• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Aeana

not gonna lie, i ain't opening it until i play it. it's like a piece of treasure. fuck Digital River.

I'm already playing it since I got the PSN version too, so I'm not in a hurry to dive into it yet. I think what I'll do is finish the game, then open it up and go through the book in its entirety.

Replicant

Thank you! It worked!

Still pissed off though, here's a picture of what I saw when I came out of the elevator...

QJLUicS.jpg

This saga has finally ended.

Wow, do postal worker there leaves package just like that? Very irresponsible. What if someone else took it?

LiK

I'm already playing it since I got the PSN version too, so I'm not in a hurry to dive into it yet. I think what I'll do is finish the game, then open it up and go through the book in its entirety.

oh, doesn't it come with exclusive familiars too? don't want to use them?

Waiting on my Prima guide before I start playing. I ordered my guide when there were around 20-30 in stock. It says delivered by 01/31 but still hasn't shipped and is currently out of stock. I know this is Amazon and all but after the way the WE went down, I'm starting to get worried.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END

graywolf323

yay, I'm not the only one that caved and bought the PSN version while waiting for my Wizard edition to show up

Raw64life

Finally got mine today despite UPS taking there sweet time updating the tracking page. Now I don't know if I should keep it and open it, keep it as a collector's item, or sell it.

randomkid

Well, if we're in the posting pics phase of this thread, I'll participate. Mine was sitting out in the rain all day today, apparently it was 45 minutes away from being delivered on Friday if UPS tracking is accurate haha. Still pretty happy to have this considering the ordeals everyone went through.

No hesitation tearing everything open for me. Apologies for the horrific lighting and phone shots, I just don't have anything approximating a real camera set up. Wanted to compare with my Japanese DS import.

I don't know if you can tell, but the books are a little different! They translated the runes differently, there's no curved spine, the gold is a little more "burnt" looking and the Japanese one feels a little thicker for some reason (it's twelve pages longer).

So yeah, American packaging can't live up to the transcendent DS original (which you can probably still get for crazy cheap, mine was $58 shipped last year), but it's still pretty freaking amazing and the translated book alone feels like it's worth at least half of the $120 I spent. I hope this doesn't come across as gloating.

Well, if we're in the posting pics phase of this thread, I'll participate. Mine was sitting out in the rain all day today, apparently it was 45 minutes away from being delivered on Friday if UPS tracking is accurate haha. Still pretty happy to have this considering the ordeals everyone went through.

No hesitation tearing everything open for me. Apologies for the horrific lighting and phone shots, I just don't have anything approximating a real camera set up. Wanted to compare with my Japanese DS import.

I don't know if you can tell, but the books are a little different! They translated the runes differently, there's no curved spine, the gold is a little more "burnt" looking and the Japanese one feels a little thicker for some reason (it's twelve pages longer).

So yeah, American packaging can't live up to the transcendent DS original (which you can probably still get for crazy cheap, mine was $58 shipped last year), but it's still pretty freaking amazing and the translated book alone feels like it's worth at least half of the $120 I spent. I hope this doesn't come across as gloating.

Is it worth importing? Isn't it Region-Free? I'm a huge fan of Ni No Kuni but my knowledge of Japanese is non-existent. It would look great next to my US Wizard Edition.

LadyRiven

They overproduced the Japanese book dude, there are plenty of these in eBay etc, heck GAME was even giving these books with their standard edition preorders.
Won't be worth much, sorry to burst your bubble =P

Dang, good news for me though, I only wanted the book anyway. I'm gonna hunt one down. :)

randomkid

Is it worth importing? Isn't it Region-Free? I'm a huge fan of Ni No Kuni but my knowledge of Japanese is non-existent. It would look great next to my US Wizard Edition.

At bargain bin prices, sure why not. My Japanese knowledge is similarly non-existent, this was the first game I ever imported, because the AESTHETE in me had to have that book no matter what. I stumbled through the first few hours of the DS game too (it is definitely region free) and the 2D backgrounds were very pretty, full of lovely little details.

I hope that those copies are for him and his friends or that he will give priority to GAF for buying at a reasonable price. If 2 of them are for Ebay, it is kind of a dick move to come post them on this very particular topic! ;)

graywolf323

edit: nvm I blame being sick on why I didn't realize this was bad

I love the actual book though <3 been reading my copy since it got delivered this afternoon

Cookie18

I've got my WE ordered from Amazon but I am now really tempted to buy a copy of the game on Friday to play while leaving the WE sealed.

randomkid

All these people keeping their copies sealed, that book deserves to be FREE dammit. It's something that needs to be paged through for real.

All these people keeping their copies sealed, that book deserves to be FREE dammit. It's something that needs to be paged through for real.

I thought the Japanese one smelled particularly lovely as well... if you like the smell of books. Not sure how the English one is though.

Top Bottom