• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

matmanx1

I was a little concerned about this one because I hadn't heard anything but today I got the email from the NB online store saying that my order had shipped. I don't remember which shipping option I picked but my charge was $117 and change so either Next day or 2 day at least. I hope it's worth it!

Dwayne

When it first went up a botched a paypal order and 3 minutes later made a credit card order (5 minutes after the preorders went up). Comparing the order numbers, 45 orders went through in that 3 minute period. My friend who preordered 2 hours later had a order number 1875 higher. Boy did they oversell.

This has been an emotional roller coaster. Just got off the phone--my shipment has been sent to their fulfiller and I'll be getting it soon. Jesus, never again with this company.

hawk2025

This is horrible and incredibly discouraging, but I'm honestly at the point where I'm starting to laugh at the whole thing.

Just how bad can something be screwed up?

This is it. THIS bad.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
My only hope right now is that I didn't choose next day or 2 day which could explain why no tracking label has been made and I have yet to receive the cancellation email. This still seems like a false hope right now.

hawk2025

My only hope right now is that I didn't choose next day or 2 day which could explain why no tracking label has been made and I have yet to receive the cancellation email. This still seems like a false hope right now.

Same here. 3-day shipping here (who the fuck knows why, I just wanted to complete the damn order ASAP) and I have a tracking label, but no progress otherwise.

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

iammeiam

This is horrible and incredibly discouraging, but I'm honestly at the point where I'm starting to laugh at the whole thing.

Just how bad can something be screwed up?

This is it. THIS bad.

I'm eagerly awaiting the part in the story where they fail to refund my money via Paypal and I have to do some kind of chargeback process against them.

I'd take a $20 coupon apology from Amazon because Amazon actually has shit I want and gets it right more than wrong; $20 to Club Namco is ridiculously useless.

Sushigod7

This has been an emotional roller coaster. Just got off the phone--my shipment has been sent to their fulfiller and I'll be getting it soon. Jesus, never again with this company.

Was it a supervisor or floor monkey who told you this?

I'm eagerly awaiting the part in the story where they fail to refund my money via Paypal and I have to do some kind of chargeback process against them.

I'd take a $20 coupon apology from Amazon because Amazon actually has shit I want and gets it right more than wrong; $20 to Club Namco is ridiculously useless.

Amen brother

Jessicat

I pre-ordered this game on 8/21/2012 to be shipped to Canada, but I don't understand, I haven't gotten an email yet. Logging into my account on the Namco-Bandai shop shows something like this:

SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive

Boxed Shipment
Sub-Total $99.99
Shipping $3.62
Tax $0.00
Total $103.61
I paid in full then, what happens now? ._.;

Lucent

Pretty much. I'm not even sure if I can bring myself to open mine now. What if I can buy a house with it someday?

TheChits

I pre-ordered this game on 8/21/2012 to be shipped to Canada, but I don't understand, I haven't gotten an email yet. Logging into my account on the Namco-Bandai shop shows something like this:

I paid in full then, what happens now? ._.;

That is the same day I preordered and I haven't heard anything either. We chose a cursed day ;_;

Eusis

Well, if I could use it with Capcom's store it won't be so bad, I would hope they don't have the same stocking issues with MH3U and the free Classic Controller anyway, at worst I guess they run out of CC Pros and just sell me the game, and I'd just give the extra to my brother anyway.

... It's probably worth trying, come to think of it. With how crappy DR is I wouldn't be surprised if a "clubNamco code" actually worked with anyone doing DR orders.

She told me that there are bulk emails going out for people who's orders are not actually canceled. She told me that my order was in process and going to be shipped within 24 hours and escalated my ticket; she told me it was not cancelled. If I don't see that shipping confirmation within 24 hours I'm going to call back and really make a point about a lawsuit due to false advertisement.

Lolol

Guy on the phone tells me to ignore the cancellation email I received, said that I will be getting an order, it's ready to ship out.

I don't know what the hell to believe. These guys are ass backwards.

Dwayne

They just changed the product name to include the text SOLD OUT, I wouldn't worry about that.

The people who got cancellation emails: Does your order still say "order in process" in your order details?

Yes

hawk2025

I would expect you to be safe if you have a tracking label. Unless people have already had their WE cancelled even though they have a label.

Yep, some people have actually had their order cancelled with a tracking label, I think at least two in this thread.

Peagles

Looks like we might have a new contender for my biggest botch up! Dark Horse and Amano's The Sky Final Fantasy Art Book Set may be knocked out of first place!

Hyrule Historia might knock this off top perch in a week or so though, lol.

How is it so hard to distribute stuff online? Really?

iammeiam

The people who got cancellation emails: Does your order still say "order in process" in your order details?

Yep; still looks good, and it specifically says it will be cancelled in the next few days in the e-mail (so not yet.)

I am kind of curious if the coupon codes are unique or not. Mine ended in 'eto', curious about others.

Sushigod7

You know guys I think I'm going to use my credit to buy that Naruto LE I keep seeing every fucking time I log in to the site.

Yep; still looks good, and it specifically says it will be cancelled in the next few days in the e-mail (so not yet.)

I am kind of curious if the coupon codes are unique or not. Mine ended in 'eto', curious about others.

Mine is different than that.

Eusis

Guy on the phone tells me to ignore the cancellation email I received, said that I will be getting an order, it's ready to ship out.

I don't know what the hell to believe. These guys are ass backwards.
At this point I almost expect you could have the box arrive finally from them... only for it to contain a 2.5 lb block of something. Cake mix maybe.

By the way, for anyone who gets their order canceled for real and DIDN'T buy on PSN out of impatience: are you going to wait on the game? Seriously considering it here if that happened, it's one thing if they canceled within that first week. Then fine, whatever, I'll just grab at GameStop and hope for the steel book. But at this point I may well miss out, or not even really KNOW until it really is gone and it's been days past release, so may as well just hold out with FE out in a week and a half.

zeopower6

Some people who ordered are reporting having two packages in their shipment despite only ordering and being charged for one. So some got two WEs?

Sushigod7

At this point I almost expect you could have the box arrive finally from them... only for it to contain a 2.5 lb block of something. Cake mix maybe.

By the way, for anyone who gets their order canceled for real and DIDN'T buy on PSN out of impatience: are you going to wait on the game? Seriously considering it here if that happened, it's one thing if they canceled within that first week. Then fine, whatever, I'll just grab at GameStop and hope for the steel book. But at this point I may well miss out, or not even really KNOW until it really is gone and it's been days past release, so may as well just hold out with FE out in a week and a half.

If this rings true and I'm not getting the WE I may hold off for awhile maybe even for a price drop. My guide from Amazon is going to be here Friday so maybe I'll just look through that and call it good. If this wasn't such a beautiful unique game I would skip it.

Good to know they've got unique coupon codes down, at least, then.

If it wasn't we could just post it and maybe some lurkers would take it and they would lose money. Shit I'll post mine someone else can deal with these asshats.

OK, so, I got both a shipping email and a cancellation email and I was able to use the reference number on the shipping email to pull up the tracking number on the UPS site, which shows it as in transit for delivery tomorrow. What the hell is going on?

So I got a bit of Info.

I spoke with Rich, he is a manager on duty. He tells me the reason many people are getting Cancellations emails is because Several Credit Card orders placed by people either fell through, or didn't have sufficient funds.

So, those orders dropped off their available stock, creating new available stock for other orders that were made, so he told me to completely ignore my cancellation email, and confirmed that my order was processed and will be on it's way.

So, take that for what it's worth. Still a bunch of garbage this company

hawk2025

So I got a bit of Info.

I spoke with Rich, he is a manager on duty. He tells me the reason many people are getting Cancellations emails is because Several Credit Card orders placed by people either fell through, or didn't have sufficient funds.

So, those orders dropped off their available stock, creating new available stock for other orders that were made, so he told me to completely ignore my cancellation email, and confirmed that my order was processed and will be on it's way.

I'm going to say it's not worth much, at this point :p

zeopower6

So I got a bit of Info.

I thought that was the last set of cancellations, not this current set sent today.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I wonder how many people tried to flip a WE on EBay only for their order to get cancelled?

I thought that was the last set of cancellations, not this current set sent today.

No, he explained this was just today. He gave me assurance mine is not cancelled, completely ignore the email and I'll definitely be getting one now.

So if this falls through, there will really be a problem.

Wow. The charge that was there from Bandai Namco on the 22nd disappeared. I guess I'm not getting this. *sigh* I didn't even get a cancellation e-mail.

Le-mo

So I got a bit of Info.

I got a cancellation email and I used Paypal and the fund was withdrawn immediately.

Sushigod7

This is worse than that time I got fucked by a fat blonde dude...in a van by the river.

Oh man I LOL that is good. What a fun night this has been really can't remember the last time I've replied this much to a thread. Thanks DR for bringing us all together you bunch of magnificent poor service bastards.

Jessicat

So I got a bit of Info.

This is why I paid in full the day of pre-order! :D

...I hope I actually get my copy, as usual Canada seems to get shafted with these sorts of things x.x I waited it out not only because shipping wasnt available to Canada yet, but also because I was hoping VGP.ca would get a hold of some of these for resale, I even emailed them asking about it, twice. Don't think they ever did though.

If/when anyone gets their copy [in Canada], let us know if those Ni no Starter bonuses are included [not that I care too much about 'em, but yea, would like to see pics XD]

Sushigod7

So I got a bit of Info.

Yours is still "in process" on the site?

Eusis

Wow. The charge that was there from Bandai Namco on the 22nd disappeared. I guess I'm not getting this. *sigh* I didn't even get a cancellation e-mail.
As stated charges do disappear temporarily before reappearing as cleared. I'd wait until tomorrow morning if you have no news otherwise.

Top Bottom