• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm probably going to hold off until the weekend as well. I'm probably 3/4 of the way through Radiant Historia...if I start another RPG I'll never finish it. Path of Exile is taking up so much of my time. :(

Jessicat

Got my NA WE in today at around noon, I'm in Toronto [Canada], no fees and I didnt even need to sign for it, my bro said they jsut threw it at the doorstep and left ._.;
Also someone can't properly weigh or something, there was nothing extra in the box to add extra weight, just a flimsy piece of foam. Made an unboxing video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrzdaiGS4SQ

For all you peeps that are still waiting, no worries, my PS3 died in December so I can't even play :/

Got my NA WE in today at around noon, I'm in Toronto [Canada], no fees and I didnt even need to sign for it, my bro said they jsut threw it at the doorstep and left ._.;
Also someone can't properly weigh or something, there was nothing extra in the box to add extra weight, just a flimsy piece of foam. Made an unboxing video here:

For all you peeps that are still waiting, no worries, my PS3 died in December so I can't even play :/
You are so close to me, shame I have a working ps3 but no game.

khaaan

Are you wearing PJ's? It's almost 4PM =P

Dwayne

With the EU retailers getting more stock, I feel a bit more confident that fishpond are going to come through with my order. Fingers crossed.

Jessicat

Are you wearing PJ's? It's almost 4PM =P
Hehe, yea, a perk of being unemployed is sitting in pj's all day because you can XD Though that vid was taken around 12:30, about half an hour after I work up, lol.

You are so close to me, shame I have a working ps3 but no game.
There's a sale for PS3 slims going on now, but I just barely missed the last one that sold online at best buy, and dunno if any other store will price match it ;^; I seem to have crappy luck.

Takuya

Banned

Nice! Mine is arriving tomorrow (Montreal).

P.S.: Nice Snoopy PJs Jess.

There's a sale for PS3 slims going on now, but I just barely missed the last one that sold online at best buy, and dunno if any other store will price match it ;^; I seem to have crappy luck.
He has a working PS3, but no game. :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
With the EU retailers getting more stock, I feel a bit more confident that fishpond are going to come through with my order. Fingers crossed.

Too bad our WE is pretty sucky compared to the NA one, though. No soundtrack, no coin, no art prints, much shittier packaging. Oh well, the book is the reason I went for the WE anyway.

Peagles

They also just sent me a newsletter with Ni No Kuni Limited Edition in the title. It'd be pretty poor to do so if they had no stock, but you never know...

Got my WE in mediamarkt in Belgium today. Had it pre-ordered, but there were only three pre-orders including mine there, so maybe that helped a lot to get it. Now, having time to play the game, that's something else...

Jessicat

Nice! Mine is arriving tomorrow (Montreal).

P.S.: Nice Snoopy PJs Jess.

He has a working PS3, but no game. :p
lol thanks XD
And I was trying to fix my lack of console issue, but failed. I wouldn't trade the game for a new console though, that would defeat the purpose XD

BosSin

Uh oh, I recently saw this on fishpond's order tracker:

29 Jan, 2013 11:32 AM

Your order for the item below has now completed administrative processing and has been released to the allocated warehouse:

* Ni No Kuni

We estimate this item will ship by 15/02/13

For context, this is another message I had previously seen on the same tracker:

26 Jan, 2013 11:16 PM

Your order for the item below has now completed administrative processing and has been released to the allocated warehouse:

* Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch: Wizard's Edition

nasos_333

Too bad our WE is pretty sucky compared to the NA one, though. No soundtrack, no coin, no art prints, much shittier packaging. Oh well, the book is the reason I went for the WE anyway.

But if you get it from Amazon you get two extra familiars, griffin included

Plus you get a free guide for your cancelled US pre-order (if they ever do it anyway)

PK Gaming

I had a dentist appointment, so I couldn't be there when my copy arrived

(I feel like I missed my childs birth)

jokes aside, I got my copy and i couldn't be happier

Lucid07

YES! My Hardback guide is on the way and if this play order goes through for the Wizard edition, that should be on the way tomorrow/ Thursday too!!

Tornintator

Neo Member
Does the EU have shortages still?

There's a reliable online UK retailer selling the collector's ed for £70, I figure I could get a spare then put it on ebay.

BosSin

I am getting really paranoid about this fishpond order and think they are going to send the standard version instead of Wizard's edition. Here's the full tracker info that they have kept updated, note the discrepancy in titles:

26 Jan, 2013 11:46 AM
Payment received via PayPal, Thank you.

26 Jan, 2013 3:25 PM
We estimate this order for Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch: Wizard's Edition will arrive at the Fishpond.com warehouse by 21/02/13

Any changes to this date will be posted here.

26 Jan, 2013 11:16 PM

* Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch: Wizard's Edition

28 Jan, 2013 11:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your order of Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch: Wizard's Edition with Fishpond.com.

This email is to inform you that there has been a temporary delay in sourcing this item.

We now expect it to arrive at our warehouse between 09/02/2013 AND 16/02/2013. You will receive an email notification on dispatch.

If you would prefer to cancel this item, you can visit the link below and click the 'Need to cancel a product?' link on that page:

We don't want to delay your order, so if you don't cancel in the next 24 hours we will already have your new order under way.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

Regards,

Fishpond.com

We estimate this order for Ni No Kuni will arrive at the Fishpond.com warehouse by 18/02/13

Any changes to this date will be posted here.

* Ni No Kuni

Takuya

Banned
lol thanks XD
And I was trying to fix my lack of console issue, but failed. I wouldn't trade the game for a new console though, that would defeat the purpose XD
I purchased one of the discounted slim ps3s this week. What a great buy at $179!

You mean to say you are unable to play the game? That sucks!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How classy...

I just can't understand why someone would have a problem with people who flip these on ebay. Selling just ONE wizard edition would fund my entire gaming budget for 2013.

Of course, I say that as a man with no Wizard edition.

LiK

Uh oh, I recently saw this on fishpond's order tracker:

For context, this is another message I had previously seen on the same tracker:

you shouldn't worry about the wording. the link in the account goes to the WE product page.

edit: he saw it

I just can't understand why someone would have a problem with people who flip these on ebay. Selling just ONE wizard edition would fund my entire gaming budget for 2013.

In light of how your fellow gamers got screwed over on this one by Namco in the US (and possibly by the likes of The Hut Group in Europe), it's just not very nice to capitalize on their despair.

Peagles

I just think given the mess with this edition (US mostly, but looks like the EU one isn't without its own problems) it's a bit poor taste to come into this thread to let people know you're going to scalp a copy. Talk about rubbing it in for those who missed out.

I mean, even if you are planning to scalp a copy, why would you need to come into this thread and say so?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just think given the mess with this edition (US mostly, but looks like the EU one isn't without its own problems) it's a bit poor taste to come into this thread to let people know you're going to scalp a copy. Talk about rubbing it in for those who missed out.

I mean, even if you are planning to scalp a copy, why would you need to come into this thread and say so?

Ah, now THAT I agree with.

BBz_l5xCYAEu3GU.jpg:large

Woot, it finally came in. Going to feel awful opening it though as I could be selling it for 350 dollars. But, I am a good person so I won't be taking advantage of people! Plus I want it!

(Friend sent me the Japanese version back when it came out)

Edit: Crazy size, sorry!

Peagles

Ah, now THAT I agree with.

:)

Uggg, finally! Good luck to those who ended up not getting one.. this was a ridiculous mess from start to end.

Holy shmow that book is big! Can't wait til I get mine!

Yeah I ordered my book a while ago from B&N... really wish it would arrive.

Mine apparently shipped from Book Depository on the 24th. Stuff usually takes a week or so to get to NZ so should be soon! Pity I won't have the game for a bit longer though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
But if you get it from Amazon you get two extra familiars, griffin included

Plus you get a free guide for your cancelled US pre-order (if they ever do it anyway)

I'm getting those two extra familiars anyway, they're a preorder bonus at the Swedish retailer I've preordered from.

Mudron

Anyone hear yet from Namco/Digital River about the free guides we're supposed to be getting in lieu of our canceled WE orders?

Quadratic

Just a question about the German version. Is it the UK/PAL edition with just a slip cover for Germany or is it an all German box and cover art? ASking if anyone has bought German PS3 games before.

Cbajd5

Yes, but apparently:

It's definitely a mistranslation, my order for Jam With the Band that's already shipped (although the shipping status hasn't updated, but I've got a tracking number) says the same thing.

I'm actually kind of glad that I learned about Amazon.de, because I really wanted Jam With the Band.

Edit: Also, shipping was more for Jam With the Band, which I really don't get. And it'll be arriving the last day the Wizard's Edition could possibly arrive according to them.

Pyrokai

I sure hope this fiasco doesn't deter Namco Bandai from doing awesome stuff like this in the future, though. That would make me very very sad :(

LiK

I sure hope this fiasco doesn't deter Namco Bandai from doing awesome stuff like this in the future, though. That would make me very very sad :(

i think the fact that there is such a large demand means people care about the LEs so they know they should make more in the future. they just need to decide if they wanna continue with Digital River or not.

i think the fact that there is such a large demand means people care about the LEs so they know they should make more in the future. they just need to decide if they wanna continue with Digital River or not.
I hope they don't for you guys' sake (NA gamer) sounds like their order system is terribly outdated and prone to problems.

Top Bottom