• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Solo

I belong in the off-season thread, and I dont follow the West too closely, but I see the East as being 3 lopsided matchups and the Pens-Rangers as being a coin toss series.

Washington SHOULD make the finals, but they're Washington, so Im assuming they'll choke somewhere along the line. So the final will be winner of Pens-Rangers vs. Hawks (again) or Kings (again). Yawn.

Pikma

Banned
No way we lose 1 game or less against the Wild, I think the only teams we could ever sweep are the Caps and the Canucks

Also, my boldest prediction yet:

Flyers in 7 games

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Got my gameface on.

kDHik9u.jpg

Hopefully it will at least be an entertaining sweep.

Montresor

I'm predicting these conference finals:

St Louis Blue vs Anaheim Ducks
Washington Capitals vs Florida Panthers

With a St. Louis vs Washington Cup final (guaranteeing someone new winning the Cup). I hope Ovi wins a Cup.

Wild beat Stars in 6
Blues beat Hawks in 6
Anaheim over Nashville in 7
San Jose over Kings in 5

Washington over Philly in 6
Pittsburgh beats Rangers in 5
Cats beat Isles in 5
Detroit over Bolts in 6

Caps beat San Jose in cup final

My predictions:

Stars VS Wild: Stars in six
Blues VS Hawks: Blues in seven
Ducks VS Preds: Preds in seven
Kings VS Sharks: Sharks in seven

Caps VS Flyers: Flyers in seven
Rangers VS Pens: Pens in six
Panthers VS Isles: Isles in seven
Lightning VS Red Wings: Lightning in six.

Have at me.

imBask

Banned
My predictions:

Stars VS Wild: Stars in six
Blues VS Hawks: Blues in seven
Ducks VS Preds: Preds in seven
Kings VS Sharks: Sharks in seven

Caps VS Flyers: Flyers in seven
Rangers VS Pens: Pens in six
Panthers VS Isles: Isles in seven
Lightning VS Red Wings: Lightning in six.

Have at me.

I bet you have a waxed curly mustache and ride a fixed gear bike

Merguson

Banned
I'll try to watch will be LA-SJ for sure. Probably PIT-NYR in the east.

Although I feel WSH-PHI could be a real fun series to watch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think you've forgotten what happens when we actually play seriously.

Ask St. Louis.

And they were playing for Home Ice in the Playoffs.
I'm not convinced you can completely turn that on and off. Philly has basically been playing playoff games for months now. And now they'll have an emotional loss driving them.

Absolutely all of the pressure in that series is on the Caps, and they've never shown the ability to handle that. They'll have to prove otherwise. Not to mention that the Caps have routinely played with fire all season long and just managed to keep on getting away with it. That kind of play is the type that catches up with you in the playoffs.

I'm not convinced you can completely turn that on and off. Philly has basically been playing playoff games for months now. And now they'll have an emotional loss driving them.

Absolutely all of the pressure in that series is on the Caps, and they've never shown the ability to handle that. They'll have to prove otherwise. Not to mention that the Caps have routinely played with fire all season long and just managed to keep on getting away with it. That kind of play is the type that catches up with you in the playoffs.

Four 7 game series coming up.

IT'S THE ONLY WAY

KingBroly

Banned

You act like that wasn't there anyway. They knew he was dying, and that was their motivation. Because they thought he wouldn't be there by the end.

Remember those 3rd period Caps comebacks that were semi-routine? Just watch. It won't be there for just third periods anymore.

Pikma

Banned
You guys know how I know Spain has a higher rate of domestic violence than most of Europe?

today I saw an old man wearing a Kings t shirt

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have 0 expectations for the Blues this year, which of course means they'll finally make the finals.

I'm terrible at these mostly cause I have just surface level knowledge of some other teams. But why not

Caps/Flyers: Flyers in seven
BELIEVE but if WSH made some progress it would be nice for once
Rangers/Pens: Pens in seven
Panthers/Isles: Cats in six
Lightning/Red Wings: Lightning in five

Stars/Wild: Stars in five
Blues/Hawks: Hawks in four
Ducks/Preds: Ducks in five
Kings/Sharks: Sharks in seven
IT'S REIM TIMEEEEEEEE pls no 4-1 leads

Entropia

No One Remembers
Caps vs. Flyers - Caps in 4
Rangers vs. Pens - Pens in 7
Panthers vs. Isles - Panthers in 6
Lightning vs. Red Wings - Lightning in 5

Stars vs. Wild - Stars in 5
Blues vs. Hawks - Hawks in 6
Ducks vs. Preds - Ducks in 5
Kings vs. Sharls Kings in 6

Yawnier

Banned
My picks for the first round:

WSH beats PHI in 6
PIT beats NYR in 6
FLA beats NYI in 6
TBL beats DET in 6

(all those sixes lol)

DAL beats MIN in 5
CHI beats STL in 7
ANA beats NSH in 6
LAK beats SJS in 7

Alucard

Banned
Tempering my expectations for the Pens. They've been playing some inspired hockey down the stretch, but you never know what can happen...especially against Lundqvist. Still...Pens in 5 as long as Fleury or Murray is healthy and injuries are limited.

IF the Pens and Capitals face off at some point, I'm actually...not at all worried about Washington.

Top Bottom