• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sunday begins a new game of "Will I manage to watch the GoT episode before the internet inevitably spoilers me".

Marvie_3

Banned
At Shuey's age, you never know. He doesn't even buy green bananas anymore.
965564.jpg

In this week's edition of Tales from Dubbed:

Get a cryptic call from an inspector saying they can't complete their inspection.Damn this house needs to sell. So I'm near the house and figured I'd take a look.......

WTH the people know that the stove needs to be on to check the gas why did they......

Oh dear Lord. That shit was still wet to the touch and it curved in going into the stove.

Call up agent " Y'all have a giant ass snake in the stove...good luck."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Get a cryptic call from an inspector saying they can't complete their inspection.Damn this house needs to sell. So I'm near the house and figured I'd take a look.......

WTH the people know that the stove needs to be on to check the gas why did they......

Oh dear Lord. That shit was still wet to the touch and it curved in going into the stove.

/Florida

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
GAF just seems to have gotten so much worse. There's a truly sick, reprehensible group of people that only seem to be growing (think more on the spectrum of Trump supporters), so it's very obvious what side to take in OT issues. Yet, some of the far left posters just seem to have no basis in reality and it feels inauthentic to just blindly join their side when I really only agree with 75% of what they're saying. It just seems like a constant battleground between both sides, and while I am not in any way saying they are "equally bad" (one is clearly far far worse) I don't enjoy the battle and GAF just seems to be switching more and more to that black and white polarity these days.

I've asked an admin to delete my account. May hang around the discord in the future. And for the record I never was beez or Manics or Forza. I know not all of you like me, but I didn't know where else to post this. Farewell and all the best.

Sorry to see you go.

I do think that GAF has become far more polarized with little room for middle ground. Though generally speaking, since a large portion of GAF is American, I think this is reflecting the country and their politics with Trump as president.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't engage in those conversations, easy enough.

I only have to deal with bask, Creeper, and Solo trying to trade away all of our good players.

I enjoyed your analytical posts User33.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't engage in those conversations, easy enough.

I only have to deal with bask, Creeper, and Solo trying to trade away all of our good players.

I enjoyed your analytical posts User33.

Other than an occasional drive by comment, I just don't post.

What if the 2018 Canadian Olympics team was made up of unsigned UFA's?

King-Laich-Iginla
Parenteau-Fisher-Doan
Glass-Ribeiro-Purcell
Pirri-Winnik-Chiasson
(Desjardins-Mitchell-Upshall)

Franson-Wideman
Campbell-Schultz
Kostka-Gelinas

Hackett
Skapsi (I only know of him because he used to be a Ranger)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Other than an occasional drive by comment, I just don't post.

Pretty much the same. I know I'm not going to change anyone's opinion online, so it's not worth getting involved. I'll usually read the first page of a thread and by that time everyone else has weighed in with every opinion available.

Cactus

Banned
Some of the ideas and opinions thrown around recently by left-wing folks on GAF have been pretty absurd, IMO. I've always identified as a liberal, but I find myself disagreeing (to some degree) with both sides on many debates in the OT forum. Kind of makes me wonder if I've gotten a bit more conservative with age, or if liberal thought has become more extreme over the last few years.

Marvie_3

Banned

And this is why i dont live in florida.

Actually theres about 1000 reasons why i dont live in florida.

Shame you're leaving User33, but I totally understand. If you're not enjoying yourself here, if it's making you feel unhappy, probably best to move on.

Hope you do stay part of the discord.

Top Bottom