• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Weevilone

A bunch of the IIHF Worlds tournament has been televised in the US. However, now that we're to the semifinals, the rest will just be streamed rather than broadcast. WTF?

Socreges

Banned
I get that, but they aired other games without the US didn't they? I mean this is the best part of the tourney.

Looking at the schedule, maybe they didn't air other games.
*nods*

That's always been American media's approach to sports. Either we're involved or we don't give a shit.

calder

That third period was the opposite of what I expected!

Glad I went from sleepily watching the game in bed on my phone to watching it in bed on my iPad during the second intermission

Against Russia we would had some chance to win (because for some reason Russia chokes against Finland half of the time) but against Canada we will have zero chance to win so I don't really care do we win against swedes today in semifinal. Swedes actually will have some winning chance in final if they play according to their material.

Yawnier

Banned
Yawnier's pretty boy on the power play again.

giphy.gif

Willy vs. Marner for the gold medal, let's go

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nylander would lead team Sweden in scoring if you ignored his goals or his assists

Yet they still put him in front of the net for the PP :-/

This is merica. If you dont win at sports you can get out.......of our tvs.

Nominally related, but I was in New York a couple years ago when the Rangers were in the playoffs. My hotel room TV did not have any channels showing the games. I actually caught Game 7 on the TV of my airplane seat because it was on CBC.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If Nylander gets a point in the final, a gretzky record will fall!

Most points by a 21 year old in world championships

Top Bottom