• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Danj

Huh, awesome, I just went to check on my Amazon preorder for this (since I got paid early today - December payday is usually early at my work, just not normally this early) and it seems it's dropped in price! My order total was £72 (I went for the expedited shipping) but is now £56.98! Thanks Amazon!

Huh, awesome, I just went to check on my Amazon preorder for this (since I got paid early today - December payday is usually early at my work, just not normally this early) and it seems it's dropped in price! My order total was £72 (I went for the expedited shipping) but is now £56.98! Thanks Amazon!

Yep the Amazon order has dropped to £54.95 for me as well, rejoice Amazon.co.uk customers lol, as dodgy their tax avoiding ways are... at least we discounted £15.04 =P

Hobbun

I tried out the demo, beautiful art direction and just love the overworld map.

Still undecided on combat. I would have preferred a straight up turn-based system, but maybe I just need to get used to it.

Ricker

In case this hasn't been mentioned yet, Gamespot did a Now Playing episode for Ni No Kuni, it's about 2 hours long.

Haha,the guy on the left is so confused at first...nice hands on though,I watched a bit but I stopped at the fight against the Teeny Boppers lol(media blackout for me from now on)...this is the kind of tutorial that should of been in the demo...but anyway,pre-ordered from Gamestop at lunch,at least I will get the steel case...can't wait.

jimmyhowlett

Neo Member
AHHHHHHHHHHH! This is so aggravating. I preordered the US special edition back in August, but the card I used to preorder this game got stolen a few weeks ago so I was issued a new card. I went to the online store yesterday to update the information so there won't be any problems when the game is ready to be shipped....and there's no option to do such a thing. So I emailed customer service. They reply today telling me they can't do anything about it and gives me a number to call. I call the number. The lady on the phone tells me there is nothing she can do about it on her end, either. I ask her if that's the case, why was I told to call her. She puts me on hold for five minutes, comes back, and tells me she has no idea why they told me to call that number. I asked her what I'm supposed to do then. She tells me she has no idea, but once the order is made, the payment info is final. I asked her if I would be able to update my info when the game comes out when they see that the card I used is no longer valid. She tells me she doesn't know, but she doesn't think so, and that chances are I won't be getting the game. Then she tells me to have a pleasant day before hanging up on me.......ARGGGGGGHHH
I guess the bright side is I'll save $100 when the time comes.

Sushigod7

AHHHHHHHHHHH! This is so aggravating. I preordered the US special edition back in August, but the card I used to preorder this game got stolen a few weeks ago so I was issued a new card. I went to the online store yesterday to update the information so there won't be any problems when the game is ready to be shipped....and there's no option to do such a thing. So I emailed customer service. They reply today telling me they can't do anything about it and gives me a number to call. I call the number. The lady on the phone tells me there is nothing she can do about it on her end, either. I ask her if that's the case, why was I told to call her. She puts me on hold for five minutes, comes back, and tells me she has no idea why they told me to call that number. I asked her what I'm supposed to do then. She tells me she has no idea, but once the order is made, the payment info is final. I asked her if I would be able to update my info when the game comes out when they see that the card I used is no longer valid. She tells me she doesn't know, but she doesn't think so, and that chances are I won't be getting the game. Then she tells me to have a pleasant day before hanging up on me.......ARGGGGGGHHH
I guess the bright side is I'll save $100 when the time comes.

Two others here called customer service and hey did it. Call back ask for manager.

Two others here called customer service and hey did it. Call back ask for manager.
Seriously? What tactics did they use? I had the same issue as jimmyhowlett and both me and my wife were unsuccessful in our two separate attempts to resolve the issue w/customer service. We were going to try one more time still but I haven't been hopeful.

jimmyhowlett

Neo Member
Seriously? What tactics did they use? I had the same issue as jimmyhowlett and both me and my wife were unsuccessful in our two separate attempts to resolve the issue w/customer service. We were going to try one more time still but I haven't been hopeful.

It happened to you guys, too? I feel bad that there are others in the same situation. I just hoped customer service was nicer to you guys. Cuz the best part of that phone call was definitely when they lady more or less told me to screw myself, then told me to have a nice day...it's that last part that was really irritating. It was so insincere.
This seems like a giant flaw in Namco Bandai's system... making people preorder a game 5 months ahead of time and then not letting them change anything if something comes up.

Thanks, Sushigod. I'll try that and demand to speak to the manager; this gives me hope.

Sushigod7

Hm, I was in the exact same situation. I called and asked them to change the expiration date and security code. They told me they'd do it and gave me a ticket number. It wasn't something they did immediately and there was no mention of a test charge. I should call them again and see if it was fixed. Just need to try to find the note where I wrote down the ticket number...

I had a close one with my preorder.

When I ordered this in July, the credit card I used was set to expire later this year. Now that my new card has come in, I called up Digital River to give them my new expiration date.

The first person to take my call said updating my info was not possible. The only option would be to cancel my order, and place a new one. I tried to explain that it wasn't possible to order a new one. After getting the run around, I hung up and called again.

The next person to take my call was easily able to change my expiration date. And explained that a test charge will be going on my card in the next few days.

PHEW! I'm glad I called back. Digital River's reputation proves to be true.

These are the two I was talking about. jaekwon15 was successful Het looks like he was half way there. I'd keep calling until someone resolves it. This was my worry ordering from them that early as well, so I didn't. Hope they fix it for you guys.

Carnby

These are the two I was talking about. jaekwon15 was successful Het looks like he was half way there. I'd keep calling until someone resolves it. This was my worry ordering from them that early as well, so I didn't. Hope they fix it for you guys.

Wait a second... When I called I didn't update my security code. Ok, I'm calling them back later today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Carnby

Update: I called to change my security code, and in the process I learned that they still had my old expiration date on file. I was told my expiration date and security code could not be updated. I hung up, and called again. The same thing happened.

I hung up and called for a third time. In this call I was told that he forwarded my new information to their accounting department. I was told I will receive and email from them in thirty minutes. I'm not holding my breath.

Luckily I preordered two copies, each with a different card. I'll consider this copy a lost cause. The other order still has a valid card attached to it. I'll let you know if anything happens, but if you are having the same problem, I would just assume that you are not getting a copy of the Wizard Edition.

Thanks for quoting! Much appreciated. It's helpful to know that at least one person has been successful at getting Digital River to fix things. (fucking Digital River..../smh)

Carnby

Thanks for quoting! Much appreciated. It's helpful to know that at least one person has been successful at getting Digital River to fix things. (fucking Digital River..../smh)

No it didn't work. Read my post above.

Here is the email from Digital River's accounting department.

Dear *********,

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We understand that you want to update the expiration date of the credit
card you have used in your order. However, we were able to verify that
we are no longer able to do as you have requested.

Please be informed that your bank has already authorized the
preauthorization/ temporary hold of this order so this may go through.

As advised by our escalations team, please contact your bank/credit card
company and ask them to let the charge go through once order completes.

Contacting your bank/credit card company does not work. They can't let a charge on an expired card go through.

We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
Aldrin S
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
customer.service@digitalriver.com

Long short: If you preordered with a card that is now expired, you are SOL. Sorry.

C-Jo

Well, shit. I have the same issue. However, I can't find any correspondence that shows a credit card number associated with my order. I updated my default payment method on the website. Who knows if that'll actually work...

jimmyhowlett

Neo Member
Long short: If you preordered with a card that is now expired, you are SOL. Sorry.

Boo... Oh, well. Like I mentioned before, guess I just saved a hundred dollars. More importantly, I learned a valuable lesson: never buy anything from Namco Bandai again. This is just awful customer service. Why don't they want my money?

Wow, so this doesn't come out for over a month still and they decided that making it impossible to update credit card issue and not getting any money is better than selling it? I hope I ordered this with my credit card and not my debit card since I had to change my debit card. I don't even remember now that it's been so long. Why do companies still use digital river?

Sushigod7

Wow for something that literally takes minutes and the fact that they have already done it for other customers this is pretty shitty service. Certainly not going to use them for anything if DR is involved.

Wat?
PS3 is region free, games can be region locked, and there's only one: Persona 4 Arena.
how can you have region locked games on a region free system? Ps3 has a region code for ps3 and ps1disc based games and video blurays. BUT 99.99% of ps3 disc based games work on any region.

Peagles

Ugh that is just terrible. I mean, sure, if they charge when you order then it's done and dusted and paid to begin with, that'd be fine. But not being able to change orders that were made, what, 4 or more months in advance? That's just stupid.

On the plus side, that might mean that a whole bunch of people who were affected by this will have their copies released on the store at release? If you're quick you could nab your own copy back again?

Ugh that is just terrible. I mean, sure, if they charge when you order then it's done and dusted and paid to begin with, that'd be fine. But not being able to change orders that were made, what, 4 or more months in advance? That's just stupid.

On the plus side, that might mean that a whole bunch of people who were affected by this will have their copies released on the store at release? If you're quick you could nab your own copy back again?

I would say the more likely scenario is digital rivers employees getting the opportunity to buy the game and resell, with any leftover copies being put on the site. Or, one guy buys all leftoves and sells on Ebay/Amazon for $$$

Apath

Do you get an email if there is an issue? My card was "stolen" and the credit card company sent me a new card, so I updated my credit card information on their website and haven't received an e-mail or anything.

C-Jo

Do you get an email if there is an issue? My card was "stolen" and the credit card company sent me a new card, so I updated my credit card information on their website and haven't received an e-mail or anything.

Same deal with me. But by the sounds of it, I wouldn't expect to hear anything.

jrcbandit

Guess I saved myself $100 ;p. I don't remember what credit card I used but one was replaced for potential online fraud and another was updated with new expiration date. Maybe I ordered with my amex, otherwise I won't be getting the special edition due to Bandai Namco incompetence. I definitely won't be purchasing the game in any form if my order gets cancelled.

LiK

it would be much easier if they used Amazon to fulfill their orders. but all these pubs likes Digital River for some reason.

Danj

Wow, so glad I live outside the US and ordered this from Amazon, sounds like you guys are having some major problems there :(

Top Bottom