• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Info on what? The preorder is over, and they updated Ninostarter to show that lucky preordering folks got prize #2, the coin, and got a little bit into prize #3 before they took down the preorders.

I see. Ninostarter does not look updated to me. It just says negative 9 days. Did they come out and say that we got the Coin, and that this is not extended time?

Rootbeer

Banned
So... you can't order the Wizard's Edition anymore? There is no buy button for it on clubnamo.com :(

Can't believe they would cut off orders so fast... this game is not released for many months.

MicH

So... you can't order the Wizard's Edition anymore? There is no buy button for it on clubnamo.com :(

Can't believe they would cut off orders so fast... this game is not released for many months.
I think it's to secure rarity? But it is a peculiar decision considering it's still widely available for preorder in Europe.

Lucent

It says on the site that you can't change shipping addresses. Anybody think you actually can though? I'm unsure but we might be moving before the game comes out. Normally I wouldn't care, but they say they'll ship it and if it doesn't get accepted it'll get returned and I'll get a refund. But I can't order it again soooo I'd rather be able to change address before it ships.

It says on the site that you can't change shipping addresses. Anybody think you actually can though? I'm unsure but we might be moving before the game comes out. Normally I wouldn't care, but they say they'll ship it and if it doesn't get accepted it'll get returned and I'll get a refund. But I can't order it again soooo I'd rather be able to change address before it ships.

Well if they really don't want to do it, when you move you can usually go to your postal office and pay a fee to have your mail redirected to your new adress for a few months.

Peagles

Yikes (and bump sorry) I didn't even know this was a thing. Just made a preorder at Amazon UK which I'm assuming is my best bet? I'm in New Zealand, and can't find any NZ stores that currently have the Wizard Edition up for pre-order (just the standard).

Kyon

Banned
Yikes (and bump sorry) I didn't even know this was a thing. Just made a preorder at Amazon UK which I'm assuming is my best bet? I'm in New Zealand, and can't find any NZ stores that currently have the Wizard Edition up for pre-order (just the standard).

It's not on Amazon. You're probably looking at a 3rd party

Peagles

Yup that's where I've ordered. Seems like the best deal anywhere (plus it's only about 58 pounds for me because they take off the VAT).

Does Amazon UK pack stuff nicely? Or will it turn up all crushed and biz?

MicH

Yup that's where I've ordered. Seems like the best deal anywhere (plus it's only about 58 pounds for me because they take off the VAT).

Does Amazon UK pack stuff nicely? Or will it turn up all crushed and biz?
I've never received a crushed package from Amazon UK - they always package your stuff well.

Amir0x

Banned
http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/

Here's a review to get you guys hyped. Where's the OT on this?

If you have decried the state of the modern RPG and long for an experience reminiscent of Chrono Trigger, Earthbound or Final Fantasy IV, you owe it to yourself to try Ni no Kuni.

you mentioned Earthbound

why did you mention Earthbound

that's like the Amir0x dog whistle from across the universe

then you go on to describe a certain aspect of the story that sounds suspiciously like Mother 3 in terms of its quality

I reject this review based entirely on me not wanting to believe!

sublimit

Banned
"Mountains tower over the party, and forests shield characters and monsters from view, while roads and rivers snake across the landscape. If you don’t want to explore it for its beauty, the world comes with plenty of trimmings, from buried treasure, to hidden villages, to areas to catch advanced monsters. It does a great job of instilling childlike glee and a sense of adventure, and you want to explore it just for the sake of exploring."

Man,i can't wait to explore this world!!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Here's a review to get you guys hyped. Where's the OT on this?

If you have decried the state of the modern RPG and long for an experience reminiscent of Chrono Trigger, Earthbound or Final Fantasy IV, you owe it to yourself to try Ni no Kuni.

I just refuse to believe.

Dark Chronicle was freaking fantastic,but since after that my experience with Awful-5 was absolutely horrible they just keep throwing bad pure trash games at me.

will wait for trustworthy gaffers reviews and impressions.

Coxy

Does this review jibe with other impressions of the game? It sounds almost too good to be true.

not really, the main criticism that stands out against the review is most people said the battle ssytem was deathly boring, very simple and slow. Other than that it's supposed to be enjoyable enough

not really, the main criticism that stands out against the review is most people said the battle ssytem was deathly boring, very simple and slow. Other than that it's supposed to be enjoyable enough

Are you sure that you aren't mixing opinions of the battle system up with the DS version? I remember the PS3 version receiving praise for its battle system. The only gripe that I remember is that battles were very common due to how fast enemies were. If you watch some walkthroughs you'll see that they're faster than Oliver.

May16

I think you're thinking of the DS version. Incidentally, same reviewer on that topic:
DS version review said:
The combat-related problem with Ni no Kuni is that it may be too easy to seasoned RPG veterans. The game is designed with all ages in mind, which makes this forgivable, but the fact remains, with nine reserve battle members, it’s really hard to die. With up to 21 characters on the roster for a dungeon, plus copious amounts of healing crystals and save points, there isn’t even the possibility of challenging dungeonplay. The extra content has some boss battles that can be devilishly difficult, but it’s too bad there isn’t much in the main story that really requires the strategical thinking that the battle system can require.

Psyched for the PS3 game. Looks like playing an old-time JRPG built inside of a Ghibli movie. Awesome.

Edit:
Did they really give the game a rating of "Legendary out of 10"?

Wow. Way to be credible.
Oh noes! A website with open disregard for numerical scoring systems! Burn it! Burn it aaaallllll! :p

Danj

Wait so you guys are saying the Limited Edition version is going to be taken down soon? Should I put a preorder in on Amazon UK now?

Het_Nkik

So I need to update my credit card info for the game but it's a headache. I can pull up the order using my order number, but I can't log in to my account without a password, which I don't remember. So I requested my password and the e-mail I get tells me my password is <USER_PASSWORD>. That's definitely not my password and doesn't work anyway. So now I'm wondering if I even created an account to order the game; does anyone remember if they let you order without creating an account?

One little expiration date change and suddenly a bunch of pre-orders I had from different sites start going to shit...

LaneDS

Did they really give the game a rating of "Legendary out of 10"?

Wow. Way to be credible.

It's actually a pretty good review, and reading their scale for reviews they apparently give "adjective" out of 10 for all their reviews, with "Legendary" as their highest praise.

Pretty excited to finally play this, in any case. Definitely seems like an RPG from days gone by (plus amazing Studio Ghibli visuals and Joe Hisaishi music).

jbug617

Banned
Gamestop is giving a steelbook with preorder of the game.

271094_bonusLG.jpg

Top Bottom