the wrong word?

On the fence about Grabovski. If he stayed, he would be in the same role. We can't have that. Can't have a 3rd line forward making over $5 millio- oh.... I see...

yyzjohn

Banned
Bozak is fine. I think the Leafs offered MacArthur a contract but he didn't want to stay. So released is.. the wrong word?

On the fence about Grabovski. If he stayed, he would be in the same role. We can't have that. Can't have a 3rd line forward making over $5 millio- oh.... I see...

Think Mac had issues with Carlyle so keeping Randy screwed
Leafs in more ways than one.

Samyy

Yeah, probably. I'm not really giving a shit for some reason. Our team defense has plagued us for a long time. MacArthur doesn't help it in any way.

Okay let me see here...
Not signing McArthur led to us signing Clarkson which leads to big cap issues which leads us to being unable to fix the defines.

Merguson

Banned
Okay let me see here...
Not signing McArthur led to us signing Clarkson which leads to big cap issues which leads us to being unable to fix the defines.

Wasn't everyone saying that the Leafs couldn't sign both Kadri and Franson? But they ended up signing both of them along with Raymond? I'll wait and see.

Samyy

Wasn't everyone saying that the Leafs couldn't sign both Kadri and Franson? But they ended up signing both of them along with Raymond? I'll wait and see.

Just look at how many players we have to sign for next season and how much cap space we have

22mil in cap space and 10 players need to sign

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I never understood why Burke was given the boot only to replaced by his right hand man. Always seemed like a sideways move.

Samyy

I never understood why Burke was given the boot only to replaced by his right hand man. Always seemed like a sideways move.

I think upper management liked what Burke was doing, but didn't like him personally due to his media antics, and I guess thought Nonis would suffice.
Of course, the realms of Leaf upper management may not be filled with the brightest of hockey bulbs so its hard to guess.

Samyy

If your team won the lottery, who would you hope your team took?

Reinhart? Ekblad? Bennett? Dal Colle?

Probably Ekblad but its tough from the Leafs perspective to pass on the potential #1C
I think Buffalo takes Reinhart given their defensive depth already.
I'll laugh if Edmonton doesn't get Ekblad.

Probably Ekblad but its tough from the Leafs perspective to pass on the potential #1C
I think Buffalo takes Reinhart given their defensive depth already.
I'll laugh if Edmonton doesn't get Ekblad.

Buffalo is sitting pretty though, the Islanders will probably keep their pick for next year and give the Sabres their 2014 pick which is the 4th overall right now.

And if I'm Buffalo's GM I'm giggling at the thought of Myers, Ristolainen, Zadorov and Ekblad patrolling my future blueline.

Myers is 6'8, Zadorov is 6'5, Ekblad is 6'4 and Ristolainen is 6'3.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm coming here to say if the oilers get another 1st overall pick so fucking help me god I am DONE with this league. DONE!

Assuming we pick somewhere in the 14 range, what player should we get? We're kind of barebones all around. Connor Brown I'm not sold on so we don't have any scoring prospects and besides Granberg, I'm not sure what we got back there.

We could also use a future goalie. Fuck you, Samyy, I'D RATHER TAKE FUCALE OVER A GODDAMN 3RD LINE CENTREMAN!

Samyy

Myers is 6'8, Zadorov is 6'5, Ekblad is 6'4 and Ristolainen is 6'3.
Scared-gif.gif

I'm coming here to say if the oilers get another 1st overall pick so fucking help me god I am DONE with this league. DONE!

Assuming we pick somewhere in the 14 range, what player should we get? We're kind of barebones all around. Connor Brown I'm not sold on so we don't have any scoring prospects and besides Granberg, I'm not sure what we got back there.

We could also use a future goalie. Fuck you, Samyy, I'D RATHER TAKE FUCALE OVER A GODDAMN 3RD LINE CENTREMAN!

Put down the bottle Kuro, I never wanted the goddamn 3rd line fucking centre >=(.
Oh and our best hope for scoring depth is probably Leivo, yea.
Granberg isn't a scoring prospect - hes an okay defence prospect, as are Stuart Percy, Matt Fin.

Hope that Nylander falls to you.

Top Bottom