• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

fvng

Fuck You Namco.

• First, they accidentally cancel a wave of preorders without explanation
  • Second, they take all those preorders that were cancelled and started selling them to other customers on their online store earlier today. Completely unannounced. Didn't even bother rectifying their error or figuring out whose orders were cancelled in error.
  • Third, they did not bother to comply with their promise to ship the game on release date (yesterday) many haven't even received shipping confirmations yet
  • If you paid a premium for next day shipping, you wasted that money because you didn't get your game the day after it was released.
  • David Wales, an employee at Gearbox Software, tweeted that he was able to nab one the wizard editions when they fucked up the pre-orders.
  • Namco, Please stop using Digital River. They are notoriously horrible at any kind of commerce. Please try and be prepared for the demand for your game. Jesus Christ.

David Wales' tweet regarding how he scored a Wizard Edition.

https://twitter.com/ManginaUnited/status/294179123146936320

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Same here, and agreed... I guess too much to hope for Saturday delivery, huh?

Do FedEx/UPS even do Sat. delivery?
I know that USPS and certain Amazon.com courier services do.
But yeah, pretty sure that it's too much to hope for, regardless.

:/

I'm in Quebec, Canada. When I buy on amazon.com they ship with UPS and I never had to pay any fees... have I just been lucky?

There is no way I will pay an additional 50$something for this...

Just changed from shipping label to tracking info!

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 01/24/2013, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

madhtr

UPS does, but I think it costs more, and I doubt DR is going to fork over any money to make this right.

zeopower6

Fuck You Namco.

• First, they accidentally cancel a wave of preorders without explanation
  • Second, they take all those preorders that were cancelled and started selling them to other customers on their online store earlier today. Completely unannounced. Didn't even bother rectifying their error or figuring out whose orders were cancelled in error.
  • Third, they did not bother to comply with their promise to ship the game on release date (yesterday) many haven't even received shipping confirmations yet
  • If you paid a premium for next day shipping, you wasted that money because you didn't get your game the day after it was released.
  • David Wales, an employee at Gearbox Software, tweeted that he was able to nab one the wizard editions when they fucked up the pre-orders.
  • Namco, Please stop using Digital River. They are notoriously horrible at any kind of commerce. Please try and be prepared for the demand for your game. Jesus Christ.

David Wales' tweet regarding how he scored a Wizard Edition.

https://twitter.com/ManginaUnited/status/294179123146936320

They should not have been able to even preorder. :/

And they did not promise to ship on release date. That was -never- mentioned.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm in Quebec, Canada. When I buy on amazon.com they ship with UPS and I never had to pay any fees... have I just been lucky?

Amen mon frere.

I wonder if I can get a refund since a) Paypal charge when through months ago and b) it might be shipping soon.

LiK

No for FedEx and UPS will only deliver on Sat if you paid extra. So no for this order.

fvng

Rang up their customer support 3x in the past week they confirmed each time it would definitely shipped on release date. Each (different) representative stated the same thing.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

That sucks for the people who had their pre-order cancelled though. That also better mean that the current pre-orders weren't oversold because they apparently opened up the site earlier today giving away some people's wrongfully cancelled pre-orders (and, in that situation, DR or Namco should be obliged to honor the person who originally pre-ordered the copy).

Also, are there two different versions of the strategy guide? I thought I saw some people refer to a CE version of the guide. I ordered the hardcover one from Amazon so is that the best one if there are two versions?

No shipping confirmation, no luck on track by reference, I'm starting to feel unloved. Just print the label! Put it in a pile, I don't care! Print! The! Label!

Same situation here. Nada and still nervous I'm getting f'd by the poison water known as digital river.

zeopower6

Rang up their customer support 3x in the past week they confirmed each time it would definitely shipped on release date. Each (different) representative stated the same thing.

If you talked to a representative, fine.

However, what was said in most people's order invoices was...

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 1/22/2013 for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive."

That does not mean "this will ship on the release date".

Eusis

I hope they at least give free copies of the game to people who lost their LEs, maybe throw the strategy guide in. That is if they can't actually remedy this and get WEs allocated for them now, there's that slim possibility some of those lucky people took copies that had cards rejected for being old and no attempts to get them updated, were canceled but never opened back up, whatever.

fvng

If you talked to a representative, fine.

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 1/22/2013 for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive."

yeah that's what they said, and by the way, we're officially 'after the release date'

That sucks for the people who had their pre-order cancelled though. That also better mean that the current pre-orders weren't oversold because they apparently opened up the site earlier today giving away some people's wrongfully cancelled pre-orders (and, in that situation, DR or Namco should be obliged to honor the person who originally pre-ordered the copy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZYsyrP3Co

frequency

Amazon.com takes import fees at check out (which they often refund a portion of). So you wouldn't pay anything extra at the door. This prevents UPS from charging you brokerage.

Another possibility is that they used higher tier services. UPS Worldwide Express and other higher cost services do not take a brokerage fee from you.
UPS Ground does take a brokerage fee. That is the bulk of the additional costs. Duties may vary. So on the website I linked earlier you may not pay those exact duty fees. The brokerage fee is pretty accurate though.
Yes. It costs less money in the end and ships much quicker to pay for higher tier shipping services than to use UPS Ground.

If you doubt me, feel free to search for "UPS Brokerage" using your favourite search engine.

The only hope here is that Digital River has an office in Canada that they will ship to. That office would eat the fees. And then they ship from there, saving us the extra cost.
But that's highly unlikely.

If you doubt me, feel free to search for "UPS Brokerage" on your favourite search engine.

Even though I do not want to, I totally believe you... =(

Someone posted this:

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We show that your order is complete, and it will be shipping soon via
Canada Ground Shipping.

Unfortunately, stocks have been depleted and we do not have a current
ETA on when stocks will be replenished. Rest assured that you will
receive a separate shipping notification email when your order ships. If
you do not receive the email, please check your Spam or Junk folders as
emails occasionally get incorrectly routed there by email providers.

We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
Diana B.

What it is with the mention of Canada Ground Shipping?

No shipping confirmation, no luck on track by reference, I'm starting to feel unloved. Just print the label! Put it in a pile, I don't care! Print! The! Label!

Same and I'm getting pretty furious about it. I might end up contacting their and/or Digital River's Customer service to complain, This is the absolute worst I've ever dealt with any order before

zeopower6

I'm a little behind the times - who exactly lost their pre-orders?

Lots of people had preorders that were canceled due to credit card issues (some even nonexistent! Since all the correct information was there)

Seems like Digital River has been sending out e-mails though for people to reorder if they can.

TentPole

Yeah, after I already committed to next day shipping. When you order an item online that has a release date with next day shipping it is fair to expect to receive that on release or the day after. Stop defending shitty service.

fvng

Lots of people had preorders that were canceled due to credit card issues (some even nonexistent! Since all the correct information was there)

Seems like Digital River has been sending out e-mails though for people to reorder if they can.

Maybe one day Namco will use an online vendor service that notifies you within 72 hours of shipping of any payment issues. Some had no credit card issues, some were outright cancelled for no reason. In any case, selling the wizard editions that were cancelled to other customers is douchebaggery of the highest order.

Stop defending shitty service.

Preach.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
No for FedEx and UPS will only deliver on Sat if you paid extra. So no for this order.
FedEx Home Delivery will deliver on Saturdays for no extra charge in the US. (In exchange, they won't deliver on Mondays.)

Unless you paid extra for 2-3 day shipping, if you're in the US and your package is coming via FedEx it's probably Home Delivery.

zeopower6

Yeah, after I already committed to next day shipping. When you order an item online that has a release date with next day shipping it is fair to expect to receive that on release or the day after. Stop defending shitty service.

I am just telling it as it is. I don't really condone how they are handling this (aka not at all) but people are twisting their words around. Stop acting like they said it was going to ship on the release day when they never said that. They are shipping now though and people are going to get it next day. WHAT IS THE ISSUE HERE?

The only hope here is that Digital River has an office in Canada that they will ship to. That office would eat the fees. And then they ship from there, saving us the extra cost.
But that's highly unlikely.

The mail that I quoted earlier that someone received makes me believe somehow...

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We show that your order is complete, and it will be shipping soon via
Canada Ground Shipping.

Unfortunately, stocks have been depleted and we do not have a current
ETA on when stocks will be replenished. Rest assured that you will
receive a separate shipping notification email when your order ships. If
you do not receive the email, please check your Spam or Junk folders as
emails occasionally get incorrectly routed there by email providers.

We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
Diana B.

fvng

I am just telling it as it is. I don't really condone how they are handling this (aka not at all) but people are twisting their words around. Stop acting like they said it was going to ship on the release day when they never said that.

He never said that. I said that. Furthermore, I said it because that's what they advised me.

They are mishandling the fuck out of this, even if you put the late shipments aside and forgive them for that, they still botched this entire thing.

My CC got charged, but I am getting absolutely no notification and their website says sold out. If they never ship my copy and charge my CC, I'm going to be very mad. I would not be surprised because I initially tried to cancel, but it seems like they never did that.

RIP. makes it sound like next day.

No it doesn't. Why would ground shipping be next day shipping?

Some of you guys are getting worked up over nothing. UPS also doesn't update their tracking for packages shipped today until late tonight or early tomorrow. Digital River sucks but some of the stuff in this thread is ridiculous.

Still nothing for me.

Order is still in process. UPS tracking says nothing, not even labels printed, and the CC charge is still pending.

Very poor service.

Make sure you enter the reference number (second option), not the initial box.

should i filling all fields or just the ref number? cause it gives me error :

O5A94669.png

Eusis

I'm glad that I was able to get in on this but what a bizzare decision. Why would you not want to meet demand on a product if you could?
Different for a collector's edition I'd think. A lot of physical goods to produce that were only justified at a higher bulk, and it'd take awhile to make enough for anyone screwed over. It's the inverse of just printing the game, where discs are cheap, they're skimping a bit on the manual, and cases are a dime a dozen (probably a hundred actually), so may as well prting them up as people want them.

Top Bottom