• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Peagles

Is there anywhere else to preorder from that isn't Amazon for the Wizard's Edition?

I just got burned really bad by Amazon on another preorder I placed months ago and I have this horrible feeling in my gut now that they won't pull through on Ni No Kuni.

Man, it really sucks that they don't offer the Wizard's Edition in the US anymore. I won't buy the game without the book, so really they've just lost the entire sale for whatever reason.

graywolf323

Man, it really sucks that they don't offer the Wizard's Edition in the US anymore. I won't buy the game without the book, so really they've just lost the entire sale for whatever reason.

same, I didn't have the money back in September to pre-order it :(

stupid Namco-Bandai

I'm sitting here debating on replacing my broken PS3 partly for this game and you're willing to miss out on the whole game because of a book?

What is the consensus of this from importers? I am interested, but the gameplay seems pretty shallow and it seems the major appeal of this seems to be mostly for the graphics and art style.

Apath

Sure, if you don't mind paying 2-3 times more for it and not giving any money to the developer. A lot of people of are going to miss out on playing it as its intended because Namco made so few copies of the book.
No way will it cost $300 on ebay.

No way will it cost $300 on ebay.

For the English version of the book? Chances are high it'll be super rare and thus really expensive on eBay, since that version was sold in such very little numbers. Maybe not $300 expensive, but still expensive.

same, I didn't have the money back in September to pre-order it :(

stupid Namco-Bandai
It was worse for me, I had the money, and I bought it using PayPal to guarantee that the money would be taken away immediately. 3 days after the ordering was canceled, I got an email from Namco-Bandai that they never got the payment so were canceling my order.

MicH

The Wizard Edition is no longer available for preorder at Amazon UK. Other sites such as Shop To and Zavvi still have them, and so does Amazon.de and Amazon.fr.

If you still have not preordered this, and you want it, I would suggest doing it asap, as I fear they'll slowly stop taking preorders.

Peagles

The Wizard Edition is no longer available for preorder at Amazon UK. Other sites such as Shop To and Zavvi still have them, and so does Amazon.de and Amazon.fr.

If you still have not preordered this, and you want it, I would suggest doing it asap, as I fear they'll slowly stop taking preorders.

My fear is that they (Amazon) won't fulfill them :(

Bittercup

Thank you very much. I totally forgot to pre-order and would be sad if I would miss the Collector's Edition.

graywolf323

damn I should have ordered it last night

randomkid

Box Contains:
• Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Game for Playstation 3
• Exclusive DLC 'Golden Mite' and 'Golden Drongo' Familiars
• Drippy Plush Doll
• 300+ Page Hardcover 'The Wizard's Companion' Book

There's also a couple post card prints, a coin no one has seen, and a mini-soundtrack.

Is there anywhere other than Zavvi/TheHut that you can still preorder the collector's edition from?

** Scrolls up a little **

MicH said:

SS4Rob

Ugh, so I just found out that US pre-orders for this stopped in September. What is the best option for getting an english version of this game that plays on my US PS3? I was going to just order from Amazon.de or Amazon.fr, and while I understand the book would be in english, would the game be in English? Would it work in my PS3? Amazon.de/fr would be the easiest way to order, but if ShopTo, HMV or Zavvi gets me the game & such I can read and works in my system, I'd obviously prefer that route. So which option is best this late for US players in the game?

LiK

Ugh, so I just found out that US pre-orders for this stopped in September. What is the best option for getting an english version of this game that plays on my US PS3? I was going to just order from Amazon.de or Amazon.fr, and while I understand the book would be in english, would the game be in English? Would it work in my PS3? Amazon.de/fr would be the easiest way to order, but if ShopTo, HMV or Zavvi gets me the game & such I can read and works in my system, I'd obviously prefer that route. So which option is best this late for US players in the game?

Import from EU

At least for amazon.de the book is definitely in english so I would be shocked if the game wasn't also. And usually 99% of the time RPGs aren't translated into german, they are just released in english so I'd be pretty shocked if it somehow was in german that it didn't give you an option. I see nothing on amazon's site stating the language but I think it's pretty safe to assume it's english.

Edit: On the message boards it said this:
amazon.com message boards said:
Sprachausgabe: Englisch und Japanisch
Texte: Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Italienisch und Spanisch (können auch mehr sein)

So only english and japanese for voices and german, english, french, italian, and spanish for subtitles so it's safe to buy from amazon.de

SS4Rob

At least for amazon.de the book is definitely in english so I would be shocked if the game wasn't also. And usually 99% of the time RPGs aren't translated into german, they are just released in english so I'd be pretty shocked if it somehow was in german that it didn't give you an option. I see nothing on amazon's site stating the language but I think it's pretty safe to assume it's english.

Edit: On the message boards it said this:

So only english and japanese for voices and german, english, french, italian, and spanish for subtitles so it's safe to buy from amazon.de

Thanks for the info - I pre-ordered it from Amazon.fr (pictures of everything were all in English) so assuming there would be no difference between what Amazon German and Amazon France are shipping, I'm hopefully good to go! If not, um, let me know quickly so I can cancel the .fr order and get a .de one, heh.

Thanks for the info - I pre-ordered it from Amazon.fr (pictures of everything were all in English) so assuming there would be no difference between what Amazon German and Amazon France are shipping, I'm hopefully good to go! If not, um, let me know quickly so I can cancel the .fr order and get a .de one, heh.

Ya, they should be the same. Most games are produced where they have multiple settings so they can make on product for all of europe. If the german one is fine then the french should also.

SS4Rob

I ended up getting the French version:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B008MLSNOY/
Should be the same. I hope. :)

Well crap. Even though Amazon France didn't complain when I chose my US based address, I found this:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=548590

In the video games section it does NOT list the United States. Looking at Amazon Germany I can't find any shipping restrictions, so I ordered there too. I guess I'm getting zero, one, or two copies of this now, what a fun waiting game this will be! :-/

MicH

Namco Bandai UK just tweeted a picture of the Wizard Editions box:

KEQnS.jpg

Top Bottom