• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Lucent

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Despite mine apparently being safe [I did pre-order mine last year during the initial sales, so I had better be!], and it showing up on the UPS tracking when using my Order Number, I really do feel bad for those of you having your orders cancelled like this. I'm not just saying that, either, I honestly feel horrible. To have something that you desperately desire [after waiting so long] and be told multiple times that "everything is alright" and have it suddenly taken from you? Well, I can't imagine that's an enjoyable feeling.

I hope Namco Bandai finds a way to fulsill each and every one of your orders, although personally, I have a feeling that the $20 voucher will be the only "consolidation" you will receive. That's inexcusable. I'm upset/outraged, and I'm not even affected [hopefully]. I can't imagine how you guys feel. :(

I basically said the same thing to my friend just now. I ordered this June 29th last year and mine is coming Friday, but just being in this thread has made me upset. They had so much time to prepare for this. Initial pre-order window stopped in September or something. They had all that time until now to be prepared. They turned everyone's excitement into rage.

Namco Bandai may not have been the ones who handled the shipping and all that but they are the ones who chose Digital River. So they are partly responsible. They need to go through someone else or partner with Amazon or something.

iammeiam

Well fuck DigitalRiver I guess. Order confirmation from 4 minutes into the restock period, paid through Paypal, they've been dicking around in my account today (generated a new empty order backedated to the 17th at some point today, god knows why), just got the cancellation e-mail.

Not calling CS because I'm going to go out on a limb and guess all CS knows is that my order isn't cancelled in the system yet, not that it's going to be manually cancelled in the next couple of days.

Pretty bullshit. I'm not raging, because I could have ordered last year I guess but didn't get around to it before they pulled preorders. Just disappointed.

Sushigod7

I just got off the phone with customer service. They said they're aware of cancellation emails going out (although I think she meant the emails occurring earlier, not sure that she knew I was referring to this mass email that was seemingly sent out to everyone) and they have someone working on it. On top of that, she said my order was good to go according to her records and to ignore the email.

So...I'm not sure what to believe now at this point. I can't tell if this is legit or it was in fact actually accidentally sent out to everyone. I think it should be noted, however, that the online payment system on Namco's online store is terrible and it's creating a lot of ill-will towards them. Hopefully something more than a $20 dollar coupon (which I can't even use to buy the standard edition cause its sold out!!) would suffice to us going through this ordeal.

Yeah same here the guy put me on hold came back said "actually your order is set to be shipped and you should get another email with the tracking within 24-48hrs" I said the guy earlier said it was shipping today so now it's not? He said no it will ship within 24-48hrs, I asked about the email he said don't worry about it, "it's sort of a glitch"

So maybe they sent this out so we could all get $20 off but forgot to change the verbage? Wow these guys are really fucking with people.

Eusis

They can shove that coupon up their asses, this will be the last time I deal with them.

Except there's nothing to buy on that damn site and only one or two items are $19.99 and even then you will still have to pay for shipping. This has been a horrible experience.
Yeah, it's effectively a $10 off coupon. Who cares, I can already save $5 off of the PSN, and that's no tax so I saved about as much as that coupon would have.

Now Gmail's not fully loading in my browser. Nothing when I check elsewhere though. No news is good news I guess though.
So maybe they sent this out so we could all get $20 off but forgot to change the verbage? Wow these guys are really fucking with people.
Could be an apology for taking so long to ship... which of course would figure that they'd screw up the apology too.

I honestly can not understand why companies keep going to them. Are they like a mafia, threatening people who DON'T use them?

Nirran

I am so confused right now. I just got off of the phone with Digital Rivers. He said emails are being sent out to people on accident and looked up my copy and it is boxed and ready to be shipped out tomorrow. I have no idea to believe the rep or the email now.

Le-mo

Ordered at 1:03 EST on restock. This is really a mess.
Wow, this has been a mess. One gaffer ordered 1 minute on restock and he got a cancellation email if yours is fine then I would assume his is too. I ordered within 6 minutes on restock so I hope mine is also a "glitch."

Sushigod7

I am so confused right now. I just got off of the phone with Digital Rivers. He said emails are being sent out to people on accident and looked up my copy and it is boxed and ready to be shipped out tomorrow. I have no idea to believe the rep or the email now.

I know me either, I hung up and kind of looked at the wall. I figured it would answer questions better than DR did. I have no idea what is going on.

I ordered pretty much EXACTLY when the restock went live, and managed to get mine shipped. Sorry to all those who got cancellations. Namco Bandai and Digital River totally screwed the pooch on this one.

iammeiam

I think we need somebody who's spoken to an actual supervisor after the cancellation e-mails went out, not just a floor rep. The e-mail makes it sound like "We'll be cancelling your stuff within the next couple of days."--so any CS person who looks at your order would think it's fine and in fulfillment, because they all still say they are.

If the cancellation e-mails that went out were an error, fine, but I'm not inclined to believe this just because somebody on the phone says my order hasn't been cancelled yet. A supervisor should know if there's been official communication regarding the e-mail, or if it's just CSR floor chatter.

I think we need somebody who's spoken to an actual supervisor after the cancellation e-mails went out, not just a floor rep. The e-mail makes it sound like "We'll be cancelling your stuff within the next couple of days."--so any CS person who looks at your order would think it's fine and in fulfillment, because they all still say they are.

If the cancellation e-mails that went out were an error, fine, but I'm not inclined to believe this just because somebody on the phone says my order hasn't been cancelled yet. A supervisor should know if there's been official communication regarding the e-mail, or if it's just CSR floor chatter.

Talking to one right now.

They're getting an ear full of it right now

zeopower6

Still no email of cancellation (i purchased within first ten minutes of restock) and no UPS label via reference number.

Maybe they did catch that email going out and put a stop to it?

The email was literally sent out about an hour ago... maybe they did catch them before they were sent to more people?

I got my shipping label earlier and now UPS is actually tracking where it is for me, says it just left TN like an hour ago.

Company is a mess though and I feel bad for anyone that gets permanently screwed over here.

My order number doesn't show up on the UPS site, I ordered back in September :/ Not as bad as the July/August peoples though. I hope we all get coupons or a refund on the shipping costs at least, don't want the former as I don't plan on using them ever again (unless they do something crazy for Dark Souls 2)

Edit: using the detailed search function does find it, a label has been created although the package still has to arrive at It's facility. Kind of woot!

hawk2025

Checked my confirmation email from back on the 17th, and it arrived on 9:59. Anyone have something earlier than this *and* got a cancellation email?

Well I doubt it will make anyone feel better but my package has gone from label to in transit on time so theoretically its on it's way here.

Mind again I ordered the first of July or so though.

MrDenny

I got my shipping label earlier and now UPS is actually tracking where it is for me, says it just left TN like an hour ago.

Company is a mess though and I feel bad for anyone that gets permanently screwed over here.
It's not even the first time they messed up.
The marvel vs capcom 3 thing was a fiasco.
You would think they would learn by now.

Sushigod7

My order number doesn't show up on the UPS site, I ordered back in September :/ Not as bad as the July/August peoples though. I hope we all get coupons or a refund on the shipping costs at least, don't want the former as I don't plan on using them ever again (even if they do something crazy for Dark Souls 2)

Fixed that for ya these guys should be a banned retailer, ban this Club Namco site as well.

Magpul

Banned
She told me that there are bulk emails going out for people who's orders are not actually canceled. She told me that my order was in process and going to be shipped within 24 hours and escalated my ticket; she told me it was not cancelled. If I don't see that shipping confirmation within 24 hours I'm going to call back and really make a point about a lawsuit due to false advertisement.

Still no email of cancellation (i purchased within first ten minutes of restock) and no UPS label via reference number.

Maybe they did catch that email going out and put a stop to it?

Same situation as me. It's eerily silent and I'm not sure I want to find out the REAL statuss on my WE.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Checked my confirmation email from back on the 17th, and it arrived on 9:59. Anyone have something earlier than this *and* got a cancellation email?

I don't think it's possible to have an earlier time.

if you guys think this is crazy, you should be apart of some poster drops I've been on. People comparing the SECOND their paypal order went through with huge quantities of refunds for oversell.

or the recent obey celebration day print that was so badly oversold they just ordered people by their last name, and cut off like the last 10 letters of the alphabet.

So this is new...

Digital River would like to express our sincere apologies for the problems that you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. The good news is because you were among the very first customers to place an order when inventory was available, we still have an opportunity to fulfill your original order. Before we are able to ship your order, we just need to you to contact our customer service department at 952-392-2057 to update your payment method. When you call, please have your order number (*********) available.

Nirran

She told me that there are bulk emails going out for people who's orders are not actually canceled. She told me that my order was in process and going to be shipped within 24 hours and escalated my ticket. If I don't see that shipping confirmation within 24 hours I'm going to call back and really make a point about a lawsuit due to false advertisement.

How do you run a shipping company and accidentally send out a huge amount of cancellation emails to people with orders that are not being canceled? This is my last time ordering with DR.

Sora_N

(I'm in Canada)

Thank you for ordering from Namco Bandai Games America on September 3, 2012. The following product(S) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11081 Ni no Kuni: W 1 1 1 $110.51

Fuck them.

Manager (Ronnie) said that the stock has been depleted and all they could do was give me 20 bucks

The "in process" part of the site also means that's in process to be cancelled and any charges on my card will be reversed.

Fixed that for ya these guys should be a banned retailer, ban this Club Namco site as well.

Heh, I know I'm awful for saying that. Suppose I'm sucker though, hopefully they don't so I'm not tempted :D

Namco ditching Digital River would be like when Capcom finally gave GFWL the boot. Happy days!

mjc

I haven't gotten a cancellation email yet....really weird. How can they 'accidentally' send out cancellation emails? Did some employee spill coffee all over the master website controls or something?

hawk2025

The weirdness keeps piling on:

- I have a confirmation email frim 9:59 PST on the 17th
- No shipping email
- Shipping Label has been printed
- Card was charged two days ago
- No cancellation email
- Now get this -- the charge on my card doesn't exist anymore!

My guess is that they literally printed a shipping label without knowing whether or not there was an actual copy to put in the box. Expecting the worse now.

Wow. How is it even possible to be this incompetent?

Kyon

Banned
I'm going to threaten a lawsuit.

Let's class action this bitch.

OMG I am SCREAMING
ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif
ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif
ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

zeopower6

So this is new...

Digital River would like to express our sincere apologies for the problems that you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. The good news is because you were among the very first customers to place an order when inventory was available, we still have an opportunity to fulfill your original order. Before we are able to ship your order, we just need to you to contact our customer service department at 952-392-2057 to update your payment method. When you call, please have your order number (*********) available.

That is new...

Weird that they have an email like that going out too.

How do you run a shipping company and accidentally send out a huge amount of cancellation emails to people with orders that are not being canceled? This is my last time ordering with DR.

They went from absolutely no communication whatsoever to sending out false emails about cancellations. I can only imagine what issues are going to come up next.

Top Bottom