• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Sushigod7

It may have been rendered irrelevant by this post:

But I think I may have burned my bridges. My e-mail response:

There will not be a next time. Give me my money back and go fuck yourselves.

Sincerely,
Customer

Your right they cancelled each other out for sure. I'm going to write them back the same thing pretty much. It seems the game is sold out almost everywhere now too so finding a copy to play is going to be fun now. I may end up downloading I guess.

I imagine those of us who ordered way back in June/July are being treated with priority but...I just don't get it, where the hell are the extra WEs going? Did they never exist?

Aeana warned y'all

ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

I'm safe but still =/ Sucks for fellow gaffers

Sushigod7

On hold with them right now. They must be getting slammed with some very pissed off customers.

Yeah they are when I called a little bit ago rang right through this round of emails has pissed off hundreds.

And to think I could have just downloaded this off of PSN.

Still waiting on my email first. Am i to assume they can handle refunds better than they can their inventory count?

Just dispute with the CC company screw asking these shit bags for anything.

chrono01

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Despite mine apparently being safe [I did pre-order mine last year during the initial sales, so I had better be!], and it showing up on the UPS tracking when using my Order Number, I really do feel bad for those of you having your orders cancelled like this. I'm not just saying that, either, I honestly feel horrible. To have something that you desperately desire [after waiting so long] and be told multiple times that "everything is alright" and have it suddenly taken from you? Well, I can't imagine that's an enjoyable feeling.

I hope Namco Bandai finds a way to fulsill each and every one of your orders, although personally, I have a feeling that the $20 voucher will be the only "consolidation" you will receive. That's inexcusable. I'm upset/outraged, and I'm not even affected [hopefully]. I can't imagine how you guys feel. :(

Omfg. Just got my cancellation email. Feel like crying. Really thought I was going to get one. I ordered right at 1, like a bunch of other people. Daaaaaamn it =

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I ordered in the restock... I was within the first minute of it being on the site.

My UPS search by reference shows a label created -did any of you guys who got cancelled have a shipping label via UPS?

hawk2025

Has anyone who *does* have a shipping label show up had their order cancelled?

I ordered within literally one minute of the link showing up (11:59) for the re-stock, and I do have a shipping label printed with my order number on UPS... I wonder if I'm safe? No email yet, but I absolutely expect the worse.

Eusis

Has anyone who ordered in the second wave gotten the label before being told they canceled? Because I haven't gotten anything yet but that label IS there and trackable.
I'll laugh if I somehow bought the only extra they had.

brainpann

Well crud. This whole ordeal is such a bummer. I went from thinking I needed to unload an extra WE, to now wondering if I am gonna even get one at all.

f.u.c.k

Magpul

Banned

I ordered within literally one minute of the link showing up (11:59) for the re-stock, and I do have a shipping label printed with my order number on UPS... I wonder if I'm safe? No email yet, but I absolutely expect the worse.

Well if you have a UPS label created I'm sure you're fine.

I ordered the damn thing within a minute of it going live on their site and I just got the cancellation e-mail. Now I'm on hold waiting to bitch them out for it.

I ordered in the restock... I was within the first minute of it being on the site.

My UPS search by reference shows a label created -did any of you guys who got cancelled have a shipping label via UPS?

They are incompetent, they probably boxed every one up, printed labels for them all, and then ran out of boxes and couldn't figure out what to do.

ys45

Oh that's just great :

Dear Customer:

Digital River is very sorry for the problems you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Regretfully, we must inform you that because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. As a result, we were unable to fulfill your order because it was placed after the stock was depleted. You will receive an official order cancellation notice within 24-48 hours.

I ordered like 5 mins after the restock had begun ...and they charged me in top of that

Well FY Bamco and DR , i guess il go get the game at a local games store tomorrow then .

Anyone know if the official strategy guide is like (or close to) the book that came with the WE ?

zeopower6

The link showed up at around 9:55~am PST iirc.

I guess maybe they sent some emails prematurely? I don't know agh....

CONAN

I received a text from my bank & until now I didn't get any email about my shipment. is my shipment still alive or they cancel it? T_T

epmode

Can I get this straightly answered?:

Will I get an email when it is shipped out? I have heard nothing yet.

I got an email saying it shipped although it included no tracking information. I was able to look up my order number on ups.com and I now see that the package left Tennessee.

I ordered in late June.

Zafir

Man, I was a bit disappointed Europe had to wait a week and had a watered down WE, but looking at all these issues, I'm kind of glad we didn't have to mess around with Digital River to get it. Entirely not surprised considering all the issues I've had ordering from their online stores, it baffles me why company's still use them.

I just got off the phone with them and they said that the email was sent to me by a accident and that my Wizard Edition is ready to be shipped off within 24-48 hours. I dunno what to believe anymore.

Shawn128

I just got off the phone with customer service. They said they're aware of cancellation emails going out (although I think she meant the emails occurring earlier, not sure that she knew I was referring to this mass email that was seemingly sent out to everyone) and they have someone working on it. On top of that, she said my order was good to go according to her records and to ignore the email.

So...I'm not sure what to believe now at this point. I can't tell if this is legit or it was in fact actually accidentally sent out to everyone. I think it should be noted, however, that the online payment system on Namco's online store is terrible and it's creating a lot of ill-will towards them. Hopefully something more than a $20 dollar coupon (which I can't even use to buy the standard edition cause its sold out!!) would suffice to us going through this ordeal.

Edit: I ordered as part of the restock btw

CONAN

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

so this is good right ?

Of course what they are doing to make up for the inconvenience is giving me a $20 credit which would require me going through the ordeal of using their shitty site again. Fuck that.

Top Bottom