• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

i tried to change shipping address but they want me to contact them at +1 952-392-2057 and they wont update it via email -__-
such a service is such primitive, i should be able to adjust all that from my order page ... sigh

DTJAAAAM

Starting to think I may have screwed myself out of getting one. Placed my order right at 10 AM, but wanted 2-day shipping after seeing the price difference. Called Club Namco about 50 minutes later and they had to cancel my initial order and redo it to "upgrade" the shipping. We'll see if I was meant to own it.

the funny thing is the normal EU version has leaked to our country and it's sold for $40 new and sealed ...
and i managed to order the WE EU version for $115 including importing and handling fees

but i canceled all that and decided to take WE US version for $118.55 excluding importing handling fees, which will cost me an extra $40 maximum , which means $158.55 T__T

i know i wont regret it, but still too much :(

Fularu

Banned
I ordered the french QE version, I wonder if the game will have dual audio... (It usually does in France...).

I won't get it before septembre though :(

Goldrusher

I ordered the french QE version, I wonder if the game will have dual audio... (It usually does in France...).

I won't get it before septembre though :(

The game is only English-Japanese. No other audio.
Subtitles are English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.
The book is English... even in France.

Eusis

The book is English... even in France.
I seem to recall them saying it was too complicated to bring out due to the book needing to be translated, and I think it's because they'd actually have to translated to multiple languages for Europe (possibly Canada?) to make it work. Whicha ctually seems kind of odd with how many games are English only, but given the game's not great it probably wasn't even worth the effort of dealing with English only.

zeopower6

I seem to recall them saying it was too complicated to bring out due to the book needing to be translated, and I think it's because they'd actually have to translated to multiple languages for Europe (possibly Canada?) to make it work. Which actually seems kind of odd with how many games are English only, but given the game's not great it probably wasn't even worth the effort of dealing with English only.

That seems a bit concerning if the in-game book is only in English. (obviously not the physical one) I know it would be intense for them to have to have 5 different languages for the book but hopefully it doesn't get in the way of the gameplay for anyone who has to play in Spanish/French/German/Italian.

Acrylic7

Preordered to late? When did you preorder?

I just recenty found out that NiNoKuni had a steelbook. I was hoping that Gamestop would be getting a few extra s in, but he said that it was a early preorder-bonus where they would only get a certain amount in for those who pre-ordered a long time ago.

I really dont want that ugly ass regular case :/

Friggz

Last night I spent almost three hours on the phone with the Namco store trying to get my payment info changed. (as I mentioned earlier, my credit car company changed my card number with no warning so my old order will certainly be denied)

I talked to several techs and supervisors and NO ONE can figure out how to transfer my existing pre-order into another order. I was told that my issue has been escalated and that I would receive a response within 24 to 72 business hours. ..which means that when they tell me nothing can be done, It will already be too late.

Digital River is the biggest trashpile on the internet. How on earth can you have a store that accepts pre-orders but does NOT allow you to change your payment method? These guys have been around for years, too!

i ordered mine late as well, but if my order doesnt get canceled. (i received an email about stock issues, so it probably will) I will sell you mine for the price i paid.

Eusis

That seems a bit concerning if the in-game book is only in English. (obviously not the physical one) I know it would be intense for them to have to have 5 different languages for the book but hopefully it doesn't get in the way of the gameplay for anyone who has to play in Spanish/French/German/Italian.
Oh, I meant the physical one. But you couldn't stick the digital one in the DS game, which is why I imagine it's a problem for that one.

I guess you could theoretically remake that for 3DS and improve some of the issues while using the extra space/power to get digital versions of the book on, but it's probably not worth the effort at this point.

Jeels

Digital River is the biggest trashpile on the internet. How on earth can you have a store that accepts pre-orders but does NOT allow you to change your payment method? These guys have been around for years, too!

Yup, definitely my worst online transaction experience.

zeopower6

What's the likelihood of a reprint (specifically for EU), 0%?

For the normal edition? Likely.

Wizard's Edition... I think they're only doing one printing. They had more than the US preorder overall because it was being done ONLY through Club Namco for the special Ni no Starter.

BosSin

Wizard's Edition... I think they're only doing one printing. They had more than the US preorder overall because it was being done ONLY through Club Namco for the special Ni no Starter.

I didn't think the normal edition was going out of stock.
It's a shame that the Wizard's edition is never going to be available for reasonable prices anymore (damn inflated ebay items) as I was on the fence with the game until it had been getting overall praise from most people that have played it

epmode

i ordered mine late as well, but if my order doesnt get canceled. (i received an email about stock issues, so it probably will) I will sell you mine for the price i paid.

I love you. Still no response about my order so I guess it'll come right down to the wire.

Eusis

i don't think they will do a reprint if there's a digital version. only way for a reprint if they plan to add more content.
If people are buying plenty of copies at retail then it makes sense to keep the retail copy in print, give people what they want and all (plus the game is HUGE on PSN so downloading truly isn't an option for many). Most likely if sales are exactly where they expect they won't see a need for a reprint, nevermind if it tanks.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

yeah, reprinting CEs is incredibly expensive and risky.

Eusis

yeah, reprinting CEs is incredibly expensive and risky.
And the whole point is that they're an awesome, limited edition version for huge fans or just people who got hyped up and had enough spare cash to not care. While cases like this are an extreme (though I think the most extreme is MGS3:Subsistence's LE: it's just a damn movie DVD extra, why not be a bit less conservative?) they don't seem to ever reprint more unless they specifically screwed up as Namco Bandai MIGHT have for Dark Souls.

I completed my order roughly under 14 minutes after it went up. At least thats when i saved my pdf receipt so I'd hope that i'd be ok. But after what happened to my Barnes and Noble Hyrule Historia order you'll never know :s

I ordered mine right at 1 (EST) yesterday. Got my confirmation e-mail and everything. This whole "oversold debacle" has me worried. I checked my bank account and they haven't charged me yet.

Has anyone that used a credit/debit card to pay for it been charged yet? Or do they charge when they ship?

Sushigod7

Completely blows they oversold so it sounds like the orders they are worried about they have notified already? What exactly the did the email say?

Magpul

Banned
I ordered within a couple of minutes of it going live, did it right in front of new coworkers I was getting introduced to lol. I just got back from Gamestop, I was being all nice and flirty with the manager and asked for the Steelbook after that and she gave it to me. Now I'm just not going to pick up my preorder. Hell yeah!

Zafir

Last night I spent almost three hours on the phone with the Namco store trying to get my payment info changed. (as I mentioned earlier, my credit car company changed my card number with no warning so my old order will certainly be denied)

I talked to several techs and supervisors and NO ONE can figure out how to transfer my existing pre-order into another order. I was told that my issue has been escalated and that I would receive a response within 24 to 72 business hours. ..which means that when they tell me nothing can be done, It will already be too late.

I can't even buy from Digital River anymore. Tried to order something cross seas and they put me on the blacklist and never been able to get off it.

If any of them do happen to get cancelled, you could still go for the European version if you don't mind waiting. I know shopto still had some of the Wizards editions left. Sucks that they oversold though. :/

epmode

I can't even buy from Digital River anymore. Tried to order something cross seas and they put me on the blacklist and never been able to get off it.

If any of them do happen to get cancelled, you could still go for the European version if you don't mind waiting. I know shopto still had some of the Wizards editions left. Sucks that they oversold though. :/

I wouldn't mind importing but the whole reason I want the CE is the book and I'm pretty sure the European release is getting a Japanese language book. Maybe I'm mistaken!

Sushigod7

Well, they 'sold out' in about two hours, so it's that last hour or so that's iffy.

I'm having trouble follow the comments about this really, someone mentioned they got a email about stock issues? Your saying they had stock for 2hrs? Is there a bottom line or final comment from Namco I missed or is everyone just guessing?

zeopower6

I'm having trouble follow the comments about this really, someone mentioned they got a email about stock issues? Your saying they had stock for 2hrs? Is there a bottom line or final comment from Namco I missed or is everyone just guessing?

Well, this all started because apparently someone (PlayCanada) said that Namco oversold in about two hours or so. I don't know about the email thing.

Sushigod7

Well, this all started because apparently someone (PlayCanada) said that Namco oversold in about two hours or so. I don't know about the email thing.

This is the one I was talking about couldn't find it before.

I ordered within minutes of it going live so I assume I'm safe as well. Just don't get why someone from another board who talked to someone from Play Canada who talked to someone from Namco said this etc. Is even considered legit. It's like that time my roommates brothers sisters grandma saw Elvis at a gas station in Tulsa.

zeopower6

Well, the reason why that is kind of legitimate is because PlayCanada got a bunch of Wizard's Editions directly from Namco Bandai (not scalped) and are in close contact with them for w/e reason.

Maybe someone can post their stock issues email so we can verify this?

Zafir

I wouldn't mind importing but the whole reason I want the CE is the book and I'm pretty sure the European release is getting a Japanese language book. Maybe I'm mistaken!

Where did you hear that?

If they're already translating it into English for the US version I don't really get why they'd release it in Japanese for Europe? Kind of disappointed if it is the case though... My Japanese is no where near good enough to be reading something in depth yet.

This game really, really makes me wish I hadn't sold my PS3 back in spring 2011. At the time there was nothing on the horizon that interested me and I was stupid so I sold mine for $160.

I need to get a PS3. I must play this game.

zeopower6

Where did you hear that?

If they're already translating it into English for the US version I don't really get why they'd release it in Japanese for Europe? Kind of disappointed if it is the case though... My Japanese is no where near good enough to be reading something in depth yet.

That's actually very wrong.

GAME and other retailers in the UK/EU are giving away the Japanese version of the book (they all got copies from Namco Bandai EU) with a VERY LIMITED AMOUNT OF PREORDERS but the book in the Wizard's Edition is in English.

madhtr

Where did you hear that?

The pre-order bonus at one of the stores for the regular edition was the Japanese version of the book. The WE version will be in English.

Edit: Didn't notice we were on a new page.... whoops.

Magpul

Banned
Where did you hear that?

The book that comes with a preorder of the regular game at the Game.co.uk site is in Japanese.

epmode

Thanks for the clarification on the European release. Unfortunately, ShopTo is sold out as well. I really hope Digital River figures out this "credit card" thing.

Zafir

That's actually very wrong.

GAME and other retailers in the UK/EU are giving away the Japanese version of the book (they all got copies from Namco Bandai EU) with a VERY LIMITED AMOUNT OF PREORDERS but the book in the Wizard's Edition is in English.
Ah fair enough. Thanks for clarification.

Top Bottom