• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Curufinwe

Incredible job this year by Hextall to move out dead weight and get just enough quality on defense to beat out Boston for a playoff spot. I don't expect to upset the Caps, but with Couturier and Schenn having breakout seasons and Provorov, Morin and Sanheim on the way it's looking good going forward for the Flyers.

Incredible job this year by Hextall to move out dead weight and get just enough quality on defense to beat out Boston for a playoff spot. I don't expect to upset the Caps, but with Couturier and Schenn having breakout seasons and Provorov, Morin and Sanheim on the way it's looking good going forward for the Flyers.

Good thing too with Cousins it looks like we have our 3rd line center.

Also I could easily see Konecny up next season

Curufinwe

I hope Laughton likes the LW cause I see him staying there. He certainly has the wheels and the wrist shot to do well in that position.

Heretic

Starting to get really nervous. I love/hate the 'yoffs...

Go Sharks!
Go Wild!
Go Blues! (Sorry, Marvbae... It's more pitty than anything.)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If we can survive the first round with the up and down way we've been playing and all the injuries we suddenly accumulated over the last week, then I really like our chances to win the whole thing. Between the injuries we've got, the way the Penguins have been playing, and the unlikelihood of eliminating them 3 years in a row, this seems like the absolute hardest matchup we could possibly face in this year's playoffs. I think the only matchup that I would feel even remotely as dubious about would be the Kings. For reasons.

Definitely think it's a "First or Finals" sort of situation.

KingBroly

Banned
If we can survive the first round with the up and down way we've been playing and all the injuries we suddenly accumulated over the last week, then I really like our chances to win the whole thing. Between the injuries we've got, the way the Penguins have been playing, and the unlikelihood of eliminating them 3 years in a row, this seems like the absolute hardest matchup we could possibly face in this year's playoffs. I think the only matchup that I would feel even remotely as dubious about would be the Kings. For reasons.

No, it's your Destiny to lose to us in the second round.

Embrace it.

zroid

Banned

Get Hank his Cup already!

Curufinwe

If bad MAF shows up the wheels will fall off in a hurry.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If bad MAF shows up the wheels will fall off in a hurry.
Word is MAF is back for the Pens, symptom-free for several days. Hope he remembers how terrible he's supposed to be in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist skated for 15 minutes today, disappeared from practice for 15 minutes, reappeared, and then left again. Official story is he's "not feeling too well," which I'm taking to mean "got a serious case of the shits."

Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Mats Zuccarello, Viktor Stalberg, and Eric Staal all took part in practice today. McDonagh was in a non-contact jersey with a righty stick, so don't expect him any time soon. Seems like everyone else will be good to go for game 1.

How good are the predators. Everyone choosing the Ducks to win makes me wonder. I have bad memories losing to them in 2011. Anaheim had Ray Emery though

RC

Banned
As the 2015 NHL-GAF Playoff Bracket Winner, I do decree that the LA Kings shall reclaim the cup in 6 games. Much to the chagrin of everyone.

Quick

Banned
I'm not on any bandwagon, but I look favourably upon the Panthers, Stars, Ducks, Sharks, and the Rangers (to eliminate Pittsburgh quickly).

calder

I've predicted a long Sharks run pretty much every year for a half decade now... which means they are sooooo due! Money in the bank!

Stars 4-2 Wild
Blues 4-3 Blackhawks – shitty thing to do on Marvie’s bday, I know
Ducks 4-1 Predators – I think the Preds will keep it close game-to-game but the series won’t go long
Kings 2-4 Sharks – upset! Should be an amazing series.

I have little to no feel (or interest tbh) for the Eastern Conference.

Capitals 4-1 Flyers
Penguins 4-2 Rangers
Panthers 3-4 Islanders
Lightning 4-0 Red Wings

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For the bracket I put

Stars in 4
Hawks in 7
Ducks in 5 (of course)
SJS in 7 (not gonna happen)

Caps in 5
Rags in 6
Isles in 6
Tampa in 6

Ducks won't lose a playoff game and will destroy everything in their path.

tumblr_mn0jvnllNb1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

kFnMQvx.gif

tumblr_o4nks9HJ1c1u8x7tao1_500.gif

excited-mallard.gif

tumblr_mwc819vkcG1shcqoxo1_500.gif

(and Coyotes? Not really. But this year, sure)

calder

Youre dead to me cldr

I'm not happy about it, I kinda hate the Blues and if the Hawks win it all I think we get another pick or something for Laddy. I just had too many of my 'preferred' teams winning the first round when I did the bracket the first time, had to shake it up a bit.

If it helps I went back and edited the bracket to make the Hawks win... but that along with the Caps/Pens series I can't decide on will probably change a few more times.

Acid08

Banned
So let's look at how these two teams have changed since the last series.

Kings

In:
Andreoff
Lecavlier
Lucic
Versteeg
Schenn
Scuderi
Enroth
McNabb
McBain

Out:
Stoll
Voynov
Jones
Williams
Richards
Mitchell
Regher

Sharks

In:
Ward
Martin
Zubrus
Polak
Dillon
Spaling
Tierney
Jones
Reimer
Karlsson
Donskoi

Out:
Irwin
Sheppard
Boyle
Niemi
Stalock
Torres
Brown
Hannan
Demers
Havlat
Stuart
Desjardins

Honestly, we come out on top here. Got rid of dead weight like Stuart, Irwin, Hannan, Brown, and Havlat and replaced them all with better players. Meanwhile the Kings lost a lot of good players who were big parts of their Cup wins.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to see the Sharks go far, but the Kings just seem like a machine built for playoff hockey.

Heretic

Kings

In:
Andreoff
Lecavlier
Lucic
Versteeg
Schenn
Scuderi
Enroth
McNabb
McBain

Out:
Stoll
Voynov
Jones
Williams
Richards
Mitchell
Regher

Sharks

In:
Ward
Martin
Zubrus
Polak
Dillon
Spaling
Tierney
Jones
Reimer
Karlsson
Donskoi

Out:
Irwin
Sheppard
Boyle
Niemi
Stalock
Torres
Brown
Hannan
Demers
Havlat
Stuart
Desjardins

Honestly, we come out on top here. Got rid of dead weight like Stuart, Irwin, Hannan, Brown, and Havlat and replaced them all with better players. Meanwhile the Kings lost a lot of good players who were big parts of their Cup wins.

Pasting from the other thread:
This is your team's year, my friend. If the Ducks don't win, I hope your Sharks do from the West. Sharks or Wild.

Calamari41

41 > 38

*snip*

These Sharks are better than the Sharks of two years ago, and these Kings are noticeably worse (lineup-wise) than two years ago.

The first round... Take it, it's yours!

Top Bottom