• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

I am definitely going to figure out how to cancel this preorder. Over $100 is just too much for mediocre bonuses.
That's sad to hear. Considering I almost never buy CE's I was willing to splurge just this once because the game looks great. Btw you back in Houston?

I'm used to spending $100+ on games without getting any bonuses at all. (._. )
Ouch. My wallet and me would be crying from the lack of goodies. T_T

Man the tax with shipping puts it at almost $120.
Pulled the trigger, it better be worth it Gaf. I expect my jaw to be touching the floor while playing this game.

I went ahead and preordered it a few weeks back. Between this, my Ultimate Loot Edition of Borderlands 2, the white Vita bundle AND the Wii U w/ launch titles, my funds are going to be nonexistent.

Erekiddo

I have $120 down for the Wizard edition, and I still want to preorder from Gamestop to get the metal case. I could probably sell the one that comes with the Wizard edition.

But, blah. Blah.

lol Your social life as well.

lol. I work and in school full time as well. The Wii U is for my wife and me. Also, even though I buy a good number of games, I rarely play more than 10-15 hours in a week. Plus, if it's a CE, I feel the need to jump on it asap. So glad I did with the BL2 CE. Sadly don't see me playing it for a while :(

Hmm...I ordered this awesome package yesterday, and I used PayPal to make sure the money was paid immediately so I wouldn't have a surprise charge in January when the game ships. But PayPal has yet to take my money... Hopefully the sale happened, since after today you can't get it.

I have $120 down for the Wizard edition, and I still want to preorder from Gamestop to get the metal case. I could probably sell the one that comes with the Wizard edition.

But, blah. Blah.

I'm going to do this as well, because I can pay the GameStop version off in little chunks. That way it won't feel like I'm buying the same game twice, maybe?

randomkid

I mean, the book alone is definitely worth like $40. Don't get it twisted, the only reason to even hesitate is if you already got the Japanese one for a crazy good deal like I did. Before I caved, the main downsides for me were the extra $20 for shipping and tax, and the fact that this is the first game this generation I've bought at $60 so that price alone seems exorbitant haha.

In the end though, anyone with a passing interest needs to find the money because the book has something like 330 pieces of art in three impeccable styles and is classier than your average unboxing video could ever even show you. This is not a typical videogame bonus tchotchke, this is the real deal people.

And there's STILL the SF2 Anniversary box coming out.

Please don't let there be any more crucial spendy CEs... or at least let there be a discount on the former.

Lucent

One thing that I think really pushed me, now that I think about it, is that, well, Studio Ghibli may be around for years to come (I hope), but how long will Miyazaki live? =(

I wanted to have some more stuff to remember him and his studio by. One of the most amazing and unique art styles. The animation and stuff. Some of the stories are kind of odd (Tales of Earthsea) but others more than make up for it (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.).

This game looks to be a great RPG. Gonna be so great having a world map again. Air transportation (dragon) that you can freely control. Somewhat turn-based and real time combat system. A handful of characters to concentrate on instead of having a million characters that have no personality or history.

Looks like a return to old-school RPG with beautiful art and the book is far from half-assed. It looks like it'll only immerse you more in the world if anything.

omgkitty

One thing that I think really pushed me, now that I think about it, is that, well, Studio Ghibli may be around for years to come (I hope), but how long will Miyazaki live? =(

I wanted to have some more stuff to remember him and his studio by. One of the most amazing and unique art styles. The animation and stuff. Some of the stories are kind of odd (Tales of Earthsea) but others more than make up for it (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.).

This game looks to be a great RPG. Gonna be so great having a world map again. Air transportation (dragon) that you can freely control. Somewhat turn-based and real time combat system. A handful of characters to concentrate on instead of having a million characters that have no personality or history.

Looks like a return to old-school RPG with beautiful art and the book is far from half-assed. It looks like it'll only immerse you more in the world if anything.

Yeah the book and the fact that the artwork is done by Studio Ghibli is what sold me. Their artwork is absolutely gorgeous. I can't ever bring myself to buy traditional art books, but the fact that this comes with the game and serves a purpose makes it easy for me to overlook that.

TheChits

Yeah the book and the fact that the artwork is done by Studio Ghibli is what sold me. Their artwork is absolutely gorgeous. I can't ever bring myself to buy traditional art books, but the fact that this comes with the game and serves a purpose makes it easy for me to overlook that.

Same here. Studio Ghibli is just incredible, so I couldn't pass this up

Pyrokai

Does this charge you immediately or just commit you to buying it? I will get this if my card isn't charged the moment I pre-order, Amazon-style kind of thing.

Edit: I took the plunge. Oh. My. Gawd. Why.

elty

On the fence for awhile... not pulling the trigger.

Regular edition = $40
Book = $20
Plush = $5
DLC = $5
Post card = $5

Special edition = $110

Does not compute

Regular edition = $40
Book = $20
Plush = $5
DLC = $5
Post card = $5

Special edition = $110

Does not compute
I think you are under valuing the first three items on the list, the book especially. And you don't have much time to make a decision, the cut-off is hours away.

randomkid

Regular edition = $40
Book = $20
Plush = $5
DLC = $5
Post card = $5

Special edition = $110

Does not compute

Haha, fun, my personal valuing is

game= $50
book = $40
plush = $0
DLC = $0
post card = not sure what this is???
coin = $5 (assuming it will be around the same quality as like, the Super Mario Galaxy coin or something)
big fancy box = $5

So yeah, doesn't add up to $120 for me either, but it is what it is.

Edit: Okay hmm, upon review, these "post card" prints seem like they could be pretty neat. Also there's a mini soundtrack included? This site is so poorly organized and advertised haha.

omgkitty

Does this charge you immediately or just commit you to buying it? I will get this if my card isn't charged the moment I pre-order, Amazon-style kind of thing.

Edit: I took the plunge. Oh. My. Gawd. Why.

Don't worry! It's just a test charge. It should be off of your account in the next few days. Now just make sure you remember when the game actually does come out ;)

elty

I think you are under valuing the first three items on the list, the book especially. And you don't have much time to make a decision, the cut-off is hours away.

I have the regular game preorder at $40. Actually the post card, plush and DLC is next to useless for me, I just don't want to give them a value of $0... Even if I value the book at $r0 it doesn't add up. Plus I have to risk UPS brokerage fee and/or damage parcel.

If it comes with this box though, then it is a must buy:

73721020080928_125548_2_big.jpg

I have the regular game preorder at $40. Actually the post card, plush and DLC is next to useless for me, I just don't want to give them a value of $0... Even if I value the book at $r0 it doesn't add up. Plus I have to risk UPS brokerage fee and/or damage parcel.

If it comes with this box though, then it is a must buy:

73721020080928_125548_2_big.jpg

Te box it comes in looks really nice, but it's impossible to say for sure because all we've seen of it is the pic in the corner of the wizard's edition picture on their site.

I can't wait to get my hands on is, hopefully with the coin!!!!!!

Ricker

"Sorry guys, you were one pre-order away from getting that gold coin. Sucks for you."

=(

You got to be kidding right...1 pre-order away and they dont give it to those who pre-ordered up until then...that is an awesome fan/customer appreciation gesture right there....everyone should cancel their pre-order.

Lucent

You got to be kidding right...1 pre-order away and they dont give it to those who pre-ordered up until then...that is an awesome fan/customer appreciation gesture right there....everyone should cancel their pre-order.

lol omg...I'm sorry. I was making a joke as if they did do that. I thought adding the "sucks for you" part would've made it a dead give away for anyone who might've thought I was being for real.

Sorry. >_<

lol omg...I'm sorry. I was making a joke as if they did do that. I thought adding the "sucks for you" part would've made it a dead give away for anyone who might've thought I was being for real.

Sorry. >_<

It was pretty clearly a joke, but still produced a pretty accurate representation of the fan backlash Namco can expect if we "don't make it". Even if we just get to 95%.... Come on. I mean, come on.

barugon

Sweet Creezy I'm so mad at myself. I've checked for months and months on Amazon for the Collector's Edition and figured it hadn't been available for pre-order yet. Lo and behold, I glance at this thread today and see that pre-orders were cut off yesterday.

I guess it serves me right for only checking Amazon, but goddamn if I'm not upset about it.

Guess I'll have to overpay on ebay.

Lucent

It was pretty clearly a joke, but still produced a pretty accurate representation of the fan backlash Namco can expect if we "don't make it". Even if we just get to 95%.... Come on. I mean, come on.

Yeah exactly. Being that close, just throw it in. Keep those fans, Namco.

Ricker

Sorry. >_<

Ah ok,no problem lol,you had me going there for awhile hehe...

JohngPR

Then if they throw it in people will be like, "Why didn't they just add it in the first place if the goal didn't matter?"

Either way, they don't win.

:p

Sweet Creezy I'm so mad at myself. I've checked for months and months on Amazon for the Collector's Edition and figured it hadn't been available for pre-order yet. Lo and behold, I glance at this thread today and see that pre-orders were cut off yesterday.

I guess it serves me right for only checking Amazon, but goddamn if I'm not upset about it.

Guess I'll have to overpay on ebay.

I feel bad for you. I've been tracking this game for over a year so when I saw thta it was available for preorder and would be cut off by the end of August, I waited to the end of the month and pulled the trigger. I'm glad that they decided to do it this way so they could accurately create a reasonable amount of the game to make the English CE version an actual collectible item.

I feel like some people were confused and didn't realize that preorders for the Wizard Edition would end at the beginning of this month (some thought it was just a cut off for the extras from ninostarter). I hope you're able to find one w/o having to pay too much extra.

Lucent

Then if they throw it in people will be like, "Why didn't they just add it in the first place if the goal didn't matter?"

Either way, they don't win.

:p

Yeah, they should. But being as close as we are, should be in either way. Besides, if they don't have to produce as many Wizard Editions, they can spare a bit to throw in the coins.

JohngPR

Yeah, they should. But being as close as we are, should be in either way. Besides, if they don't have to produce as many Wizard Editions, they can spare a bit to throw in the coins.

I'm definitely not going to say no to free stuff, so I agree, LOL.

:)

Top Bottom